Notifications
Clear all

I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4

Music in stations v-0.02

Taquito
(@taquito)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Just a small change in the sound of the stations. I made a small track for Pioneer a few days ago and would like to share it here. For those who would like music instead of the crowd sound on stations. Please keep in mind this is me playing to me a dj. ๐Ÿ˜† Check it out and send your feedback to improve it. I could also add the crowd sounds with the music if you guys want to. Btw. I can make many other ambient sounds and robot voices for the controls, like "Jumping into hyperspace" or "Access grannted" etc. I do need a small briefing on which specific sound file to use and what do you need or get the sound file created so I can place the ogg.

v-0.02

[attachment=535:Station.rar]

Instructions:

1. First make a backup of the station folder located in the sounds section. In case you hated the song. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

2. Place the Station.rar file inside the: \pioneer-alpha8\data\sounds file.

enjoy. Feedback needed. ๐Ÿ˜‰

memnoch
(@memnoch)
Petty Officer Registered

While you are at it, any chance of making "The Girl from Ipanema", as heard in "The Blues Brothers" lift scene, the new docking music? LOL

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered

i like

ReplyQuote
Taquito
(@taquito)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
memnoch wrote:
While you are at it, any chance of making "The Girl from Ipanema", as heard in "The Blues Brothers" lift scene, the new docking music? LOL

Girl from Ipanema? lol. That song has been used till exhaustion. ๐Ÿ˜€

ReplyQuote
Taquito
(@taquito)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
ollobrain wrote:
i like

Thanks. I'm working on a more polished version. ๐Ÿ˜€

ReplyQuote
Taquito
(@taquito)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

v-0.02 now available. Better quality sound. Fade out and the little girl saying "Pioneer!" sounds much better now. Hopefuly I'll be adding some ambient sounds in space soon. ๐Ÿ˜€

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Nice piece. Keep working on it. I think it's a bit repetitive to replace the ambient station sound as things are currently. When music is implemented in Pioneer and we can have folders for music in various situations, I'd definitely like to include it. Right now, I have it in a music folder named Taquito so I can listen to it with my other music files. I'm going to replace my bulk_door_open_close with yours. ๐Ÿ˜€

ReplyQuote
Taquito
(@taquito)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
Marcel wrote:
Nice piece. Keep working on it. I think it's a bit repetitive to replace the ambient station sound as things are currently. When music is implemented in Pioneer and we can have folders for music in various situations, I'd definitely like to include it. Right now, I have it in a music folder named Taquito so I can listen to it with my other music files. I'm going to replace my bulk_door_open_close with yours. ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks and yes I agree. I just recently noticed there's a lot of sound files there that havn't been implemented yet and pretty good ones. I guess they were made by Staniol. Hopefully we can get those implemented soon. Maybe we can even have a folder to place our own music as well or some sort of space music and talk show stations like in gta.

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered

It'll be good when the new combat system has been implemeted. Weapon sounds should be pretty fun to play around with! Especially if there are going to be a host of new guns and stuff. Let me know if you need any help! ๐Ÿ™‚

ReplyQuote
Staniol
(@staniol)
Petty Officer Registered

Hi All,

I am crying on all forums for a coder to help me implementing my sounds.

I have tons of things planneed and ready, I just never touched C++, but if noone volunteers, I will start to learn it, that is how I like this project.

I do think my sound and sound design would improve this project a lot, I wont give up. ๐Ÿ™‚

So once again, if you feel you can help me implementing the sounds, feel free to contact me!

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

Staniol wrote:
So once again, if you feel you can help me implementing the sounds, feel free to contact me!

Why not post here what you're actually after, so any programmers with time can see if they have the necessary skills?

ReplyQuote
Staniol
(@staniol)
Petty Officer Registered

robn wrote:
Staniol wrote:

Why not post here what you're actually after, so any programmers with time can see if they have the necessary skills?

Hi Robn,

Actually I need someone to implement my sounds in the game, based on my plans and design, which I can explain in detail if needed.

So, its only coding I need, I finished all sounds and planning. (Obviously, for time to time, I am re-recording some sounds which I feel I can do better, but replacing a file in the sound folder is well within my capabilities. ๐Ÿ™‚ )

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Quote:
based on my plans and design, which I can explain in detail if needed.

Please explain it here then and we can see what can be done.

ReplyQuote
Taquito
(@taquito)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hey Staniol. I think you just need the devs to assign your sounds to the actions. I believe that is what you mean. I personally conform to have your hyper drive sound implemented and if its possible to have a folder for a general music sound to be played in space. Maybe activated by the menu if you want music on and off. Having that folder assigned in game you can add as many general music or ambient sounds as you want. The click and thruster sounds are already implemented so they can just be replaced. I've made sounds too that I would like to pm you for your consideration if this gets finally implemented. ๐Ÿ˜‰

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered

im liking it maybe a few more tracks , polish it up. But looking good

ReplyQuote
Staniol
(@staniol)
Petty Officer Registered

Hi S2odan,

Well, I can try to explain, but that wont be short.

As I mentioned, I want to do something different with this game. Its not just a simple action - sound relationship sometimes.

A couple of dependencies and processes i need to explain, and the way to implement some specific sound groups.(equations and such involved)

I already have an excel with some info, but I further work on it tomorrow so it can be shared.

The reasons I would do it together with one dedicated coder is, to avoid confusion, loosing focus, the ability to track progress and testing.

Maybe I am too organised for an open source project? ๐Ÿ™‚

Anyway, I'll put this together and share it as soon as I can.

ReplyQuote
tomm
 tomm
(@tomm)
Master Chief Registered

Being organized is good ๐Ÿ˜‰

So how are the sounds supposed to work?

ReplyQuote