Notifications
Clear all

Route from Lave to Sol?

Arrakkh
(@arrakkh)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

This is a noob question. Starting from LAve, the galaxy map appears not to be the same as starting from sol or new hope. Is just my impression? Ther is a way to navigate from Sol to LAve?

robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

Look at the sector number - you're just a long way away from Sol. ~720 light years, actually. Its all part of the same galaxy though!

ReplyQuote
Loki999
(@loki999)
Master Chief Registered

Surprised me first time I played the game, i thought it would be fairly close like in Frontier.

I did the trip once in a ship that had something like a 15-20LY jump range, you can imagine that took me quite a number of jumps, although had enough fuel to make a few sequential jumps.  Then i learned the best thing for travelling is to strip the drive from a small ship and stick the biggest Military Drive you can fit (ensuring enough fuel to make a max distance jump).  You can easily get over 50LY jumps then.

You do then have to refuel after every jump, but in terms of real time (not necessarily in-game time, could be as well) it works out quicker for exploration.

ReplyQuote
Brianetta
(@brianetta)
Commander Registered

Lave to Sol is all inhabited space, so at least you can stop for fuel en route. You'll need those little-used PageUp/PageDown keys to navigate this route!

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

hmm, distance is a matter of choice or a matter of the real situation (for Lave as well as for other systems known from FE2/FFE).

personally, yes i feel also it's a bit far from Sol, while space is for my choice a little "overpopulated", but fortunately we can change such in the mods.

though expect once a more FE2 compliant distance and position for Lave in my "FFE mod", while in the "Pioneer mod" (not completed yet), situation will be like in a stock pioneer, further expect complete different factions and systems for mods like my "vintage mod" (neither completed) or a already only planned "Fantasy mod" (i "need" this to get all the funny models you find in the web, running in a cool way. "no limits" one could say, to give "Lone Stars" Van a place to live on in 🙂 ).

ReplyQuote