Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] !! Pioneer Question Time !! - Ask them here

Page 50 / 52

fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

That's ok but be aware that now everything 3D will use the nVidia 😉

That might be what you want, and it's how my laptop is setup too, but it can eat your battery life much faster.

If anyone know's of a way to actually create a profile with the nVidia stuff so that it will actually use it for Pioneer without this change feel free to speak up 'cos I can't get it to work 🙁

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered

Hello all, trying to open the newest version but getting some kind of error opengl.text funk. I have two older versions saved in my C directory. Could this be the issue?

Regards,

Mike.

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

Yeah, there are some ships in the works, but it's slooooow right now.

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered

Hello all, trying to open the newest version but getting some kind of error opengl.text funk. I have two older versions saved in my C directory. Could this be the issue?

Regards,

Mike.

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Well it should always create an "opengl.txt" file, however we create those so that when there's an error you can paste that error here, or the whole file to somewhere like pastebin.com, so that we can help you fix it.

Without the error we can't really help.

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

Hi @Biscuits,

Sorry, I missed your post last time.

I don't think that older versions are giving you problem. An older mod might do it, but that won't give you openGL errors if I'm right. (mind you, I'm not a coder).

Could you elaborate this a bit more? Which version exactly, what version of Windows (guessing from you mentioning C:), what GPU?

I'm guessing, you have an older GPU. Those, especially the ones from Intel have problems running Pioneer. Sometimes upgrading the drivers to the newest version fixes it. But your GPU has to support openGL 3.1 to run Pioneer.

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered

Hello,

Thank-you Fluffy and Noz, no not really, its a brand new Asus X553M (750Gb, Windows-8, RAM=4Gb, Intel Bay Trail M dual core 2830, 2.43 Ghz). Its the latest version im trying to run, the April and earlier versions work fine. Have I missed something? I deleted the current version as it wouldn't work, I will try again with it and get that report you speak of Fluffy.

Warm regards

Mike.

ReplyQuote
BanthaMan
(@banthaman)
Crewman Registered

Found Pioneer on github and since I'm interested in one day helping development I started playing the game today 🙂

Is there a way to view a map of cities on a planet? 

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Nope, there's usually only a few on each planet at the moment anyway, between 0 and 4 usually.

You can see how many stations (=cities) and planet has from the system view (F2 then ... um, F5/F6 I forget!) and can you then click on a planet.

There's also a dev forum where we get a bit more techy about things 🙂 feel free to join in, always happy to help people get setup and stuck into the code.

ReplyQuote
BanthaMan
(@banthaman)
Crewman Registered

Thanks, I've signed up there.

Another question, I often run out of fuel (poor planning on my part) and I drift along with what appears to be no hope, is there anything I'm missing or is my position that happens there truly hopeless? 

And another, is there any way to view my speeds for each individual dimension? 

EDIT: Forgot the original question I had when I posted 

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

If you have some hydrogen in your hold, you can refill midflight. Apart from that, don't be too hopefull, except if you are happen to be on a course into a gas giant's atmosphere and happen to have a fuel scoop on your ship. 🙂

ReplyQuote
BanthaMan
(@banthaman)
Crewman Registered

If you have some hydrogen in your hold, you can refill midflight. Apart from that, don't be too hopefull, except if you are happen to be on a course into a gas giant's atmosphere and happen to have a fuel scoop on your ship. 🙂

Thank you 😀

This is what I need, I normally have a few tons of hydrogen for hyperspace jumps. (Update, this just saved me so more thanks)

EDIT: Yet another question (hopefully the last :P)

Is there any way to go to view the location with certain coordinates in the map? I'm attempting to get to a system which has a far from unique name (at least 3 systems named "Edwa" out there).

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

You can enter the coordinates into the search field and it will go to that sector.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Well, if you're going to Lucas's Folly it's at Edwa A, 4,-1,-3. I see what you mean. If you have a mission there the coordinates should have been provided. I think if you scroll around before you search you'll get the nearest Edwa to the position at which you're looking.

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

It seemed to me that scrolling around doesn't make a difference. (at least it didn't the last time I tried)

ReplyQuote
BanthaMan
(@banthaman)
Crewman Registered

Entering coordinates worked and is very helpful.

And another question, is it the white or the green diamond that shows my direction?

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

The white shows it relative to the reference frame, the green shows it relative to the target.

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered

Hello,

@ Fluffyfreak and Noz, I just wanted to thank you for trying to help me with my earlier problem, sorry for my late response. With the new version everything works grand 'n' lovely again. 

Many thanks for all your development efforts and support (again!), loving the new style and looking forward to the (probably) upcoming awesome cockpit!

Lonley Mike. (only in space of course)  😎

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

Thanks 🙂 Yeah, the new cockpit is coming, but very slowly until summer.

Glad the game's working for you again.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

download link???

where??

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

At the top of the forum page there's links to both the games homepage, which always has a download link to the latest version, and a link to the download page which has all of the versions available.

ReplyQuote
sidav
(@sidav)
Crewman Registered

Sorry if it's wrong place to ask (but I didn't found anything else). Is there any way to contact Tom Morton? I wrote him an email to his address from his glfrontier website, but it looks like he didn't receive my message. I also tried some email addresses from readme files, but they're completely dead (no message delivery). 

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

You could try messaging him on this forum as he's here as Tomm but it says he hasn't logged in since April.

Maybe ask on the IRC channel as JohnJ hangs out on there frequently and might be in contact with him.

ReplyQuote
StanPancakes
(@stanpancakes)
Petty Officer Registered

Question: what is up with people in 33rd century, or how fast can you fly in Pioneer's universe? 😆

0412 4 Aug 3200, Walls Citatel, Syke's Rock, Canaack C [5, -1, 2]:

"Nice to meet you. I'm Benoit Boyle and I'm willing to pay $1,109.11 for someone with a ship to help me move my belongings to George Orbiter. No rush, they are just some leftovers from moving house. It must be delivered by 1440 9 Aug 3200."

"My name is Allistair Bennet and I need this item delivered to a friend at George Orbiter pronto, I'll pay you $1,601.86 credits if you get it there by 0845 10 Aug 3200."

"My name is Simon Fitzpatrick and I need this item delivered to a friend at George Orbiter pronto, I'll pay you $1,604.84 credits if you get it there by 1205 10 Aug 3200."

---

"Nice to meet you. I'm Michele Haley and I work for the George Orbiter administration. We pay $2,511.39 to someone who is able to move Greenhouses to George Orbiter. There are 7t and they must necessarily be delivered by 1520 10 Sep 3204."

---

To: Benoit Boyle, Allistair Bennet, Simon Fitzpatrick

CC: Michele Haley

Subject: Grand Astronomy Forum

Dear sirs,

Included with this message are IDs for receiving your personal keyprints for the next Grand Astronomy Forum which will take place here at Walls Citadel from 0816 9 Aug 3200 to 1453 19 Aug 3200. Included in the program are space flight seminars and master classes, free courses on celestial mechanics, meetings with contemporary geniuses in astrophysics, premieres of three new grand space operas and much much more! As a special event, Michele Haley from George Orbiter administration will give talks about the Canaack star system, in which you will undoubtedly learn that there are only about 210334610000000 meters (or 1406AU) from Walls Citadel to George Orbiter.

Your attendance has been encouraged by Walls Citadel administration, Walls Citadel and George Orbiter psychiatry wards and your respective employers. Of course, attending is your own personal choice (conditions apply, please contact your respective job supervisors).

The keyprints are provided free of charge courtesy of George Orbiter administration. Please, attend, and have fun!

Best Regards,

A. Mayer, enterpreneur, George Orbiter Logistics dept. liaison at Walls Citadel, Syke's Rock, Canaack C

P.S. If you wish to attend with family, please contact Michele Haley about receiving additional keyprints.

Attachments:

BB1406AUWCGOYSDA, personal genetic authorization key included

AB1406AUWCGOYSDA, personal genetic authorization key included

SF1406AUWCGOYSDA, personal genetic authorization key included

---

(Antonio Mayer is just a name the RNG gave to my commander, at first I forgot to change it, now I'm just rolling with it).

ReplyQuote
Philothing
(@philothing)
Crewman Registered

Hello. I'm a newbie to the site and I've only just completed my maiden flight on Pioneer.

Flew to Gates spaceport with no problem. Picked up a job transporting to Moscow, but crashed trying to land.

Can you tell me how to land the bloomin' thing? 

I've printed off the basic manual from Wiki but it doesn't go into the niceties of a safe landing.

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Page 50 / 52