Notifications
Clear all

Extreme 3D Pro Joystick and Pioneer

Octonion
(@octonion)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

I want to play Pioneer with a Extreme 3D Pro Joystick connected to my 64-bit Windows 7. The game runs very smoothly on it so that is not the problem. When I enable the joystick, I can use it, but when I try to fly a ship with the joystick, I go down faster than you can say "Pioneer". This is so, even when I map some of the keys (like forward throttle) to a key on the joystick.

I also should very much like to map the throttle leaver (which I normally use in flight simulators for forward throttle) to anything decent in the game, but Pioneer does not recognize this leaver at all. Questions are:

1. Is there a way to do what I want ?

2. Where is the configuration file which can edit to manipulate the joystick settings ?

3. Extreme 3D Pro joystick works with profiles, which are used to map things on the joystick to things in the game. Does anyone have a profile (which looks like an XML file) already ?

s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Short answer : No.

Slightly longer answer: Use GlovePie or Autohotkey.

Longer Answer still: A joystick with a big long name like that should at least come with a usable driver, can't you setup the deadzone and key emulation with that?

If the driver can't do that then you can pretty much blame :'64-bit Windows 7'.

I have yet to see a native driver that does anything like this for Win7 x64.

ReplyQuote
Coolhand
(@coolhand)
Master Chief Registered

some joystick deadzone support would be great.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Coolhand wrote:
some joystick deadzone support would be great.

I made a feature request for this a while back hoping someone would take the reigns:

https://github.com/pioneerspacesim/pioneer/issues/8

ReplyQuote