Notifications
Clear all

[HELP] Anti-aliasing

JohnS
(@johns)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi mates !!!!  😎

Ok, so, i begin to play yesterday after discovering this awesome game. Juste amazing.

BUT, a little problem here : Can't enable AA in game.

I'm on Win 7 64bits, HD6770 1Go with CC 14.x (not beta) ; when i enable AA in game, nothing happens....

Any idea ??

Thanks !!!!! 

nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

Hi!

Did you restarted the game? Resolution and AA needs you to do that.

ReplyQuote
JohnS
(@johns)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hey !

Yes, game restarted...et the drivers (CCC) are on defaults settings (no problems with others games. Maybe the problem is about the last ATI drivers ??

EDIT : 26/10 ---> Same with 13.x and 14.x drivers, no AA...and my system is up to date   Maybe on next release !

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

It occurs to me that I might know what this is and that, as is so often the case, it's my fault.

I recently enabled full-screen render to texture with the idea of progressing it to post-processing but I've first enabled it just to make sure that it works for everyone...

...of course I completely forgot about anti-aliasing which doesn't work when you render to a texture since it can't do anything clever with the geometry because as far as it can tell it's just two triangles and a texture covering the whole screen.

The future of course is to do it in a shader, possibly using MLAA or something, but for now I might just have to disable it.

Andy

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

I have opened an issue on the GitHub issue tracker and assigned it to me since it's probably my fault 😉

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

This will be fixed whenever the next build is uploaded.

ReplyQuote