Notifications
Clear all

Pioneer Download Area on SSC

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Hi Everyone

As most of you know I have been working on converting the site over to more this decade software technology 🙂

So in doing so I need to download all of the mods and files from Pioneer download area. I see a lot of files here, can anyone give some insight to what is still a valid download that hasn't been included in latest Pioneer release?

I see a lot of ship mods for A23 and A24 are those still valid?

Basically I want to flush anything old and not being used or compile mods into packages if that helps as well. Since I am moving the site I might as well clean up while I am at it.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Because I have to manually download these files one at a time and its a real pain in the ass. So trying not to go numb downloading 100+ mods if I don't have too.

-D1-

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi D1. Many of those older ship mods were incorporated into Vuzz's Genesia but I know there is a heck of a lot of other mods there too. Gernot created so much content back then. Might I suggest maybe PM'ing him as he will know for sure. As for Genesia, Vuzz created a thread here that listed all the ships it contained. It's an amazing amount!

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Oh boy I have no idea 🙁

I grabbed a few to check and I don't think any of the older alpha ships / stations will work with current Pioneer releases.

Geraldine is right though that they will work with Genesia which was essentially a frozen version just before the new model system. Makes it a bit of a mess figuring out what goes where I guess.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Hmmm. I PM'd Gernot and he has yet to reply.

But I might just start downloading them all any way and maybe just stick them in a archive labeled A23_Ship_Models and A24_Ship_Models. This way they are still available but its all in one package. I will try to be descriptive in the file renaming if I can since the new download area will be more integrated with wordpress and it will be more of ftp/file explorer style interface that people should be used too. So no fancy screenshots or text any more. I couldn't find a plugin that replicates that IPB functionality for WP.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Actually after looking at the download count for pre A24 downloads there wasn't many so I will only save A24 and above.

So if people want those get them while you can 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Fluffyfreak on your Lanner ship model, is that for a specific version of Pioneer or does it need a minimum version to run?

ReplyQuote
impaktor
(@impaktor)
Pioneer Moderator

Didn't the lanner go into Scout+ a few years ago, and is now alive and well there?

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

The Lanner should work with current Pioneer too. 

ReplyQuote