Notifications
Clear all

Getting data from pioneer to use on another device

Twinstik
(@twinstik)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

I'm not a programmer, but...

I'm experimenting with making some sort of rudimentary simpit and was wandering what's the easiest way to get data. For instance, if I wanted distance/altitude from my frame of reference to be on a digital numbers display, where could I read that number from?

For example, there's a Telemachus mod for KSP that collects flight data and sends it to a local web server.

Harder question, just in case there's an easy solution: can you have a different instance of Pioneer running the same ship? Like, if I wanted to have the second monitor dedicated to the star map, could there be a way to do this?

impaktor
(@impaktor)
Pioneer Moderator

Look at the code that is used to put the numbers on the screen to begin with. It's in data/pigui/ possibly the modules/flight-ui would be interesting.

ReplyQuote
Twinstik
(@twinstik)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

ooooh lua... hmmmmm... thanks 😀

ReplyQuote
impaktor
(@impaktor)
Pioneer Moderator

On the dev forum there is an old post some where by a guy who modified pioneer's code to accept input from his arduino(?) / mechanical flip switch to raise / lower the landing gear.

I believe this is they guy, here demonstrating it:

ReplyQuote
hannana
(@hannana)
Crewman Registered

Any information is helpful. Thanks!

bubble shooter

ReplyQuote
impaktor
(@impaktor)
Pioneer Moderator

@hannana You can find the post on the dev forum (try searching the youtube link, or similar. It's there somewhere)

ReplyQuote