Notifications
Clear all

System map centering: what do you expect?

robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

In FE2 you used to be able to press C to center the system map. Pioneer doesn't have it, and I know its trivial, but its a nice little touch. I implemented a version that smoothly moves the position back to the current system and with shift, resets zoom and rotation as well.

Before I submit a patch, I thought I'd check if that's what you'd expect it to do. Does this seem like reasonable behaviour? I'm not sure why but its not sitting comfortably with me.

Like I said, hardly the most pressing issue in the world, but I'm interested to know what you think all the same. If you want to try it, see this:

https://github.com/robn/pioneer/tree/system-view-center

Cheers,

Rob.

KingHaggis
(@kinghaggis)
Master Chief Registered

Yeah, sounds like that could come in handy. Indeed not a very pressing issue but a nice feature nonetheless. Thanks for helping make Pioneer even better. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

A great idea! 🙂 You should submit it on the pioneer forum. I am sure John Jorden will add this to the exe he is working on as it is too useful a feature to leave out. Well done! 😎

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Ok I've sent a pull request for the feature. Thanks for your input, thats all I needed. I'm still not sure why it felt wrong, but never mind 🙂

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered

i vote for a similiar feature if porgramming time allows

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Fyi, this feature just landed in the repository. Thanks for your input.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Quote:
I implemented a version that smoothly moves the position back to the current system and with shift, resets zoom and rotation as well.

Excellent, a much needed feature. It winds me up trying to re-align the rotation 😉

ReplyQuote