Notifications
Clear all

Player owned and expanded - setup sapce stations

ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered
Topic starter  

Think of it as a base of operations, a deep space territorial control thingy magigy

Take the player buildable and constructible space stations from x3 and put em into pioneer ( probably not for a while but down the track) id like to go really deep space and setup a small empire maybe expand it have things attack it trade and build up infurstructure

Feel free to discuss for creative and ideas purposes

mathee
(@mathee)
Senior Chief Registered

Dude, Egosoft consists of about 30 full-time developers. They earn money by coding the whole damn day. It took these guys 3 years to make X3. So, we all know now what you'd like to see in the game, that is fine and would be fun, for sure. However, there is no sense in bringing up this topic again and again since this is way too early and there are not enough ressources to code such a thing. Unfortunately i don't know how to code and apparently you neither, so we should just let our guys do their job. It is likely that they are spending too much of their worthy free-time on this projekt anyways.

So, no offense, just my thought on that.

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered
Topic starter  
mathee wrote:
Dude, Egosoft consists of about 30 full-time developers. They earn money by coding the whole damn day. It took these guys 3 years to make X3. So, we all know now what you'd like to see in the game, that is fine and would be fun, for sure. However, there is no sense in bringing up this topic again and again since this is way too early and there are not enough ressources to code such a thing. Unfortunately i don't know how to code and apparently you neither, so we should just let our guys do their job. It is likely that they are spending too much of their worthy free-time on this projekt anyways.

So, no offense, just my thought on that.

Suggestion only youre entitled to youre view and i disagree. 1 man open source developers have put similiar ideas into game. it was for discussion purposes only are u seeking to squash and prevent any discussion if so try the trolling section

It has been brought up once and only for discussion ( if no one goes with it there can still be a discussion about how such a feature might work down the track) We are letting them get their job done i dont see any of the devs saying only discuss ideas we are working on

Anyway trollville is that way and for everyone else feel free to continue the discussion into a maybe or maybe not feature.

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

Not that you need my permission, but I say discuss away. We're not working in a vacuum; just because we know how to write a bit of code doesn't mean we have any particular idea about how this game should function. Its why we bust our asses to do things like the module API. The idea is that you lot get excited and motivated about an idea and go away and write some funky missions. If you wait for someone else to do it then it will take years 🙄

ReplyQuote
tomm
 tomm
(@tomm)
Master Chief Registered

Empire-building is for the socially maladjusted. Exploration is better 😉

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered
Topic starter  

I like the idea of empire building as u explore but thats just me.

In a future point when the programming talent is here and "happening" different classes of station should exist. Production facilities to

Terrorformed - or agricultural stations

Metal-asteroid or trade stations

Combat and combat supplies and building stations

Refueling points

Pirate bases

Abandoned bases

Just to name a few

ReplyQuote