Notifications
Clear all

Also get access to over 60 free games in their trove of games, get 20 percent off all purchases and you can stop the subscription at anytime and keep all the games

"T" & "M" Keystrokes not working in Pioneeer Space Sim  

Blaxcot
(@blaxcot)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

I have just started taking dog fights seriously and find that the "M" (missile launcher) and "T" (target) keystrokes do not work. Only way to target and/or launch missiles is to click on them with the mouse, in the middle of a dogfight. They also do not work when I assign them to buttons on my Attack 3 joystick. Anyone else have this problem or know a workaround. Thanks. Blaxcot.

nozmajner
(@nozmajner)
Warrant Officer Registered

Yes, it is a known bug/limitation of the new input and UI system. Which is right now in a state of polish/rewrite, which shoul fix it relatively soon if I'm correct.

As a workaround until that, you could pause the game for targeting and firing of the missiles. Might feel a bit of a cheating though.

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)

I must also say - although offtopic, but it's the only live thread here for the moment so excuse me - that the newest Pioneer build will constantly crash on my Windows 10 after some minutes, I cannot create quicksaves fast enough... and yes I have shut-down all browsers and internet connection, no other programs running in the background, compatibility modes don't help. Very unstable release, so I rather play Pioneer Scout Plus, but its UI is by far not that advanced.

Can anyone recommend me an older but stable release of Pioneer?

Thanks so much,

XS

This post was modified 3 months ago 6 times by XenonS

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

That's odd. Nobody reported that kind of instabilites with the current release. Could you report it on our Github tracker?

With an output.txt and openGL.txt and details of your config preferably, that could help narrowing down the issue.

(The txts are found where the save files are: Documents/Pioneer/

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)

Posted by: @nozmajner

That's odd. Nobody reported that kind of instabilites with the current release. Could you report it on our Github tracker?

With an output.txt and openGL.txt and details of your config preferably, that could help narrowing down the issue.

(The txts are found where the save files are: Documents/Pioneer/

It will be my pleasure to report at GitHub to support your efforts if I'm able to registrate there. In the meantime I can give you the error code (the last one) found in the 'output.txt' :

(...)

Exception code=0xc0000005 flags=0x0 at 0x00000000007136EC. Access violation - attempting to read data at address 0x0000000000000004

This post was modified 3 months ago by XenonS

ReplyQuote