Notifications
Clear all

How you calculate full stop distance ? StopDistance spreadsheet

NiankoSensei
(@niankosensei)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

how i can calculate full stop distance ?

Edit

Spreadsheet for calculate full stop distance

f-Istantanea5247ee8d0014170f.jpg

download

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzQ8Mq13E8HJM1Z0eGhjOUdFNHc/edit?usp=sharing

for a better use is need update fuel % every step

nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-calculate-time-and-distance-from-accelerati.html

THis might help to aproximate it, but it won't be exact since you constantly lose reaction mass, so your acceleration increases when you are burning your engines.

ReplyQuote
NiankoSensei
(@niankosensei)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

is not possible get this value from pioneer ? from F3 screen for example ?

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

As far as I know thrusts aren't exposed to lua, so no. At least not in a trivial way. But don't take my word for it, I'm not a real coder.

ReplyQuote
NiankoSensei
(@niankosensei)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I have modified topic title becouse i want to know how ppl play pioneer and for see if there is a fast way for clculate the right distance ingame

Thanks all for yours replies

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

Do not quite understand the question, you mean something like this? dist = body:DistanceTo(otherbody)

ReplyQuote
NiankoSensei
(@niankosensei)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

The question is : With your speed versus target how you calculate the distance need to stop ?

for my own use i have made this spreadsheet, is enought insert G acceleration for have reference distances

[attachment=2265:StopDist.tar.gz]

Edit

for who interested i have added AU conversion

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

If you give me an example of how you use this, I'll understand better.

ReplyQuote
NiankoSensei
(@niankosensei)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

for example i have a ship with 9g accelleratio empty and 5g acceleration full , after the aceleration is half empty and i have an aceleration of 7g i inser 7g in B1 and i have all reference for decelerating for example at 1000 km/s i need 7288630 kilometers for a full stop, logically you consume fuel in decelerating and those are only references

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

Mmmm ... I confess my ignorance about piloting, these data, I leave to the autopilot.

But if you wanted to find the exact data, sail by some Ship-AI.cpp or something.   The autopilot does a great job.

ReplyQuote
NiankoSensei
(@niankosensei)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Autopilot ? wasted space, if you use a little ship or fighter is better put others system than autopilot

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

Ok. Yes, there are many ways to play Pioneer. Some more fun than others, in the opinion of each player.

That is good.

ReplyQuote
NeuralKernel
(@neuralkernel)
Warrant Officer Registered

For time, the autopilot can't be beat... for conserving deltaV... I can't be beat 😉

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

I combine manual flight <> autopilot, as appropriate.

And my way of playing is to test all ships, without using Ctrl-M, or console commands. 🙂

ReplyQuote
NiankoSensei
(@niankosensei)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Updated now G aceleration is calculated by the fuel

http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/topic/3933-how-do-you-calculate-full-stop-distance/#entry43442

ReplyQuote
NiankoSensei
(@niankosensei)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

For time, the autopilot can't be beat... for conserving deltaV... I can't be beat 😉

That is wrong, with manual flight you can improve fuel burn, autopilot save always 20% of fuel  but in manual flight you can burn 50% of fuel only for aceleration and for scout mission you can manage more better fuel comsumation and save enought fuel for the flight back

ReplyQuote
NiankoSensei
(@niankosensei)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Ops, i have do a mistake with fuel in the spreadsheet updated version at first post

http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/topic/3933-how-you-calculate-full-stop-distance/#entry43442

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)

Seriously , its really a brain storming for nothing , you have the last technology with orbital  maps ,an a very acurate autopilot for that ... 

I prefer let this sort of of work to my  in board computer , but if it's your trip , good game ! ? 

ReplyQuote
NiankoSensei
(@niankosensei)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Autopilot is the real problem of pioneer, it left 70% of the gameplay, better is have those value on hud but for now i can fly by hand by compiling this spreadsheet.

This make briefing for missions more fun and i can improve flights with a better fuel compsumation

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)

ok , it's your trip , but  personally i prefer consider Pioneer as a  "reals conditions simulator" and think that the space nav is too dangerous to abord that without a lot of computer helps ....

i reality of the space flight nothing is under the real control of the astronaut ( except in urgengy , shudown of computers alims for ex, )

i take the command only in case of fight or in atmo flight ... but its my trip , i like the Frontier ambiance :

be in semi lethargic ( or criogenisation ?) state under the control of the stardreammer and ... surrrender return in the reality with the warning of an closer ship !!! 0_0 

ReplyQuote