i always wanted to try this program looks like fun , but i can't download it 😕

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Luomu wrote:
Subzeroplainzero wrote:
I suppose it all comes dowsn to what i generally wanted. I really like the retro frontier-like 2d face idea, but I can certainly see the lure of 3d procedurally generated faces. Perhaps, if your system would allow for it, the current facegen system could be used to generate varied skins. I do worry that using 3d models might lose the character it currently has, and we might end up with bland Oblivion-esque looking people.

Well, at the moment no one can create the faces but you. What if sometime later we need more faces, but you have quit, are too busy, or are run over by an ice cream truck?

3D or 2D, you should provide your source files and work methods so anyone can create faceparts.

No problemo, good point. I think I wrote a bit of a guide earlier in this thread, but I can do it again in more detail then people can add whatever they want to the facegen. Theres a bit of a knack to it though.. it's awefully fiddly but I'm sure it's learnable. The only thing I have thats not already available is a face template that I use to make sure that the pieces blend together adequately, so I'll pop that up too 🙂

ReplyQuote
pebblegarden
(@pebblegarden)
Petty Officer Registered

Please don't misunderstand me, Sub. I mentioned that I actually like the facegen results, from a nostalgia standpoint. Actually they've been improving as you do them.

Also, I wasn't suggesting a 3D implementation of Daz3D faces, but rather using Daz3D as a basis for the same sort of facegen pieces you're making now. The benefit would be consistent lighting and camera placement. I thought it might actually save you work.But you're right, it would likely produce more homogeneity in the generated faces.

ReplyQuote
pebblegarden
(@pebblegarden)
Petty Officer Registered

And I use the word 'actually' far too many times in the preceding post. Sorry!

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  
pebblegarden wrote:
And I use the word 'actually' far too many times in the preceding post. Sorry!

Nah, that's ok pebblegarden, I actually(see what I did there 😉 ) didn't read anything bad into what you said at all. I think I can be a bit blunt when I type, but I don't intend to seem like a mardy bottom. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

i have some suggestions (is there something this guy hasn't a suggestion to?)

unfortunately this stuff is on my broken pc, but anyway

i made some screenshots of the bloodrunner bridge from uncommon angles and used it as different background pics.

well theyv turned out quite good for a experiment.

it's to think about if some backgrounds shouldn't get rendered, even if i like the old factory stuff and things you used.

i added also a pic from a NPP's containment hatch, works fantastic. maybe i can get some good photos of the NPP once, i have some connections, usually it's not allowed to public photographs of a NPP, but if restricted, no one will recognize that.

imo youre the best choice we can have for the facegen 😉 i'm not joking or flattering

you really continously (5th time used today) made progress in that

it's old fashioned, but i guess it follows exactly tomms intention of it.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Quote:
maybe i can get some good photos of the NPP once

Oh yes please do 🙂

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  
potsmoke66 wrote:

imo youre the best choice we can have for the facegen 😉 i'm not joking or flattering

you really continously (5th time used today) made progress in that

it's old fashioned, but i guess it follows exactly tomms intention of it.

Thanks very much potsmoke, I'm flattered! 😳 😳

I agree with s2odan, anything you can get for us would be amzing! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3