Notifications
Clear all

Newcomer. Some feedback and a problem.

Page 2 / 2

PabloSanchezGrobet
(@pablosanchezgrobet)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I have a save file from when I got to Mruk town in orbital view, orbiting the planet. I loaded that game without problem. When the game opens I'm in internal view looking towards space. I could even travel to Kuo Outpost, the space station near the planet. But then it crashed when, near to the station, the autopilot turned around. I think the problem is with the planet. Even if I stay over the planet but looking outwards, it doesn't crash, and I can move the camera a little bit, but it crashes if I try to put the planet in the screen.

In another try I jumped from Earth to Altair f and then started traveling to Hsiung Rock. Normally it would crash about 1.5 AU from target. But I changed course when it was about 6 AU away and headed to Artair f f, which was nearby, in autopilot. It aproached the planet until, again, it crashed when the autopilot started making adjustments, before I could ever see the planet on the screen.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

Something strange is happening there.  🙁

It seems that the video card that is active is Intel HD Graphics 4000, instead of the Nvidia 630.

ReplyQuote
PabloSanchezGrobet
(@pablosanchezgrobet)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hmm, it seems that it is set up to use the Intel Graphics by default instead of the Nvidia. But if I try to set up Nvidia for this specific aplication, I can't even open the program, it crashes immediately.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

@PabloSanchezGrobet There is a 99% chance that it is a problem of Nvidia-Win10 I googled a bit and see that it is a common problem. Maybe you should download the updated Nvidia drivers and install them manually. 

@fluffyfreak has a laptop similar to yours; perhaps know how to solve this problem. 

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

It's fine on my laptop with the built-in Intel 4000 and the nVidia 650m on my laptop.

You can either install the "Geforce Experience" ( http://www.geforce.co.uk/geforce-experience ) software and have it download the correct drivers for you or get them directly from nVidia's site ( http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-uk).

Pioneer doesn't need a profile creating for it as we export the `NvOptimusEnablement=1` symbol that the nVidia drivers use to determine availability so it should just work if you have the newest drivers.

It might be best to download the drivers yourself, and do a clean installation (optional during install) to make sure that there's no junk left over from earlier installations.

ReplyQuote
PabloSanchezGrobet
(@pablosanchezgrobet)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

It worked!! Finaly!! Thank you very much to all of you who helped. Yes, I updated the driver from version 563.something to 573. I ended up being lazy and did it with the help of the GeForce Experience software but it works fine. The only thing was that at first the video was jumpy, but I deactivated the multisampling and it solved the problem. I still think its weird that it consistently crashed on some apparently random systems, right?

Anyway, thanks again. I know it may have been rather obvious, but I am not really a frequent gamer, and it did not occur to me that an out-of-date driver could cause such problems.

Now to enjoy the game!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2