Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] !! Pioneer Question Time !! - Ask them here

Page 5 / 52

Jameson
(@jameson)
Petty Officer Registered

I would suggest attempting to disable your accelerometer and seeing if that improves things any.

On an unrelated note, I just compiled tomm's current git repo and it segfaulted like crazy. What are the system requirements for this? I'm gonna try s20dan's next to see if it makes a difference. If you guys need any info from me, I'll try to give you what I can, but I'm not that savvy when it comes to linux.

Edit: s20dan's was the same result. Novel. I'm gonna try it in windows.

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

I kinda never thought about disabling it because I never really understood what it was or why it was there and didn't want to break anything. I found the three kernel modules that appear to control it and removed it. Hopefully it hasn't broken something else. I guess I'll find out. Still, ability to unbind the joystick would be nice.

I just built from source and seem to get segfaults when there's a lot happening, like spawning many ships. I didn't know if this was normal or not, being my first run through.

ReplyQuote
Jameson
(@jameson)
Petty Officer Registered

So far you're having more luck than I am, seeing as you've got it running.

Edit: When I actually use a precompiled binary, it does nothing but opens and closes, leaving behind a weird pioneer9.0 executable, which also seems to do nothing. I dunno.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

How about the actual released version, does that play ok?

At this stage there really isn't a lot thats in the source and not in the latest 8.11 version, unless your wanting to check out jaj22's AI additions.

ReplyQuote
Jameson
(@jameson)
Petty Officer Registered

I downloaded 8, extracted everything, and tried it. The window opened, my pointer changed from white to black, thenthe window closed. Same results with 8.1 and 8.11.

For 8.1 and 8.11, all that I need to do is extract the files to the 8 folder and overwrite when prompted, or am I doing that wrong? When I attempted to compile the source manually on ubuntu, I got segmentation faults on both the game itself and the model viewer. When I did it in vc2008 on windows 7, it gave me the error I attached to my previous post.

Could it also be that I don't meet the minimum requirements? This laptop isn't what I'd call 'robust' as it's only an Amd Sempron 3600+ (2.0ghz) with 1.5gb ram and an ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 (integrated) video card. I don't recall seeing any specific system requirements, but this thing is kind of sluggish running FFED3D at times, too.

Edit: I was gonna give it another go, just in case, but the links in the Alpha 8 thread seem to be broken now. I'll try compiling your latest source from github again.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

I take it you have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 re-distributable package installed on the windows pc?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

If you can run FFED3D I would think you can run Pioneer. Everything I have tested it on has worked rather well.

As for the links, the Pioneer site seems to be down at the moment.

ReplyQuote
Jameson
(@jameson)
Petty Officer Registered

I get an application error still. The forum won't let me attach my build log, so it's at http://jameson.pastebin.com/z4YJUFD0

Most of that stuff is all technobabble to me, but I think the actual output starts at line 853

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  
Quote:
0 error(s),

Yeah it seems to build fine. Not sure whats going on with you not being able to run it. Don't suppose theres anything interesting being mentioned in stdout.txt or stderr.txt is there?

ReplyQuote
Jameson
(@jameson)
Petty Officer Registered

It gives me pioneer-msvc-9.0_debug.exe but when I run it, it gives me the error attached to my post at the top of the page. If I debug it from VC2008, then all I get is what you can see in the attached image.

Just to be sure, I'm supposed to be compiling pioneer-msvc-9.0.vcproj, correct?

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Sorry I didn't read your post correctly.

Anything being mentioned in stdout.txt and stderr.txt when you get that error?

ReplyQuote
Jameson
(@jameson)
Petty Officer Registered

stderr.txt reads:

Code:
GL_ARB_point_sprite: No

stdout is blank.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

I think it means graphics not good enough.... ❓

One other thing I can think of for you to try if you haven't already tried it is to go to 'Username/AppData/Local/Pioneer/config.ini'

And try turning shaders off in the config.

ReplyQuote
Jameson
(@jameson)
Petty Officer Registered

I have the pioneer/ folder, but no files inside. I think it didn't even get to that point.

Once I have my desktop set up (lacking a monitor at the moment), I'll give it a shot on there, since it outperforms this laptop in nearly every respect. Thanks for the help, though. At least I know I was doing it right up until this point.

Edit: Just double checked, it's definitely my system. It works fine on my brother's Core2Duo/Radeon 3800 HD. Very pretty.

ReplyQuote
Taquito
(@taquito)
Petty Officer Registered

Can somebody please pinpoint where's the file for the font values? I've been playing with different fonts for the game and I finally found one that looks awesome (space age) but I need to make it smaller. Help me please! 😥

ReplyQuote
hento
(@hento)
Crewman Registered

Don't know if anybody noticed in alpha 8 but the game exits when you try to load a savegame after you have died.

Also an idea for smuggler types - would it be possible to add a 1 or 2 t compartment (or something similar) in the ship which would overlooked by the authorities 😉

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

Taquito wrote:
Can somebody please pinpoint where's the file for the font values? I've been playing with different fonts for the game and I finally found one that looks awesome (space age) but I need to make it smaller. Help me please! 😥

src/glfreetype.cpp. The constructor function FontFace::FontFace() is where the geometry is set up. The simplest place to start to effect size changes would be to modify the values passed to FT_Set_Char_Size(). The FreeType docs explain what the parameters are.

ReplyQuote
Taquito
(@taquito)
Petty Officer Registered

robn wrote:
Taquito wrote:

src/glfreetype.cpp. The constructor function FontFace::FontFace() is where the geometry is set up. The simplest place to start to effect size changes would be to modify the values passed to FT_Set_Char_Size(). The FreeType docs explain what the parameters are.

Thanks rbn ^^. Right now I'm using Monkirta pursuit font and it does fit quite well in the game and looks better. Can I have another question rbn? I found a nice music ogg file that I would like to implement in the game. Do you know where should I place the file or which file should I replace in order to make it work? Thank you. 😉

ReplyQuote
Bugbear
(@bugbear)
Senior Chief Registered

A couple of suggestions / minor gripes...

When visiting the bulletin board looking for package delivery missions, it can get a bit tiresome clicking on the ad, then clicking on the "request due date" button to find out when the delivery is due. At the risk of hitting a nerve with regards to changing original Frontier behaviour, would it be desirable to make the vetting of package delivery requests a little less of a grind?

Another minor 'nice to have' - a sort button on the Missions page. When you've done a couple of dozen missions, you'll find yourself constantly scrolling down to the bottom of the list to see the active missions. It would be nice to sort this page by due date, active, basically any of the fields on the page.

Cheers

ReplyQuote
memnoch
(@memnoch)
Petty Officer Registered

I think what you are getting at, with regards to the BBS, is the same thing going on in MMOs and their mission descriptions.

There is usually several paragraphs of text explaining the quest/mission and other things and 99% of people click right through ignoring the lot.

However there are those who enjoy the lore and backstory.

If you reduce the BBS to a list of "Click here for great rewards!" items we may be in danger of losing part of the "soul" of the game. Certainly later missions for the military should not be an open advert to bomb some installation somewhere for 2000 credits.

Perhaps it would be okay to simplify the more innocent ones. I just feel it may be a slippery slope to appease the lazy, ADD crowd! 😉

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

that would look like this

Code:

-- Danger should be from 0 to 1. zero means nothing bad happens. greater than
-- zero means spawn an enemy ship of that 'power' to kill you
local delivery_flavours = {
{
adtext = "GOING TO the %1 system? Money paid for delivery of a small package.",
introtext = "Hi, I'm %1. I'll pay you %2 if you will deliver a small package until %7 to %3 in the %4 (%5, %6) system.",
whysomuchdoshtext = "When a friend visited me she left behind some clothes and antique paper books. I'd like to have them returned to her.",
successmsg = "Thank you for the delivery. You have been paid in full.",
failuremsg = "Jesus wept, you took forever over that delivery. I'm not willing to pay you.",
danger = 0,
time = 3,
money = .5,
}, {
adtext = "WANTED. Delivery of a package to the %1 system.",
introtext = "Hello. I'm %1. I'm willing to pay %2 for a ship to carry a package until %7 to %3 in the %4 (%5, %6) system.",
whysomuchdoshtext = "It is nothing special.",
successmsg = "The package has been received and you have been paid in full.",
failuremsg = "I'm frustrated by the late delivery of my package, and I refuse to pay you.",
danger = 0,
time = 1,
money = 1,
}, {
adtext = "URGENT. Fast ship needed to deliver a package to the %1 system.",
introtext = "Hello. I'm %1. I'm willing to pay %2 for a ship to carry a package until %7 to %3 in the %4 (%5, %6) system.",
whysomuchdoshtext = "It is a research proposal and must be delivered by the deadline or we may not get funding.",
successmsg = "You have been paid in full for the delivery. Thank you.",
failuremsg = "I was quite clear about the deadline and am very disappointed by the late delivery. You will not be paid.",
danger = 0,
time = .75,
money = 1.1,
}, {
adtext = "DELIVERY. Documents to the %1 system. %2 to an experienced pilot.",
whysomuchdoshtext = "Some extremely sensitive documents have fallen into my hands, and I have reason to believe that the leak has been traced to me.",
successmsg = "Your timely and discrete service is much appreciated. You have been paid in full.",
failuremsg = "Useless! I will never depend on you again! Needless to say, you will not be paid for this.",
danger = .5,
time = 0.75,
money = 2.5,
}
}

--[[
for i = 0,10 do
local sys = StarSystem:new(i,2,0)
print('Looking near ' .. sys:GetSectorX() .. '/' .. sys:GetSectorY() .. '/' .. sys:GetSystemNum())
print(sys:GetSystemName())
print(sys:GetSystemShortDescription())
local sport = sys:GetRandomStarportNearButNotIn()
if sport then
print(sport:GetBodyName() .. ' in the ' .. sport:GetSystemName() .. ' system')
else
print("No suitable nearby space station found.")
end
end
--]]

Module:new {
__name = 'DeliverPackage',

Init = function(self)
self:EventListen("onCreateBB")
self:EventListen("onUpdateBB")
self:EventListen("onEnterSystem")
self:EventListen("onPlayerDock")
self.ads = {}
self.missions = {}
end,

GetPlayerMissions = function(self)
return self.missions
end,

_TryAddAdvert = function(self, station)
local gender = Pi.rand:Int(0,1) == 1
local flavour = Pi.rand:Int(1, #delivery_flavours)
ad = {
flavour = flavour,
personGender = gender,
client = Pi.rand:PersonName(gender),
reward = Pi.rand:Real(200, 1000) * delivery_flavours[flavour].money,
due = Pi.GetGameTime() + Pi.rand:Real(0, delivery_flavours[flavour].time * 60*60*24*31),
bb = station,
dest = Pi.GetCurrentSystem():GetRandomStarportNearButNotIn(),
id = #self.ads+1
}
-- if we found a destination
if ad.dest ~= nil then
table.insert(self.ads, ad)
local addescription = _(delivery_flavours[ad.flavour].adtext, {
ad.dest:GetSystemName(),
format_money(ad.reward) } )
station:SpaceStationAddAdvert(self.__name, #self.ads, addescription)
end
end,

onCreateBB = function(self, args)
local station = args[1]
for i = 1,10 do --Pi.rand:Int(0, 5) do
selfGDN_TryAddAdvert(station)
end
end,

onEnterSystem = function(self)
for k,mission in pairs(self.missions) do
if mission.status == 'active' and
mission.dest:GetSystem() == Pi:GetCurrentSystem() then

local danger = delivery_flavours[mission.flavour].danger
if danger > 0 then
--ship, e = Pi.SpawnShip(Pi.GetGameTime()+60, "Ladybird Starfighter")
ship, e = Pi.SpawnRandomShip(Pi.GetGameTime(), danger, 20, 100)
if e == nil then
ship:ShipAIDoKill(Pi.GetPlayer());
Pi.ImportantMessage(ship:GetLabel(), _("You're going to regret dealing with %1!", {mission.client}))
end
end
end
end
end,

onPlayerDock = function(self)
local station = Pi.GetPlayer()GetSBody()
print('player docked with ' .. station:GetBodyName())
if mission.status == 'active' then
if mission.dest == station then
if Pi.GetGameTime() > mission.due then
Pi.ImportantMessage(mission.client, delivery_flavours[mission.flavour].failuremsg)
mission.status = 'failed'
else
Pi.ImportantMessage(mission.client, delivery_flavours[mission.flavour].successmsg)
Pi.GetPlayer():AddMoney(mission.reward)
mission.status = 'completed'
end
elseif Pi.GetGameTime() > mission.due then
end
end
end
end,

onUpdateBB = function(self, args)
local station = args[1]
for k,ad in pairs(self.ads) do
if (ad.bb == station) and (ad.due < Pi.GetGameTime() + 60*60*24*1) then
self.ads[k] = nil
ad.bb:SpaceStationRemoveAdvert(self.__name, ad.id)
end
end
if Pi.rand:Int(0,12*60*60) < 60*60 then -- roughly once every twelve hours
end
end,

onChatBB = function(self, dialog, optionClicked)
local ad = self.ads[dialog]
dialog:Clear()
if optionClicked == -1 then
dialog:Close()
return
elseif optionClicked == 0 then
dialog:SetMessage(_(delivery_flavours[ad.flavour].introtext, {
ad.client, format_money(ad.reward), ad.dest:GetBodyName(), ad.dest:GetSystemName(), ad.dest:GetSectorX(), ad.dest:GetSectorY(), Date.Format(ad.due) }))
elseif optionClicked == 1 then
dialog:SetMessage(delivery_flavours[ad.flavour].whysomuchdoshtext)
--[[
elseif optionClicked == 2 then
dialog:SetMessage(_('It must be delivered by %1', { Date.Format(ad.due) }))
--]]
elseif optionClicked == 3 then
dialog:RemoveAdvertOnClose()
self.ads[ad.id] = nil
ad.description = _("Deliver a package to %1 in the %2 system (%3, %4).",
{ ad.dest:GetBodyName(), ad.dest:GetSystemName(), ad.dest:GetSectorX(), ad.dest:GetSectorY() })
ad.status = "active"
table.insert(self.missions, ad)
dialog:SetMessage("Excellent.")
dialog:AddOption("Hang up.", -1)
return
end
dialog:AddOption("Why so much money?", 1);
dialog:AddOption("Could you repeat the original request?", 0);
--dialog:AddOption("How soon must it be delivered?", 2);
dialog:AddOption("Ok, agreed.", 3);
dialog:AddOption("Hang up.", -1);
end,
}

this is how i use it

Code:
-- Danger should be from 0 to 1. zero means nothing bad happens. greater than
-- zero means spawn an enemy ship of that 'power' to kill you
local delivery_flavours = {
{
adtext = "GOING TO the %1 system? Money paid for delivery of a small package.",
introtext = "Hi, I'm %1. I'll pay you %2 if you will deliver a small package until %5 to %3 in the %4 system.",
howtogettheretext_0 = "O.K., i will take a look, wait...",
howtogettheretext_1 = "Oh, excuse me Sir, i forgot, %1 in the %2 system has %3, %4 as coordinates. live long and prosperous, Sir",
whysomuchdoshtext = "When a friend visited me she left behind some clothes and antique paper books. I'd like to have them returned to her.",
successmsg = "Thank you for the delivery. You have been paid in full.",
failuremsg = "Jesus wept, you took forever over that delivery. I'm not willing to pay you.",
danger = 0,
time = 3,
money = .5,
}, {
adtext = "WANTED. Delivery of a package to the %1 system.",
introtext = "Hello. I'm %1. I'm willing to pay %2 for a ship to carry a package until %5 to %3 in the %4 system.",
whysomuchdoshtext = "It is nothing special.",
howtogettheretext_0 = "I thought in your Spaceship?.",
howtogettheretext_1 = "Of course i can tell you, %1 in the %2 system has %3, %4 as coordinates, have a nice trip.",
successmsg = "The package has been received and you have been paid in full.",
failuremsg = "I'm frustrated by the late delivery of my package, and I refuse to pay you.",
danger = 0,
time = 1,
money = 1,
}, {
adtext = "URGENT. Fast ship needed to deliver a package to the %1 system.",
introtext = "Hello. I'm %1. I'm willing to pay %2 for a ship to carry a package until %5 to %3 in the %4 system.",
whysomuchdoshtext = "It is a research proposal and must be delivered by the deadline or we may not get funding.",
howtogettheretext_0 = "What do i know? are YOU the Pilot or am I?",
howtogettheretext_1 = "%1 in the %2 System, is located %3, %4. I thought you know that?",
successmsg = "You have been paid in full for the delivery. Thank you.",
failuremsg = "I was quite clear about the deadline and am very disappointed by the late delivery. You will not be paid.",
danger = .5,
time = .75,
money = 1.5,
}, {
adtext = "DELIVERY. Documents to the %1 system. %2 to an experienced pilot.",
introtext = "Hello. I'm %1. I'm willing to pay %2 for a ship to carry a package to until %5 %3 in the %4 system.",
whysomuchdoshtext = "Some extremely sensitive documents have fallen into my hands, and I have reason to believe that the leak has been traced to me.",
howtogettheretext_0 = "-",
howtogettheretext_1 = "Are you shure that you are the right Pilot for this Delivery? %2 is located %3, %4.",
successmsg = "Your timely and discrete service is much appreciated. You have been paid in full.",
failuremsg = "Useless! I will never depend on you again! Needless to say, you will not be paid for this.",
danger = 1,
time = 1,
money = 2.5,
}
}

--[[
for i = 0,10 do
local sys = StarSystem:new(i,2,0)
print('Looking near ' .. sys:GetSectorX() .. '/' .. sys:GetSectorY() .. '/' .. sys:GetSystemNum())
print(sys:GetSystemName())
print(sys:GetSystemShortDescription())
local sport = sys:GetRandomStarportNearButNotIn()
if sport then
print(sport:GetBodyName() .. ' in the ' .. sport:GetSystemName() .. ' system')
else
print("No suitable nearby space station found.")
end
end
--]]

Module:new {
__name = 'DeliverPackage',

Init = function(self)
self:EventListen("onCreateBB")
self:EventListen("onUpdateBB")
self:EventListen("onEnterSystem")
self:EventListen("onPlayerDock")
self.ads = {}
self.missions = {}
end,

GetPlayerMissions = function(self)
return self.missions
end,

_TryAddAdvert = function(self, station)
local gender = Pi.rand:Int(0,1) == 1
local flavour = Pi.rand:Int(1, #delivery_flavours)
ad = {
flavour = flavour,
personGender = gender,
client = Pi.rand:PersonName(gender),
reward = Pi.rand:Real(200, 1000) * delivery_flavours[flavour].money,
due = Pi.GetGameTime() + Pi.rand:Real(0, delivery_flavours[flavour].time * 60*60*24*31),
bb = station,
dest = Pi.GetCurrentSystem():GetRandomStarportNearButNotIn(),
id = #self.ads+1
}
-- if we found a destination
if ad.dest ~= nil then
table.insert(self.ads, ad)
local addescription = _(delivery_flavours[ad.flavour].adtext, {
ad.dest:GetSystemName(),
format_money(ad.reward) } )
station:SpaceStationAddAdvert(self.__name, #self.ads, addescription)
end
end,

onCreateBB = function(self, args)
local station = args[1]
for i = 1,10 do --Pi.rand:Int(0, 5) do
end
end,

onEnterSystem = function(self)
if mission.status == 'active' and
mission.dest:GetSystem() == Pi:GetCurrentSystem() then

local danger = delivery_flavours[mission.flavour].danger
if danger > 0 then
--ship, e = Pi.SpawnShip(Pi.GetGameTime()+60, "Ladybird Starfighter")
ship, e = Pi.SpawnRandomShip(Pi.GetGameTime(), danger, 20, 100)
if e == nil then
ship:ShipAIDoKill(Pi.GetPlayer());
Pi.ImportantMessage(ship:GetLabel(), _("You're going to regret dealing with %1!", {mission.client}))
end
end
end
end
end,

onPlayerDock = function(self)
local station = Pi.GetPlayer()GetSBody()
print('player docked with ' .. station:GetBodyName())
if mission.status == 'active' then
if mission.dest == station then
if Pi.GetGameTime() > mission.due then
Pi.ImportantMessage(mission.client, delivery_flavours[mission.flavour].failuremsg)
-- erase the mission
self.missions[k] = nil
else
Pi.ImportantMessage(mission.client, delivery_flavours[mission.flavour].successmsg)
Pi.GetPlayer():AddMoney(mission.reward)
mission.status = 'completed'
-- erase the mission
self.missions[k] = nil
end
elseif Pi.GetGameTime() > mission.due then
-- erase the mission
self.missions[k] = nil
end
end
end
end,

onUpdateBB = function(self, args)
local station = args[1]
for k,ad in pairs(self.ads) do
if (ad.bb == station) and (ad.due < Pi.GetGameTime() + 60*60*24*1) then
self.ads[k] = nil
ad.bb:SpaceStationRemoveAdvert(self.__name, ad.id)
end
--self.missions[k] = nil
end
if Pi.rand:Int(0,12*60*60) < 60*60 then -- roughly once every twelve hours
end
end,

onChatBB = function(self, dialog, optionClicked)
local ad = self.ads[dialog]
dialog:Clear()
if optionClicked == -1 then
dialog:Close()
return
elseif optionClicked == 0 then
dialog:SetMessage(_(delivery_flavours[ad.flavour].introtext, {
ad.client, format_money(ad.reward), ad.dest:GetBodyName(), ad.dest:GetSystemName(), Date.Format(ad.due) }))
elseif optionClicked == 1 then
dialog:SetMessage(delivery_flavours[ad.flavour].whysomuchdoshtext)
--[[
elseif optionClicked == 2 then
dialog:SetMessage(_('It must be delivered by %1', { Date.Format(ad.due) }))
--]]
elseif optionClicked == 3 then
local answ_1 = math.fmod((ad.dest:GetSystemLawlessness()),1)
if answ_1 > .15 then -- old value = .125
dialog:SetMessage(delivery_flavours[ad.flavour].howtogettheretext_0)
else
dialog:SetMessage(_(delivery_flavours[ad.flavour].howtogettheretext_1, {
ad.dest:GetBodyName(), ad.dest:GetSystemName(), ad.dest:GetSectorX(), ad.dest:GetSectorY() }))
end
elseif optionClicked == 4 then
dialog:RemoveAdvertOnClose()
self.ads[ad.id] = nil
local answ_1 = math.fmod((ad.dest:GetSystemLawlessness()),1)
if answ_1 > .15 then
ad.description = (_("Deliver a package to %1 in the %2 system.",
{ ad.dest:GetBodyName(), ad.dest:GetSystemName() }))
else
ad.description = (_("Deliver a package to %1 in the %2 system (%3, %4).",
{ ad.dest:GetBodyName(), ad.dest:GetSystemName(), ad.dest:GetSectorX(), ad.dest:GetSectorY() }))
end
ad.status = "active"
table.insert(self.missions, ad)
dialog:SetMessage("Excellent.")
dialog:AddOption("Hang up.", -1)
return
end
dialog:AddOption("Why so much money?", 1);
dialog:AddOption("Could you repeat the original request?", 0);
--dialog:AddOption("How soon must it be delivered?", 2);
dialog:AddOption("How do i get there?", 3);
dialog:AddOption("Ok, agreed.", 4);
dialog:AddOption("Hang up.", -1);
end,
}

it adds a "how do i get there" while not all will tell you the coordinates (it depends on target system lawlessness, as soon as we have a character value this could be changed).

removes the "useless" - howsoon.

deletes all finished missions from the roster (you could optionally only erase succeeded).

increases danger somewhat.

ReplyQuote
Jameson
(@jameson)
Petty Officer Registered

Just a note, I'm on a slightly more upgraded system (Core2duo 1.73ghz, radeon mobility x1400, 2gb ram) and I still have the same problem with the game opening, then immediately closing with 8, 8.1, and the 8.11 fix.

stdout.txt reads:

Code:
SDL_GetVideoInfo says 32 bpp
GLSL shaders on.

and stderr reads

Code:
GL_ARB_point_sprite: No

Edit: Interestingly, if I rename the shaders folder, I actually can see the errors, which makes me think it might be related to them. I'll have to mess with this further.

Just for curiosity's sake, is there any chance of a D3D version in the works? I'm entirely sure it's somehow related to my openGL.

ReplyQuote
Necalli
(@necalli)
Crewman Registered

When making in-game screenshots I keep getting something like this: [hsimg] [/hsimg]

Is there a problem in my graphics card? I have GF 7300 with latest drivers and DirectX 9.0c.

ReplyQuote
Bugbear
(@bugbear)
Senior Chief Registered

I know I've raised this before but with the release of alpha 9 I thought I'd give it another try.

Disclaimer up front. I'm a bit of a masochist. The first thing I do with a new game is sell my autopilot - if anyone's going to be flying my ship it's going to be me. And yes, I like to do my own in flight turnaround velocity calculations...

But this puts me i a bit of a dilemma. Is there a trick when docking with a torus station? I have no problem landing manually planetside but these space stations tend to be (sometimes) hit and (mostly) miss.

Occasionally I'm able to dock manually but most of the time I find myself flying through the blue glow in the docking corridor, through the yellow glow at the back and straight into the wall.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a trick or is this a bug?

Cheers all!

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

happens sometimes, but when it happens, the autopilot can't handle that to.

but to be shure you wasn't to fast (happens often), putter straight backwards if the speed is ok and docking is possible, docking sequence will be released even then.

btw, the blue glow has no meaning, the trigger is on very front of the tunnel.

you didn't even have to lower the undercarriage to dock at a orbital spacestation (it doesn't matter).

general advice, since the spacestations rotate along their y axis it's best to position your ship proper in front of the gate, keep your accel. crosseye on the centre of the station and it should be no problem to dock.

under certain circumstances you spin around the station especially when you have to "hunt" the station, get some distance to the station, about 10'000km and reapproach.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Don't forget to request permission also.... its pretty easy to forget with this station as it has no doors 🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 52