Notifications
Clear all

Also get access to over 60 free games in their trove of games, get 20 percent off all purchases and you can stop the subscription at anytime and keep all the games

[HELP] Anti-aliasing

JohnS
(@johns)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi mates !!!!  😎

Ok, so, i begin to play yesterday after discovering this awesome game. Juste amazing.

BUT, a little problem here : Can't enable AA in game.

I'm on Win 7 64bits, HD6770 1Go with CC 14.x (not beta) ; when i enable AA in game, nothing happens....

Any idea ??

Thanks !!!!!  :nhl:

nozmajner
(@nozmajner)
Warrant Officer Registered

Hi!

Did you restarted the game? Resolution and AA needs you to do that.

ReplyQuote
JohnS
(@johns)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hey !

Yes, game restarted...et the drivers (CCC) are on defaults settings (no problems with others games. Maybe the problem is about the last ATI drivers ??

EDIT : 26/10 ---> Same with 13.x and 14.x drivers, no AA...and my system is up to date  :hi: Maybe on next release !

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

It occurs to me that I might know what this is and that, as is so often the case, it's my fault.

I recently enabled full-screen render to texture with the idea of progressing it to post-processing but I've first enabled it just to make sure that it works for everyone...

...of course I completely forgot about anti-aliasing which doesn't work when you render to a texture since it can't do anything clever with the geometry because as far as it can tell it's just two triangles and a texture covering the whole screen.

The future of course is to do it in a shader, possibly using MLAA or something, but for now I might just have to disable it.

Andy

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

I have opened an issue on the GitHub issue tracker and assigned it to me since it's probably my fault 😉

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

This will be fixed whenever the next build is uploaded.

ReplyQuote