Notifications
Clear all

Pioneer turns my laptops screen black

topcat5665
(@topcat5665)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

When I try to run Pioneer on my macbook late 2007 running 32 bit windows 7 home premium, once it has loaded the whole screen goes completely. On my Dell Dimension C521 it works fine, so I don't really know why it won't work on my macbook.

Brianetta
(@brianetta)
Commander Registered

Logged as issue 67 on the Github issue tracker. This is probably a hardware compatibility issue. What graphics hardware does your Macbook use? Are you running up to date signed drivers?

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

topcat5665 wrote:
When I try to run Pioneer on my macbook late 2007 running 32 bit windows 7 home premium, once it has loaded the whole screen goes completely. On my Dell Dimension C521 it works fine, so I don't really know why it won't work on my macbook.

On a side note, when alpha 10 is released (soooooon) there should be a native port so you can run pioneer within MacOSX. 🙂

ReplyQuote
topcat5665
(@topcat5665)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
Philbywhizz wrote:
topcat5665 wrote:

On a side note, when alpha 10 is released (soooooon) there should be a native port so you can run pioneer within MacOSX. 🙂

Thats good, I don't like booting into windows 😀

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

topcat5665 wrote:

Alpha10 has now been released with a native OSX port. You should give it a go.. I'd be interested in some feedback for it.

Cheers,

Phil.

ReplyQuote
topcat5665
(@topcat5665)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
Philbywhizz wrote:
topcat5665 wrote:

Alpha10 has now been released with a native OSX port. You should give it a go.. I'd be interested in some feedback for it.

Cheers,

Phil.

I am downloading it now 😀

ReplyQuote
topcat5665
(@topcat5665)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
Philbywhizz wrote:
topcat5665 wrote:

Cheers,

Phil.

Odd, it seems that whenever I try and enter a star port, it comes up with errors, it said something about a loop... But docking with planets is fine.

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

topcat5665 wrote:
Odd, it seems that whenever I try and enter a star port, it comes up with errors, it said something about a loop... But docking with planets is fine.

If you can post the exact text of the error it will help a lot.

ReplyQuote
topcat5665
(@topcat5665)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
robn wrote:
topcat5665 wrote:

If you can post the exact text of the error it will help a lot.

Its not just starports, its randomly when I enter a starport or spaceport. I often get an error that looks like a certain file is missing, as it gives a system path. My most recent error with one of my saves is:

Can' query game state when game is not started.

A side note:

I love they way the earth looks now, it looks like the atmosphere has been greatly improved.

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

topcat5665 wrote:

That's a script error. There should be a line or two before that that in particular will have a "SomeFile.lua:123" reference. That's what I need. Also if you can reproduce it reliably from one of the start points, please provide steps. This looks like it should be a simple error to track down, though I'm not sure why it hasn't been seen before.

ReplyQuote
topcat5665
(@topcat5665)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
robn wrote:
topcat5665 wrote:

That's a script error. There should be a line or two before that that in particular will have a "SomeFile.lua:123" reference. That's what I need. Also if you can reproduce it reliably from one of the start points, please provide steps. This looks like it should be a simple error to track down, though I'm not sure why it hasn't been seen before.

Maybe it is because not many people use OSX...

Anyway, I will note down the error now.

Also, guided missiles cause the game to crash.

ReplyQuote
topcat5665
(@topcat5665)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
robn wrote:
topcat5665 wrote:

Here is the save error:

Error: data/modules/deliverpackage.lua Can't query game state when game is not started

Stack traceback:

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

topcat5665 wrote:

I'm only aware of one person other than you, and that's Philbywhizz, who did the port, and he hasn't seen these problems either.

Quote:

The only missile-related crash we're currently aware of is issue #59. Does it seem like that? Otherwise, can you please describe the steps to repeat it?

ReplyQuote
topcat5665
(@topcat5665)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
robn wrote:
topcat5665 wrote:

I'm only aware of one person other than you, and that's Philbywhizz, who did the port, and he hasn't seen these problems either.

Quote:

The only missile-related crash we're currently aware of is issue #59. Does it seem like that? Otherwise, can you please describe the steps to repeat it?

When I go to the missile section and click on the missile icon that fires the missile, it will instantly crash pioneer. I don't get an error report apart from the apple one. And I am on a macbook running 10.6 snow leopard with an intel GMA X3100 graphics card (its not that bad!) and 1GB of ram.

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

topcat5665 wrote:
When I go to the missile section and click on the missile icon that fires the missile, it will instantly crash pioneer. I don't get an error report apart from the apple one.

That sounds like #59. Thanks for confirming. I'll be sure to take a look at it this week.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

LUA scripting error aside, I'm pleased to see another osx user that has been able to run pioneer successfully. 🙂

ReplyQuote