Notifications
Clear all

I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4

Pioneer Musical Appreciation Society

Page 34 / 34

arfa
 arfa
(@arfa)
Master Chief Registered

Watched a video a while back from a popular Youtuber called Rick Beato. He was saying that he would like to demonstrate what a great guitarist Jerry Garcia was but he can't because if he plays any of Garcia's riffs the video gets blocked. He had a similar issue with Led Zep, but some people were able to contact Page and Plant and get the videos unblocked.

The title 'One A.M. Approach' reminded me of a KLF track called '3 A.M. Eternal' which I have decided not to post here. Instead I shall post this

ReplyQuote
arfa
 arfa
(@arfa)
Master Chief Registered

Something that Tammy Wynette is probably better known for

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Posted by: @arfa

he can't because if he plays any of Garcia's riffs the video gets blocked.

That's insane! The Grateful Dead were probably the most bootlegged band in the history of rock, and they encouraged it. Turn up at one of their earlier gigs with a reel-to-reel, and the crew would likely offer you a direct feed from the sound deck.

The variables vary too much, and the constants aren't as constant as they seem.

ReplyQuote
arfa
 arfa
(@arfa)
Master Chief Registered

It seems that it is the rights holders that set up the blocking - some are willing to let music clips be used in return for a share of any money gained by the video whereas some will just block anything and cannot be negotiated with. Rick says there are lots of great musicians who are being forgotten about or remain undiscovered because no-one who likes them can use any of their music in videos - (he gives an example of a 2 minute clip from an hour long Jazz improvisation getting blocked).

ReplyQuote
arfa
 arfa
(@arfa)
Master Chief Registered

A song called 'She's Not There' just came up on the Youtube recommended list. I think that this is the first version that I heard

before discovering the original

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Posted by: @arfa

what a great guitarist Jerry Garcia was but he can't because if he plays any of Garcia's riffs the video gets blocked

Talking of such, have some Clementine Jam. The two drummers come across well too!

That track is one of the few examples of a so-called 'Bonus Track' on a CD that's actually worth having.

ReplyQuote
arfa
 arfa
(@arfa)
Master Chief Registered

Can't think of any good Bonus Tracks at the minute. This one is a B-side recorded at the time that the Blizzard of Ozz album came out. I expected it to be added to the CD version but it wasn't so I still don't have a proper recording of it.

ReplyQuote
arfa
 arfa
(@arfa)
Master Chief Registered

Another live track that I like that doesn't appear to have a studio version.

ReplyQuote
arfa
 arfa
(@arfa)
Master Chief Registered

Another B-side, not on the album.

ReplyQuote
arfa
 arfa
(@arfa)
Master Chief Registered

Spanish Eyes was also the title of one of my mother's favourite songs.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

RIP Dusty Hill...

arfa liked
ReplyQuote
arfa
 arfa
(@arfa)
Master Chief Registered

Saw ZZ Top at the refectory at the University of Leeds (where the Who's Live at Leeds was recorded) on the Eliminator tour. Saw them a few months later at Castle Donington (one of those customized cars like on the album cover was driving around part of the track but don't know if it was anyone from the band). Got quite a few ZZ Top albums, mainly the older ones.

ReplyQuote
arfa
 arfa
(@arfa)
Master Chief Registered

ReplyQuote
arfa
 arfa
(@arfa)
Master Chief Registered

A bird or squirrel had dug a big hole in the soil in a plant-pot in the garden. I was just filling in the hole with some new soil when a very old song title popped into my mind. I think I probably heard this on the Anne Nightingale request show in the late 70's or in the 80's.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Steve Hillage played in Gong. He was part of the Canterbury scene, as was Caravan...

Pure prog rock! Saw them in 1970 at the local college, stoned-out!

ReplyQuote
arfa
 arfa
(@arfa)
Master Chief Registered

Another song that got played a few times on the Anne Nightingale show was by Steve Hillage

ReplyQuote
arfa
 arfa
(@arfa)
Master Chief Registered

From the land of grey and pink, up north, to the green and grey

ReplyQuote
Page 34 / 34