Notifications
Clear all

Great work guys

Loki999
(@loki999)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Was having an Elite reminiscence, and remembered the FFED3D project so gave that a whirl and some nice improvements since last time i tried it a few years ago. Then I heard about Pioneer and decided to give it a look-see.

Must say I was blown away. While it doesn't have the full feature set (yet!) I was really impressed.

So 10 thumbs up for the hard work!

I'm basically enjoying just flying around, checking out the planets and stuff (trying to avoid flying into then at stupid speeds!).

What planets in the current build would you say are worth checking out? I've read back some threads but some of the stars/planets mentioned don't seem to exist any more, or i just can't find them. Hell, i couldn't find Alpha/Beta Centauri!

walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

@Loki999 Welcome to Pioneer

[background=rgb(33, 47, 58)]" i couldn't find Alpha/Beta Centauri!"[/background]

Info on this link http://spacesimcentral.com/forum/topic/3044-alpha-centauri-has-planets/#entry31816

See coordinates -1,0,-1 to find Alpha Centaury and Toliman

ReplyQuote
Loki999
(@loki999)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks, makes sense.

Wow, just discovered how many stars there are, and why i couldn't find some of those stars listed in the other threads, the Z axis is also quite huge! Was thinking it was similar to FFE with quite a thin Z axis.

Is there a quick way to zoom the Z axis (mouse wheel only changes a little)? Couldn't find, just clicked stars that were higher/lower to go up down, can't be right...

ReplyQuote
Brianetta
(@brianetta)
Commander Registered

Page up and down to move in Z. For at least four sectors in any direction from Sol, all the stars are real ones. Many of the more distant stars are real, also.

For an old-skool kick, start at Lave.

ReplyQuote