Notifications
Clear all

Nightly builds

Page 14 / 14

Anonymous

the new modelviewer is  not operational for the moment  ?

i've hold down the esc touch while launch and nothing ...

That's only for OS X, but it's the Option key (aka Alt) on the keyboard, not the game options (Esc) key.

If you start Pioneer from the command line you can pass the -mv flag to get the model viewer (should work on all operating systems).

On Windows you can create a shortcut and add the -mv flag to the shortcut's target value.

John B

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

I'd like to urge anyone on Mac OS X to try the latest nightly build (pioneer-alpha30-freeze-6587fda-osx.tar.bz2). There has been a change in the text rendering code recently which could cause problems on recent version of OS X, but I don't have a Mac to test on, so I don't know for sure. The alpha 30 release is on Friday 11th so I'm really hoping it can be tested before then. If it works, that's great; if it doesn't work then it's important someone tells us before Friday so that we can undo the change.

John B

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Hi John,

I tested this before packaging it up (also spoke to robn about it) and it seems to work as expected - but it is always nice for others to test it as well.

Cheers,

Phil.

I'd like to urge anyone on Mac OS X to try the latest nightly build (pioneer-alpha30-freeze-6587fda-osx.tar.bz2). There has been a change in the text rendering code recently which could cause problems on recent version of OS X, but I don't have a Mac to test on, so I don't know for sure. The alpha 30 release is on Friday 11th so I'm really hoping it can be tested before then. If it works, that's great; if it doesn't work then it's important someone tells us before Friday so that we can undo the change.

John B

ReplyQuote
WaveMotion
(@wavemotion)
Petty Officer Registered

The text rendering seems to work perfectly on my 10.8 MacBook Pro.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

I tested this before packaging it up (also spoke to robn about it) and it seems to work as expected - but it is always nice for others to test it as well.

The text rendering seems to work perfectly on my 10.8 MacBook Pro.

Great! Thanks guys 🙂

John B

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

20 Jan - 660256e

We have our first SGModel ship in the game - a great conversion of the Lanner. A round of applause for jpab!

X208P6p.png

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

It really deserves applause for this and many other things he does for Pioneer. 

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

sorry but i can't applause this Lanner : the landing gear of this sg model have a bug , he disapear after the final phase of the animation .

I can't reproduce that in either the game or the modelviewer. Can you please provide more information?

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks for that. Doesn't happen for me, but there's a possibility that its a platform quirk. Logged in issue #1970.

ReplyQuote
Metamartian
(@metamartian)
Warrant Officer Registered

I do see it in the model viewer. if you move the animation slider to transition from 0.99 to 1.00 you should see it that the gear disappears.

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Wj3B8kc.png

As I said, it appears to be a platform-specific difference.

ReplyQuote
Metamartian
(@metamartian)

a question about this model viewer ? 

what is exactly the touch to run it instaed the game ? 

my keyboard is in french , and when i  hold  the option kay ( alt _ground in french) i have nothing , maybe its due  to that , since alpha 30 its impossible for me to run the sg models viewver .

http://pioneerwiki.com/wiki/Model_viewer

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

a question about this model viewer ? 

what is exactly the touch to run it instaed the game ? 

my keyboard is in french , and when i  hold  the option kay ( alt _ground in french) i have nothing , maybe its due  to that , since alpha 30 its impossible for me to run the sg models viewver .

Option key only works on Mac OS X. For all operating systems you can pass the -mv flag to the game when you run it.

On Windows the easiest way is: Create a shortcut to Pioneer.exe. Edit shortcut properties, and add " -mv" to the Target box, so the Target is something like "C:UsersjpabpioneerPioneer.exe -mv". Note the space between "Pioneer.exe" and "-mv". Then you should be able to run the model viewer by using this shortcut.

John B

ReplyQuote
Metamartian
(@metamartian)

change the anim gear_down to 0 99 and not 1 100

ReplyQuote
Metamartian
(@metamartian)

sorry typo meant change it to 0 100

ignore 0 99.

And don't tell me what I can and can't do vuzz, heed your owns words. you don't know me. It's my time I am apparently wasting helping out not yours.

ReplyQuote
NeuralKernel
(@neuralkernel)

The alpha31 freeze seems to have a mouse control bug. In a fight the view will sometimes switch to a "random" view (Random Function key) and I think it is because the mouse pointer is still being tracked and used for cockpit interaction even when using the mouse for attitude control.

Perhaps a right click to toggle between different mouse modes like in Flightgear?

I only have an account here right now, but I'll try and set things up for more convenient bug reporting soon 🙂

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered

id like to see the mouse issue fixed before alpha 31 otherwise downloaded the nightly build things are looking pretty good

ReplyQuote
sapog662
(@sapog662)
Master Chief Registered

2fef584 -  EXE once again forgotten.(

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

Sorry gang but are the nightlies down ? The links I had did not work, I double checked them, tried the one on the OP here as well as a few above.

ReplyQuote
shadmar
(@shadmar)

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

Seems to be working now............not sure why it was giving an error before.

Cheers for that

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

oh, pioneer has turned to a game of peace... 😉

ReplyQuote
Pizzi1
(@pizzi1)
Petty Officer Registered

hi, all

i have found a cool new bug in the last night build "pioneer-d90b2d6-win32".

The bug is in "Ioqufa" system and its position is (4 -9 -17)
With the autopilot, i can not reach high / low orbit in "Ioqufa B a" (the first planet of the second small star of the system).
I also discovered that I can fly through it (no collision detection, so i can fly into the planet :p )

ReplyQuote
Pizzi1
(@pizzi1)
Petty Officer Registered

I just found a small problem, I saw a curious hedgehog asteroid with 1.3 Earth radii and 0 mass.
The bug is visible to the system (NN 4078), its coordinates are (-3 -1 -4).

For my testing I used this verione: (pioneer-201307.112-win32).

Thank you for your work done so far.

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Yeah I've found it, we've got a bug on the issue about these spiky asteroids.

ReplyQuote
Page 14 / 14