Notifications
Clear all

Galaxy navigation

Przemyslav
(@przemyslav)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Hello, I have a question.

Since we have a 3-dimensional galaxy in Pioneer, all the systems have (x,y,z) coordinates.

Is there any way to precisely go to the given x,y,z? I mean, I want to go all the way through x to see where (how far to be precise) can I go that way. Now I can do this only by clicking systems roughly in the x direction which is not really convenient and far from being precise.

Is there some function I have not discovered or if there isn't - is such thing planned? Of course game engine should let you to arrive at any given x,y,z (so there is risk of arriving at void).

I would love to do some more serious galaxy exploration, but now it looks as if I hyperjump almost in random direction or I jump in a circle.

nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

You can move around on the map with the arrow keys, and you will go faster with if you hold down shift. The movement is perpendicular to the view plane, so you can go up and down too if you rotate the view with the right mouse. Also you can zoom out far to see faction territories

You can only target and jump to systems as far as I know.

ReplyQuote
Przemyslav
(@przemyslav)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you for reply and information, nozmajner. This will be enough for me to do some more let's say 'oriented' exploring.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

If i remember correctly, you can also write the coordinates in the search field.

ReplyQuote
Przemyslav
(@przemyslav)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I have just checked and yes you do remember correctly, Tichy! You just made my day, thanks! 🙂

ReplyQuote