Clear all

Genesia's screenshots

Page 6 / 6

Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

this trader is the most large model on the ground he have the the bigest surface (and the engines are retracted !!! ^^)

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Another beautiful ship from Gernot. It always reminded me of the Blake's 7 Liberator.

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Topic starter  

Data 80: Flowerfairy (cap. 500 tons)

194854Data801.png

355444Data802.png

982380Data803.png

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Topic starter  

Data 81: Terra (cap. 500 tons)

810948Data811.png

765320Data812.png

965769Data813.png

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Topic starter  

Data 82: V. Destroyer (cap. 570 tons)

738567Data821.png

751175Data822.png

726000Data823.png

778672Data824.png

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Topic starter  

Data 83: Boa Freighter (cap. 600 tons)

286344Data831.png

208988Data832.png

134836Data833.png

572773Data834.png

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Topic starter  

Data 84: Planet Express (cap. 600 tons)

456618Data841.png

501583Data842.png

679146Data843.png

ReplyQuote
OSH
 OSH
(@osh)
Master Chief Registered

Very good job! These ships are simply beautiful!

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Topic starter  

Data 85: Tunaboat (cap. 700 tons)

256612Data851.png

293632Data852.png

657749Data853.png

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Topic starter  

Data 86: Panther (cap. 740 tons)

645463Data861.png

177574Data862.png

269312Data863.png

597854data864.png

This model is the last of the "Bigs Ships" series (contain 12 plots)

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

to the problematic resting position of the courier....

while wait this shouldn't be anymore, the problem has existed as long as...

QUESTION:

how is the docking sequnce written did it show in the sequence a " + ship.aabb.y" or a " - ship.aabb.y" ???

and did your ships else rest properly on their wheels if the collision mesh covers the lowered gear (either with a animated collision mesh or i often used a small quad on the collision mesh, for all the SW-XWA conversions as example which have no gear and a few others as well)

recently all (them aren't so many) the LMR (only)  ships i run in my alpha30 rest proper on their wheels, the proper expression is "- ship.aabb.y"

the courier (and trader) have the problem that the collision mesh when the gear is "retracted" is lower as when it's engaged, due to the retracting/outfolding wings.

the "imperial shuttle" shows probably a similar problem, no?

but this shouldn't play no role since i can't remember, they solved this problem far before alpha30.

while i had to argue often that the ship.aabb is determined wrong from the static collision mesh, it must be taken from the state when the gear is lowered

if that is proper solved even the courier/trader will rest proper on their gear, wings retracted or whatever only the lowest "y" of this state will count (if your version has one, i've made two one without a gear, because it's abit to small for the giant bird and the former one which i later revived with the landing gear.

a very first release for pioneer had giant pistons and a sledge to land on, but it didn't looked good on the ship.

but if in the docking sequence is this error of + instead of - ship.aabb the effect will be similar and the ship will be lifted exactly by the amount of ship.aabb

which is half of the height of the whole ship.

besides it still works in the recent releases, but the tag is certainly more comfortable even if it's not as "cool" as a resting position determined by the geometry.

"V. Destroyer" that's a cool model, who made it? SolCommand?

it really looks like all of the ships are lifted off the ground...

checked the sequences they are all ok, though the error must be in the source, i know the ships can rest proper at least since alpha30 (but i assume even before),

even the courier or the "imperial shuttle" and the "preybird fighter".

besides when i took a look now at the collected screenshots (i like SW but) the SW-XWA ships look "worse" or "cheaper" as the plain FFE models, at least i feel this.

they are so boxy and made only of a few quads, while the frontier stuff is most cool bezier.

doesn't needs a texture nonetheless to me the ships look cool (GYR Attack Fighter i.e)

who ever designed the models had a good sense for dynamic, the GYR is a good example, generally beziers, but left and right sits a sharp edged "pod", which

is like flash in a clear blue sky. seen by the shapes, one is soft and round the other very pointed.

GYR, Merlin and Harrier was my beloved enemies in FFE, just because they looked so good.

the harrier is another ship i would have liked to transcripted once.

one of the recent ships (i don't know their strange sounding names to well, hmmm... i like animal names better, anaconda, tiger, lion, falcon, eagle, viper, if you like a pig all is good to remember, but how was the ship named, "hmpfscrmbl"? )

however one is looking very similar to a SW-XWA model, a troop transporter i guess it is.

"piggyback" why not. this ship i haven't converted yet from SW-XWA.

"does humor belong to movies and games"?

for sure it does, "Piggyback" cool!  ("du alte schweinebacke")

---

if one likes to fit a courier in a quick way for the SGModel system, then dig for my latest FFED3D release, the direct-x mesh should work for SGM, materials will be uniform

they are anyway uniform white for FFED3D.

what one has to do is what i explained once, to check for the top level root frame inside the mesh data (it's on the very top, after the declarations)

there will be a Matrix 4x4 expression written, the last four numbers in the top level frame are the scaler for the whole model, if multiplied with ten the ship will fit for pioneer.

in principles one could take any model from FFED3D to Pioneer in this way.

for some has a top level frame to be written by hand, because either the matrix contains "weird" data or a top level frame isn't present at all, but it's no problem and one could

cover the mesh with as many frames he like. which means copy around the expression and set a proper matrix usually "1.000 1.000 -1.000" and so forth it needs a little experience and a

good viewer .x converter like MeshView is (some models are binaries or even compressed binaries, MeshView converts proper between all of them, that's no wonder it was handed out with the

DX8 developement environment. later they replaced it with a simple viewer which can't write any format (for a to me not to see reason).

even worse, Microsoft itself rates it as a "dangerous software", i wonder what could be dangerous about a standalone tool developed by MS itself?

probably dangerous because it offers to much.

Mesh view offers more, recalculating of normals (shitty if not really needed) and some mesh approvement tools to check and fix errors, like loose edges and unused vertices.

it would be even possible to convert a model to a dynamic mesh which allows modifications by the LOD.

just never forget to close a frame you opened with { "all present mesh data follows until end of mesh, resp. start of animation data" } <- to close

it's maybe useful to take first a look at a mesh written by the blender2.49 dx exporter, it contains short comments to each frame, e.g. "frame root frame opens" - "frame root frame closes". that was as clever made by this italian dude who wrote it as to take only for the animation data what blender plays back, no matter if there is ipo data present or not, as long as a key is set.

unfortunately mesh-view removes such comments when converting a mesh.

it even removes the material names, i assume (know) the blender exporter writes to less declarations,

especially no declaration for the materials and i guess due to that it replaces the missing declarations and materials already at loading.

strangewisely it preserves under all conditions the texture file name, which would be the least important if you use only one channel.

---

besides vuzz are you interested in my last scripted models? if then i can fix them up for genesia, they need some new sub-models and helper functions

this will mean a little work to fit either the old version to the new functions or vice versa, but old to new makes more sense.

they are also all packed into only one large script for each type of models, i made this to show with my a30 release what is needed to be fixed altered to make pioneer

fully moddable, the ladybird has been removed from the source as default ship and replaced with "default_ship", this could be then any chosen ship.

same for the hard coded police ship, it requests for "police_ship" which could be any ship.

if all scripted geometry is in one single large file, one only has to restrict this file in the MOD with a empty file of the same name and you have a blank pioneer.

my intention behind was to make all in this way, though finally one can change the game from whatever style to a different one.

unfortunately it isn't anymore allowed to have multiple ship specs in one file, this wasn't bad, a little bad for overview, but good for modding, restrict/replace only one file

not 30 or more.

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Topic starter  

@ gernot

Genesia is a archives of old models in LMR , so no need develop models . but ... everybody's free to use any part  (or the totality) of Genesia and make another game to dev ( in fact i've alway think you're take Genesia's base when you're come back , that explain my disapointed when i've see you take alpha 8...

about the landing position of courier and trader i've soluce the problem for the future release :

Models Changes

- Invers pos. of scanner & registration text on Hullcutter

- Deletion of low details level on Caiman

- Lot of smalls corrections on Defender I : UC, pylons, & e_glow.

- Capacity of Lion Transport is now 200 instead 220

- Upscale Lion Transport

- Clean up model.lua & light mod of landing gear on Orion Cruiser

- New landing gear for Walrus

- Add missiles pods on Walrus, & Flowerfairy

- Terra now used xwa pilot model

- New texture for V Destroyer 

- Deletion of a obsolet largegun on Boa Freighter

- Adjust position of main thrusters on Boa Freighter

- Mod textures & adjust thrusters locations on Tunaboat

Divers

- Update Mediums ships list in docs folder

- Mod color of starports icons in starsystem infopanel

Fix

- Correct coll.mesh of landing gear on Imperial Courier

But , with my new work i have no time to edit this update now :/

and ... yes Vdestroyer is from SolCommand ^^ ( see the author in the lua )

finaly , for info , many models in genesia used a "lander" , sort of colition mesh for the landing position , it's the solution i've chose . but i'm not a really good moder ^^ , anyway that work fine and that all folks   🙂

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Topic starter  

Next Series "Very Bigs Ships"...

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Topic starter  

Data 87: NCC-1701A "Enterprise" (cap. 850 tons)

287151Data871.png

150732Data872.png

253082Data873.png

252832Data874.png

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Topic starter  

Data 88: Hammerhead (cap. 1000 tons)

684083Data881.png

784494Data882.png

393948Data883.png

571954Data884.png

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Topic starter  

Data 89: Suprosa (cap. 1000 tons)

859001Data891.png

502683Data892.png

424337Data893.png

986596Data894.png

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

Vuzz Hey, how are you? 

I delight sometimes playing a little Genesia and remembering how it all began. 

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Topic starter  

Vuzz Hey, how are you? 

Hi my old chaps,

I'm veryyy fine , currently playin' intensive on Elite Dangerous  and it's like a dream ^^

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

Hi Vuzz

Hi Walterar

dangerous sounds good

recently i'm playing something quite different, some "blast from the past" 30 years old and dind't rusts.

very dangerous but certainly not "elite", i never was member of any

Vuzz, the XWA models let me always shiver a little, but it's fine no critics.

maybe - who knows...

maybe we forced them even a little to put more effort in the models.

because they have changed quite a lot in "x-wing upgrade" to the models of XWA since i visitet the page last time.

many have now nice modeled cockpits... pilots...

the new "Zero G unit" they made looks cool, as well as the rest.

looks like you implemented my "names gen"?

snakes

erm

thanks

but don't expect me back, recently i have only sense for "Intellivision", that might change but not soon

i would have liked to work further on "Sputnik" but i flushed it down the drain (not willingly)

this makes me quite sad and i lost interest a little, i feel like crying only if i think about it.

i lost a ton of scripted models, one misfortune usually don't appears alone, my backupdrive quitted the service as well...

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Topic starter  

heu ..... rien compris la , Gernot ... ca doit etre un soucis de google translator ?

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

ces't egal

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Topic starter  

,, ??? as you like 

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Ok I am unashamedly bumping this great thread. These wonderful ships deserved not only to be looked at but flown too. People need to see the great work Vuzz & Gernot (with his ships) put into Genesia. I played with it recently and it was as good as ever and no space sim I've played in the past had such a variety of craft to fly. So, thank you Vuzz & Gernot. Genesia was epic!

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 6