Notifications
Clear all

Ships of Pioneer - size comparison

Page 2 / 2

Zordey
(@zordey)
Senior Chief Registered

Very nice Nozmajner ๐Ÿ™‚ 

The Deneb looks quite big in that picture but im sure that is just a perspective thing. Its probably the same for the Neroda and DSM. Im guessing (because I havent seen the resized DSM or Neroda) that they are approximately the same size? Im sure both are over the 10kT mark?

ReplyQuote
NiankoSensei
(@niankosensei)
Senior Chief Registered

Deneb windows vs windows of others ships, yes it seems too big

ReplyQuote
Zordey
(@zordey)
Senior Chief Registered

NiankoSensei: the windows of the Deneb look big since they are quite heavily slanted back (much like a sports car windshield) in contrast to all the other ships where the windows are nearly vertical.

The actual vertical height of the Deneb window is quite small, but the angle of the picture is almost perpendicular to the face of the window making it look huge. 

ReplyQuote
Sturm
(@sturm)
Crewman Registered

You can't judge the size by the length of the Tu-160 alone. It's shaped like a needle with wings. The Wave is a lifting body with most of the volume in the wings. The scale of the ship should be the size required by the ship's specifications. That's what everyone's trying to do. As for the cockpit, couldn't it be in the middle beneath the hatch-like ovoid in the texture? No physical window, just a view-screen.

Yeah, but it's an interplanetary space fighter, not an atmospheric fighter. Such a thing could be even larger than a modern strategic bomber - it could be as big as a frigate.

Just during last 100 years fighters have grown about 4x times in size and modern jet fighters are as long as WWI heavy bombers.

ReplyQuote
Uruboros
(@uruboros)
Senior Chief Registered

If i create @ my home some mesh models,  were's the appropriate topic to post my immage?  (paper / render)

I love  new ship, I believe is necessary a minimum size standard for windows, pilote/passengers cabine, doors, goods conteiner 1 t.

the pioneer univers is extremly big , but is the small details to make it evidence! 

[ITA]

Se io craessi a casa mia dei modelli 3D, qual'รƒยจ il topic corretto per postarne le immagini? ( su carta / file rendering)

Mi piacciono le nuove navi. Credo sia utile applicare dalle dimensioni minime per finestre, cabina pilota e passeggeri porte e portelloni, conteiner di merci 1 t.

L'universo Pioneer รƒยจ enorme, ma sono i piccoli dettagli a renderlo evidente!

to the future..... better i post in ITA or EN?

THX

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

I ran the Italian text through Google translate. This is the result;

If I craessi to my house 3D models, what is the proper topic for posting images? (Paper / file render)
I like the new ships. I think it is useful to apply the minimum size for windows, cab driver and passenger doors and hatches, containerized cargo 1 t.

Pioneer The universe is huge, but it's the small details to make it obvious!

This is a little better than your English. It's not perfect. I think you should write in Italian and translate with Google and post both. You may need to edit the Google translation. 'If i create @ my home some mesh models' is easier to understand than 'If I craessi to my house 3D models'.

You could start a new topic for your work.   

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)
Topic starter  

You might want to look at the wiki too. You can check the existing ships, and there's documentation on how to put your creation in the game when it's ready.

Also you should check the shipyards and the style of their ships (except the Lunar shuttle, that's gonna be redone).

A good first step is to create a brief for your ship. A short description which answers to a few questions:

• What's the purpose of the ship? Is it a combat ship? An explorer maybe? A transport? An utility craft? A shuttle?
  • How well it does that work? Is it an excellent ship, or it's one that's not that renowned? Popular or frowned upon?
  • How large is it?
  • Who manufactures it?
  • Is it an old model or a more recent one?

ReplyQuote
Uruboros
(@uruboros)
Senior Chief Registered

I'm modeling a kind of standard cabin, that can be used for ships belonging to a complete fleet.

I do not have anything if you do not want to copy the style guidelines of the wiki.

all my creativity. from the shuttle to the mega transport.

times, uncertain, seen too many commitments

and now I'm learning blender!

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)
Topic starter  

Why don't you make a thread for it? We could give some input, even about Blender or modeling in gerenal.

ReplyQuote
Uruboros
(@uruboros)
Senior Chief Registered

mi sono appena iscritto in dev wiki

propongo in quella sede le mie idee e progetti.

e ci sarรƒย  da lavorarci sopra! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

I just joined in dev wiki

I propose in that case my ideas and projects.

and we will have to work at it! ๐Ÿ™‚

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)
Topic starter  

You mean the dev forums, right?

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2