Notifications
Clear all

Pioneer sticky?

RedRiver
(@redriver)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

how come there's no sticky on top of this forum to introduce newcomers to Pioneer with all the information and links and pics and stuff?

Taquito
(@taquito)
Petty Officer Registered

I was wondering the exact same thing. We need it for the Pioneer 8 thread. Jamies console icons thread and potsmoke's ship list and modeling tutorial. Or maybe make a thread solely to post mods for the game.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

I've thought about that before, but never bothered to ask Darkone as the forum wasn't particularly active, but this year it seems a bomb went off, and the forums were invaded 🙂 So yeah we should see about getting some stickies. Darkone is the man to talk to about that, as these are his forums.

ReplyQuote
presto
(@presto)
Crewman Registered

In agreement. A sticky with hellos, set up tips and what not would be handy.

Just joined up as I've been following the Pioneer development closely but only now got round to trying out the Alpha. It looks stunning! Doubt I'll be able to contribute much as I don't know anything about modelling, coding or the like (although if someone wants to point me in the direction of where to begin on modelling, I could always try learning it 🙂 ) but I'll try and give various feedback or ideas.

On that note... are you going to recreate the super huge cargo bay bug when you jettison just under the rubbish icon? 😉

Being able to see the galaxy in a Cobra MK3 with a Class 8 hyperdrive was always a nice way of doing it.

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered

alpha 8 stick or put out alpha 9 maybe

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

Start a new thread with newb info in it, then ask for it to be stickied.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

If someone puts a thread together I will sticky it. I usually only sticky threads when people ask me too. I know soon I will have the ssc wiki up and people can make a nice informative area for Pioneer there as well.

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered

a introduction maybe even a wiki later on might be a good idea

ReplyQuote
smodge
(@smodge)
Crewman Registered

A how to guide for complete noobs would be a good start for a sticky . I like the concept of this game but without being able to achieve much due to lack of documentation i found myself getting bored.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

that might be because a alpha is a bit early for a full documentation.

you have been warned...

but we do our best to make it more fun to play 😉

but, i will give that a try and document some stuff with little vids, so "noobes" can get common with the controls in pioneer.

as a rough guide you can take Frontier and it's manual, since the basic stuff is the same.

systems, ship-specs, prices, do vary but that didn't influences gameplay.

main tasks in pioneer (so far):

- trading, (get rich! )

- pick up some deliveries,

- kill someone, 👿

- advance in ranking by shooting a lot of ships,

- try to get all ships without using CTRL-M (before next alpha release 😈 )

- explore systems for fun

not to much to do, i know.

but you can also,

- create some new missions

- make some new models

- play around with the predefinied systems

ReplyQuote