Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] !! Pioneer Question Time !! - Ask them here

Page 36 / 52

shadmar
(@shadmar)
Warrant Officer Registered

Is there a way to fetch long and lat at the position of the ship? (Like for placing starports?)

ReplyQuote
Omega1
(@omega1)
Crewman Registered

I recently discovered Pioneer and I am enjoying what's included so far, the game has great potential.

My question for today is will we have a view mode sitting inside the cockpit where we get to see the control panels and such any time soon?

If not do you plan on adding such a feature to the game later on down the line?

ReplyQuote
Metamartian
(@metamartian)
Warrant Officer Registered

Here's a tip - use Github to see the differences between two builds. Grab their commit hashes from the nightly filename or menu screen, and plug them into a url like this:

https://github.com/pioneerspacesim/pioneer/compare/8df2208...1cae2f4

Github will show all the commits between those two. If you click the "Files" tab, you can see the actual file changes, including Changelog.txt

So as you can see from the above changes, fuel use has been rebalanced. An old mod will likely require similar changes.

Thanks or the pointer Robn, after increasing the fuel tank mass, the LEM now works 🙂 although I don't understand the mathy bits behind the calcs, I'll carry on fiddling till I have it right.

PS, off topic, I am a bit jealous of the weather you are having down there (if you are in country of course!)

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

Yeah, its pretty warm. Half the country is on fire too, but that's fairly normal for this time of year 😛

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

I recently discovered Pioneer and I am enjoying what's included so far, the game has great potential.

My question for today is will we have a view mode sitting inside the cockpit where we get to see the control panels and such any time soon?

If not do you plan on adding such a feature to the game later on down the line?

I'd like to write this, it's on my todo list ( https://github.com/fluffyfreak/pioneer/issues/9 ) but the main points against it are a lack of artists willing/able to do high-poly cockpit views. Either because they don't know how or because they don't have the time.

This is the same reason I think that the Infinity-Universe guys have given because it can be a lot more work.

If I did get round to implementing it, probably sometime later this year, then it would have to be optional on a per-ship basis.

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Yeah, its pretty warm. Half the country is on fire too, but that's fairly normal for this time of year 😛

I've heard you Aussie's like a good BBQ but isn't that going a bit too far? 

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

"Edit:  forget , i've found how delete a repo ."

@robn We backup the master?  :O 

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

@robn We backup the master?  :O 

Every fork on github is a backup. Every clone that people have made on their own computer is a backup too.  🙂

John B

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

In my computer must be half a dozen backups, all running simultaneously.   

French, No problems! 

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

" i  delete this github from my computer"

If you learn to compile the source of Pioneer will enter a new world.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Here's an illustration of an old Alpha of Pioneer showing the sort of mountain landscape I can't seem to find in the latest builds. This was the planet in Alpha Centauri.

All the old terrains are basically still there in one form or another, you can play around with a planet's characteristics by targetting it and using Ctrl+F10 on it. Try changing a planet's Seed to change a lot of the random parts.

To get massive mountains like that IIRC a planet needs highish volcanicity and there is some height scaling with planet radus and mass too.

ReplyQuote
floodfill
(@floodfill)
Crewman Registered

I have a couple of scriping questions. Is it possible to get the quantity of a certain commodity currently in stock in a station via LUA?  Also, is it possible to get a list of the major and minor exports/imports for a system? I know there's system:GetCommodityBasePriceAlterations(), but I was hoping for a specific list of the import/export commodities which can be found on the system information page. Thanks

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

I have a couple of scriping questions. Is it possible to get the quantity of a certain commodity currently in stock in a station via LUA?

No. This is more of an oversight than anything else. Please open a feature request.

Also, is it possible to get a list of the major and minor exports/imports for a system? I know there's system:GetCommodityBasePriceAlterations(), but I was hoping for a specific list of the import/export commodities which can be found on the system information page. Thanks

You can work it out from the values returned by GetCommodityBasePriceAlterations().

• major import: >10
  • minor import: 2..10
  • minor export: -2..-10
  • major export: <-10

ReplyQuote
floodfill
(@floodfill)
Crewman Registered

No. This is more of an oversight than anything else. Please open a feature request.

You can work it out from the values returned by GetCommodityBasePriceAlterations().

Th

Thanks for the help. I'll open that feature request.

ReplyQuote
floodfill
(@floodfill)
Crewman Registered

I notice there are PolitEcon and PolitGovType constants, but I can't find methods which makes use of these constants. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

http://eatenbyagrue.org/f/pioneer/codedoc/files/LuaConstants-cpp.html#Constants.PolitEcon

Thanks

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

PolitGovType is used in custom system and faction setup. PolitEcon isn't used anywhere. Both are very much deprecated, just waiting for a more generalised approach to be written.

ReplyQuote
Asbestosskeleton
(@asbestosskeleton)
Crewman Registered

Hello there. I am new here. New here I am. Am I new here? Yes. However, I am probably in the wrong section!

Awesome game. I was hoping for Frontier 4 - how could it be better than this? I'm hoping that I can contribute music, anything to the game.

Here's a question - why won't Mexico City let me dock? It lets me get 50 metres above and doesn't let me land. Pigs. And the game occasionally crashes for random reasons I know not of.

ReplyQuote
sapog662
(@sapog662)
Master Chief Registered

This is the alpha version. Will be a lot of things: beautiful model, great adventure, and good quality of the game.) The whole world is trying to. The entire planet Earth.)))

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered

PolitEcon whats the idea behind this as far as future development goes

ReplyQuote
Stas
 Stas
(@stas)
Petty Officer Registered

small bug - "rocky planet with no significant atmosphere" - temperature on any orbit and any star - -273C
for example - Alpha Fornacis A b 3,-4,-3

ReplyQuote
lionheart
(@lionheart)
Petty Officer Registered

I spotted the changelog for Alpha 31 states;

"Intro & tombstone can now use SGModels (#1956, #2006)"

Apologies if I'm being a touch slow, but is there an explanation of how to do this? Is it fully accessible yet?

I couldn't find any models already in place and the commit notes didn't seem to specify.

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

I spotted the changelog for Alpha 31 states;

"Intro & tombstone can now use SGModels (#1956, #2006)"

Apologies if I'm being a touch slow, but is there an explanation of how to do this? Is it fully accessible yet?

You can use SGModel, but you can't change the name (yet). "lanner" and "tombstone" are the models that you need to replace.

ReplyQuote
Stas
 Stas
(@stas)
Petty Officer Registered

Pioneer-c339e30 - "Could not find model", "ERROR' on place all LMR model chips?

ReplyQuote
Luomu
(@luomu)
Master Chief Registered

Pioneer-c339e30 - "Could not find model", "ERROR' on place all LMR model chips?

We removed the old model system and all the old models, but did not remove any model-less ship definitions. They will be removed or disabled in next release.

ReplyQuote
Starblade
(@starblade)
Crewman Registered

Quick queston: Does the "Donations" accomplish someting? So far i still have to see something out of them. Also a suggestion, the difference of prices of a same commodity between imports (usually major) and exports (even minor) should be greater. AFAIK there is not much incentive to go on a trade route, since the differences are so small. When we discount fuel and docking charges, there is barely a profit.

Also i have never been attacked on risky mission of taxi or deliever. Not complaining, because fighting with a newtonian engine is very hard and im glad I can play in peace, but is this implemented or have been just lucky? And since the engine is pretty stable what are the future plans for the game? Factions at war?

Ty

ReplyQuote
Page 36 / 52