Notifications
Clear all

Official contributor forum open

Luomu
(@luomu)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Every now and then we have would-be contributors offering art and such through IRC or this SpaceSimCentral fan forum (which we generally don't monitor). Neither is a good way to get noticed, so we have opened a forum for Pioneer contributors. If you want to discuss development of Pioneer, or show off your work, go there!

http://pioneerspacesim.net/forum/

The Github tracker remains for issue reports and pull requests, as before.

These SpaceSimCentral fan forums remain for for player or community discussion.

Welcome!

Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Warrant Officer Registered

@ Luomu

Maybe you can be more clear ?

What did you mean by contribution ? only work on official Dev . ? in this case you have Ghit.

Or that regroup also the mods ? , in this other case , many threads are already open on this forum ...

ReplyQuote
Luomu
(@luomu)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I would say, it's not for mods. That's more "community stuff", and that's what SSC is good for. We don't offer file uploads anyway.

But, if you have a technical question about modding to Pioneer developers, ask on the new dev forum. And if you have a bug report, use Github.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

I'm unable to pass registration. Does it block IPs from the Tor network?

ReplyQuote
Luomu
(@luomu)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Not purposefully, no. That IP might be on some spam protection list. Try regging without tor.

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

Great! I've already started up a thread about that small transport of mine. 🙂

( I had problems with the registration too, that Capcha kicked me out at least two times, and I entered the text correctly. Managed to register on the third run.)

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

You know I can make any sub forum for the pioneer community that you need (like I did with the german area) someone just needs to speak up and ask for it. I can create pretty much anything ya want people just need to let me know what they want 🙂

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

Obviously DarkOne is free to do whatever he wants on his forum. Just understand that SSC is not considered official and isn't monitored by most of the core team, mostly because its very noisy. So a development forum here is probably going to be of limited utility.

I expect the SSC will always be significantly more friendly and community-focused than the dev forum ever will. That's by design - its not supposed to be a place for making friends, its supposed to be a place to get shit done without having to filter out the chatter.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Not purposefully, no. That IP might be on some spam protection list. Try regging without tor.

Maybe it was that, or I am unable to write a captcha... because now it worked 😉

ReplyQuote
lwho
 lwho
(@lwho)
Petty Officer Registered

I tried to register yesterday, but never got an activation mail. I tried "Resend activation e-mail", both yesterday and today: Still no success. Both client-side and server-side junk folders are empty. I do receive other e-mails on the account, so it is working.

When trying to login without the activation e-mail, it refuses because the account is inactive as expected. But it also suggests to contact a board administrator, but gives you no way to do so (contact link, whatever).

Username is the same as here.

ReplyQuote
Luomu
(@luomu)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I tried to register yesterday, but never got an activation mail. I tried "Resend activation e-mail", both yesterday and today: Still no success. Both client-side and server-side junk folders are empty. I do receive other e-mails on the account, so it is working.

Username is the same as here.

Odd. I've activated you manually.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I've joined although I will mostly lurk, very interesting discussions though guys!

ReplyQuote