(@bchimself)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Episode 17

ReplyQuote
Brianetta
(@brianetta)
Commander Registered

The script has been updated with Edqu. The right Edqu - there are a couple near that spot!

That link again, since we're on a new page:

https://gist.github.com/1735370

Edqu B c looks like it'll get true night for only half of its year.

ReplyQuote
bchimself
(@bchimself)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Brianetta wrote:
The script has been updated with Edqu. The right Edqu - there are a couple near that spot!

is there a general link I could post on all of my episode descriptions that leads to the most up-to-date version of this? Maybe you could start a new thread if there's nothing else.

ReplyQuote
Brianetta
(@brianetta)
Commander Registered

bchimself wrote:
Brianetta wrote:

is there a general link I could post on all of my episode descriptions that leads to the most up-to-date version of this? Maybe you could start a new thread if there's nothing else.

Yes, that is a general link.

ReplyQuote
bchimself
(@bchimself)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Brianetta wrote:
bchimself wrote:
Brianetta wrote:

Yes, that is a general link.

Perfecto. Now adding to descriptions of every video (ugh that takes a while).

ReplyQuote
bchimself
(@bchimself)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Ep 18 up!

ReplyQuote
Brianetta
(@brianetta)
Commander Registered

Alas, the fourth camera (your non-functional one) is the one that doesn't flip when the ship does.

You can directly skip between the cameras with the keys from Shift-1 to Shift-4, so you can toggle directly between external and front view, for example.

Does camera 4 work if you begin a new game?

ReplyQuote
bchimself
(@bchimself)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Brianetta wrote:
Alas, the fourth camera (your non-functional one) is the one that doesn't flip when the ship does.

You can directly skip between the cameras with the keys from Shift-1 to Shift-4, so you can toggle directly between external and front view, for example.

Does camera 4 work if you begin a new game?

Ah, I see. Yes, starting a new game does allow me to use Camera 4.

ReplyQuote
bchimself
(@bchimself)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Hey guys, I'm back after a hiatus and I was wondering if there are any more script changes I should make with version 20? Brianetta had made a script for me for 19 so I wouldn't have to refuel in-system and a few other things which made filming easier.

New episodes will be in production as soon as I get this info. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

i think, no, I THINK!

that's cool 😎

i like the "episodes" you made, of course i haven't watched them all, only one right now.

to sad i can't make no more clips, but the macbook is to weak to do this with it. 🙁

most of all i really love to see others love this fantastic game to 😛

have fun, i await more "episodes" made by you.

personally i guess alpha20 is worth to at least to take a look at, no it's worth to be notified.

but as it is, every alpha will bring us some surprises 😉

ReplyQuote
Brianetta
(@brianetta)
Commander Registered

https://gist.github.com/1904991

That replaces a script in alpha 20. Instead of warning you when your fuel's getting low, it just goes ahead and refills the tank with magic juice.

ReplyQuote
bchimself
(@bchimself)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Brianetta wrote:
https://gist.github.com/1904991

That replaces a script in alpha 20. Instead of warning you when your fuel's getting low, it just goes ahead and refills the tank with magic juice.

Thank you my friend! Brianetta to the rescue.

ReplyQuote
bchimself
(@bchimself)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Episode 19 (still in version 19 as well)

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

Hi Bchimself,

I've been following your videos and I was wondering when number 1 would be available again as this is where you go through the game basics which is the one I realy want to see. The link to it just says it is a private video and I just checked now there is no sign of number #1 yet was hoping it might be up soon.

Great work with the vids. 🙂

ReplyQuote
bchimself
(@bchimself)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Styggron wrote:
Hi Bchimself,

I've been following your videos and I was wondering when number 1 would be available again as this is where you go through the game basics which is the one I realy want to see. The link to it just says it is a private video and I just checked now there is no sign of number #1 yet was hoping it might be up soon.

Great work with the vids. 🙂

Haha, I actually took it down because it was getting a huge amount of views, but not in a good way. It was my first let's play video and I made it rather long and dull, and my viewership tended to drop off after the first 2 minutes of the video. So in order to keep potential viewers interested, I hid the video to force them to watch the actual exciting stuff.

I will make the video unlisted, so if you have the link you can watch it. The links are all listed on my first post. Thanks for watching!

Keep in mind, a lot of things have changed since the version on which I started filming!

ReplyQuote
bchimself
(@bchimself)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Episode 20 with version 20 will be filmed as soon as I'm done drinking for St. Patty's Day.

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

bchimself wrote:
Episode 20 with version 20 will be filmed as soon as I'm done drinking for St. Patty's Day.

What could possibly go wrong?

ReplyQuote
bchimself
(@bchimself)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  
robn wrote:
bchimself wrote:

What could possibly go wrong?

There are no drunk piloting laws in this part of the galaxy.

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

Thanks for that Bchimself.

I tested out the Elite worlds and because there was no autopilot available due to the model as Lave is around 700 light years from Sol ......I flew and docked at Leesti manually and Diso High.

I have to say Diso High was a real challenge, took me several goes to get used to the inertia plus Diso High is very close to the planet, anyway docking all worked but unfortuantely there was no autopilot that was available for purchase from Leesti or Diso (as I couldn't remember which in Elite has the higher tech level) also I could not see the tech levels as this is probably not implemented yet.

Anyway thanks to RobN I now have an autopilot Cheers 🙂 so I shall continue testing as my aim is to write a quickstart guide....anyway it was great to see Lave. Not sure if one can reach Lave from Sol though. I don't even know which direction to head 🙂

ReplyQuote
Brianetta
(@brianetta)
Commander Registered

Styggron wrote:
Not sure if one can reach Lave from Sol though. I don't even know which direction to head 🙂

You can. The direction is out. Out is in the Page Down direction. Bear in mind that PageDown drifts down, about one sector for every five, at the default map angle.

It's about 60 jumps, depending on your ship and (obviously) how long your jumps are. Long jumps take much longer. You will need to get hydrogen on the way, and sometimes there can be quite a way between stations.

ReplyQuote
bchimself
(@bchimself)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Please forgive the slightly intoxicated commentary. However, I believe this is the most interesting system I've come across so far, so I hope you guys enjoy it!

ReplyQuote
Overlord
(@overlord)
Master Chief Registered

The question is, were you drinking Guinness? Well I'm from the UK and by the sounds of it you guys celebrate St Patricks day more than us!

Some good shots of that planet with the river and the sediment lines. Good stuff.

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5