Notifications
Clear all

Please modelers. Need for modification.)

sapog662
(@sapog662)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Please increase the size of the ship Wave. I need to modify. Approximately, a little longer Lanner. Thank you.)

Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

can you get a little more precise?

let's say the Wave is not my duty, but i can check for you what you can do.

for the Lanner i'm somewhat responsible, in the way it exists in pioneer, if it seems to small it's prob. my fault.

matter of choice?

(still i'm uncertain myself if all ships should be scaled uniform or if we should scale them in a way that large ships would be a little to small, if you would keep a rule through all models, one wouldn't reckognize if they are really scaled uniform or if a ship from the size of a "Lynx" is in fact 1:2)

nonetheless both (i would have a revisited SGM model ready) are relatively easy to scale, or can be prepared in a way that it is relatively easy.

also i preassume here you mean by size the volume, but it could be as well mass or cargo capacity, since they certainly vary from FFE.

---

it's a bit a matter of estimating a balance for pioneer, since we have since a while a real fuel consumption and you will have also to carry the proper amount of fuel for interplanetary flights.

a personal idea of me is to take in case of a FFE ship, something that comes close to the original by discounting the fuel mass from the cargo capacity.

that's somewhat heavy because space or cargo is anyway limited, but i think that makes sense.

else, to respect the quite longer hyperdrive range in pioneer, you would have to set the hull mass higher, a mix of both is something i would recommend.

little more hull mass and discount fuel capacity from cargo.

thrust, i'm also a bit choosy with and i like it rather low, means a fully ladden ship shouldn't have more as 12g, but also a matter of choice.

of course a eagle mk-III would have 24?, 27g?, but i assume this counts for a empty ship, because you can see very good if a fighter like a eagle has a thrust ladden ~12g empty it's around 30g, makes somewhat sense, no?

ends sometimes in ships that can hardly lift fully ladden from objects with a mass greater as 3 EM, but such i see as rather welcome handicap.

even in old FE2 it's hard to maneuvre manually with a Cobra MK-3 over high gravity planets, the autopilot in FE2/FFE seems to have some extra power from nowhere (i.e. bottom thrusters which prob. simply don't exist in manual mode, yet i haven't found out ever where to cheat that, visual thruster setup and function in FE2 are two complete different things (specifications makes the difference, but that's obvious), but i'm pretty sure that there is only a limited amount of variations to choose from).

other ships you will have to balance yourself, but i guess still FFE is a good base to estimate a proper balanced setup for a ship.

ships should have at least a little characteristics, each should be different not only and or specifically in shape and mass.

(that's why i personally left the extreme weak retro thrust for the eagle mk2, in the release it's a bit different, but i "like" the mk2 weak, it should be.

on the other hand well you could say who should ever buy that bird once you know it has such a weak point. while, i couldn't say exactly, actually fighting i feel is superhard and i have anyway no chance to stand the A.I. 😉 but days when it wasn't that hard i experienced a setup like a mk-2 isn't that bad, in a similar way or even more extreme i set up then this WW2 retrostyle ship "ADC-44" of mine and reached not bad results, back then i have to say. theoretically, if you turn the engines off and flip the ship to turn, it doesn't matters how much retro thrust you have, only main thrust is relevant then. meanest thing is that our A.I. has "learned" to act exactly this way instead to fly around you like in FFE. it's nearly impossible to hang on their tail, vice versa i would say, such is your safe end. except it would have changed in the last release, i haven't had the time or the right mood for a fight).

---

nonetheless, i will checkout how to size both ships up.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

this would be my lanner version for the sgm, noticed right today that it's ported to the new system already.

if you install this model to your local mods folder it won't appear in the selection of the modelviewing mode of pioneer,

but it should properly appear in the game as "Lanner".

if you like to examine it in the modelviewer of pioneer you would have to move the content to their destinations,

a mods zip represents the content (or parts of it) of the folder "data" in the installation.

this would be the upscaled ship, i chose 1.25 since i guess i scaled it down by 0.8, but i don't remember quite well.

it loks quite gaint on the landing pad to me (irritating is still the floor height of some buildings).

http://sdrv.ms/VDEdwI

to compare the model scaled as it was

http://sdrv.ms/VDFxzH

---

like i said i could simply say the wave is not my duty.

anyway, for the lanner i had to re-open the "hull.dae" and scaled the whole model in blender to 125%, exported it again to collada.

the landinggear is a DX mesh and i scaled it up in the way i described in "many new models..."

of course, or fortunately i have the project here on the mac, i could have scaled the model in the original project but then i have to work on the animation again.

that will be prob. even the problem for a change of the size for the wave.

unfortunately collada models have no frames whichs matrix would enclose the rest of meshes, to re-orient or scale a whole model.

[attachment=1697:Bildschirmfoto 2013-02-23 um 17.28.06.png]

---

...please attach soviet star for proper look

[attachment=1698:Bildschirmfoto 2013-02-23 um 18.21.33.png]

ReplyQuote
sapog662
(@sapog662)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

sorry, but I meant that I need a ship "wave", a larger size. Approximately, a little more than lanner.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

ok, i can't help you much with the wave, simply because it's not my model.

actually i didn't even know who's the author of it.

but i have made myself foes enough, i guess

and i really don't like to alter a model which is not mine or where i have no specific agreement.

---

you can - on copyrights, respect counts to me much more, usually i don't manipulate a model without a agreement.

or that i would get at least a agreement if i did so, this i feel as minimum of respect, unfortunately not all feel the same.

i have already a "black sheep" (millfalc, the author would restrict re-use, but i guess after reading why, mostly because he was angry about reselling, i mailed him but got no anwer, which i interpreted as a quiet "yes", if "no" he would have had to answered. actually i see anyway not as much models sold in obscure places as a few years ago) in my collection, that's enough.

ReplyQuote