Notifications
Clear all

Video link randomised faces (pics inside)

Page 3 / 5

hento
(@hento)
Crewman Registered

Subzeroplainzero wrote:
aha Don't worry women will be worked on shortly. I'm just trying to get my head around the blokes at the moment.

I'm releaved 😀

Those new ones look nifty, i just hope that the final versions won't have different sets of eyes and eyebrows

Also, could you possibly not have the male characters not have so shiny lips?

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  
hento wrote:

Those new ones look nifty, i just hope that the final versions won't have different sets of eyes and eyebrows

Will or won't? Unfortunately I think seperating the eyes from the eyebrows will be a problem, as it would cause problems with them overlapping. It will be ok when there are a lot more eye sets though and you shouldn't really see the same ones too often in a row. Hmm thinking about it though.. I could make different versions of each set of eyes with various eyebrows. Thankyou, I'll look into that 🙂

hento wrote:

hento wrote:

That is quite a bothersome product of the portraits I'm using which often have a lot of flashy lighting. When they are then added to the somewhat flat toned base face, it gives the effect of shinyness. That's why it would be cool if people could donate some pics of themselves.....you fancy it? The shinyness is annoying me though so I will definitely be trying to reduce it some more on the ones I've done already.

ReplyQuote
hento
(@hento)
Crewman Registered

Subzeroplainzero wrote:
Will or won't?

Won't. The left eyebrow being different from the right eyebrow is way too spooky if you ask me 🙂 But the different eyebrow sets with different eye sets sound nice.

hento wrote:
That's why it would be cool if people could donate some pics of themselves.....you fancy it?

I'm ugly, you don't want my face in the game 😀

Subzeroplainzero wrote:
The shinyness is annoying me though so I will definitely be trying to reduce it some more on the ones I've done already.

You mentioned you're working in photoshop IIRC, you could just add a darkish semi-transparent layer to reduce the shiny effect

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

There you go. Lips are now de-shinyfied ( I used burn tool to darken the highlights then blended the colours together a bit) and the guys eyebrows now match. Don't know how I didn't notice that! Funny how the eye can choose to ignore certain things it can't be arsed to deal with 😆

test7p.gif

test8.gif

ReplyQuote
hento
(@hento)
Crewman Registered

😯

that's like at least 10x better now!

Keep up the good work 😀

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand a couple more 🙂 I think they're looking a bit more realistic with practice

test9.gif

test10.gif

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Warrant Officer Registered

Subzeroplainzero wrote:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand a couple more 🙂 I think they're looking a bit more realistic with practice

test9.gif

..............................Dad??? 😮

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Haha it's weird.. the one below your dad looks like my landlord 😮

ReplyQuote
freegamer
(@freegamer)
Petty Officer Registered

Do you need a preview tool for seeing how the different images fit together? Or are you managing OK using layers in photoshop?

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

That's very nice work! The video overlay even gives a slight illusion of animation, but I think it should probably be turned down a bit.

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  
freegamer wrote:
Do you need a preview tool for seeing how the different images fit together? Or are you managing OK using layers in photoshop?

Hmmm it's actually really easy to slot them together in photoshop but if you could crack a tool out pretty quick, that would be great! I'm trying to make it as easy as possible for the programmer to implement it in game(whoever wants to take the job up), but I bet it will probably still be quite an epic task.

Marcel wrote:
That's very nice work! The video overlay even gives a slight illusion of animation, but I think it should probably be turned down a bit.

I agree. At the moment it's a 10 frame anim that plays pretty rapidly so it looks repetitive too. I'll be making it longer but do you reckon it should animate at a slower rate too? I don't want to give anyone a fit 😳 Give me some suggestions and I'll make a few test versions.

Btw I'm now working on ladies 😉

ReplyQuote
freegamer
(@freegamer)
Petty Officer Registered

Subzeroplainzero wrote:
if you could crack a tool out pretty quick, that would be great!

If you can point me to some images somewhere then I'll have a go! Include the animated overlay, I'll do something with that too.

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  
freegamer wrote:
Subzeroplainzero wrote:
if you could crack a tool out pretty quick, that would be great!

If you can point me to some images somewhere then I'll have a go! Include the animated overlay, I'll do something with that too.

So this tool would be able to randomly generate faces from the sections I have made so far? That would be really cool but is is worth your time?? It'll probably be a bit pointless once it starts getting implemented ingame, but if you want to give it a go then that's fantastic 🙂 If you pm me your email I'll give you everything I've got so far.

The Setup is quite simple really.. They're made up of components like these-

eyes5.png hair3.png head1q.png mouth2.png

Then Slap em all together and you get this guy-

69282687.png

😀 😀

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

.. Oh by the way, here's my first attempt at ladies 🙂

test11g.gif test12.gif

Second one is a little odd in my eyes, but the galaxy can't be full of hotties! 😉

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Warrant Officer Registered

Subzeroplainzero wrote:
.. Oh by the way, here's my first attempt at ladies 🙂

test11g.gif test12.gif

Second one is a little odd in my eyes, but the galaxy can't be full of hotties! 😉

Actually, I think both are absolutely fine - the second one even reminds me of a friend. The flickering-to-green is a bit annoying, though. I'd take that away completely and just leave the scanlines animated.

ReplyQuote
memnoch
(@memnoch)
Petty Officer Registered

I think that last one looks a lot like Natalia Tena playing Nymphadora Tonks in 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix'. Well done! 🙂

ReplyQuote
tomm
 tomm
(@tomm)
Master Chief Registered

Nice work. They are looking a lot better.

Don't worry about putting animated noise on top of them. Pioneer can always do that.

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  
memnoch wrote:
I think that last one looks a lot like Natalia Tena playing Nymphadora Tonks in 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix'. Well done! 🙂

*Googles Nymphadora Tonks* I see it! 😆 A lot of the eyes and mouths I've used are actually from celebrities. Try and spot George Bush and Liam Neeson..

tomm wrote:

Don't worry about putting animated noise on top of them. Pioneer can always do that.

That's music to my ears! Something really interesting could be done with that. An animation would get boring after a while so it would be cool to see some dynamic interference or something.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Frakkin' amazing.

ReplyQuote
Taquito
(@taquito)
Petty Officer Registered

What about getting them some helmets or space mask instead of hair?

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Taquito wrote:

Certainly! I will be adding accessories once the foundations are ready. Helmets will sit on it's own layer over the hair. I'll also be making a range of glasses, visors, eye patches and I might even throw in a monocle 😉

The clothing at the moment is just a placeholder. I'm thinking a blade runner/total recall type of style should fit the game quite well. Hmm come to think of it, some 80s hairstyles wouldn't go amiss too!

ReplyQuote
Taquito
(@taquito)
Petty Officer Registered

Subzeroplainzero wrote:
Taquito wrote:

Certainly! I will be adding accessories once the foundations are ready. Helmets will sit on it's own layer over the hair. I'll also be making a range of glasses, visors, eye patches and I might even throw in a monocle 😉

The clothing at the moment is just a placeholder. I'm thinking a blade runner/total recall type of style should fit the game quite well. Hmm come to think of it, some 80s hairstyles wouldn't go amiss too!

I've made some quick examples out of a foofball helmet: 😛

[hsimg] [/hsimg]

[hsimg] [/hsimg]

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

How about aliens? Or robots? I don't know if there's back story that prohibits aliens, but robots would be fun 🙂

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Taquito wrote:
I've made some quick examples out of a foofball helmet: 😛

Good examples! I'm thinking though... the com link is with people on stations so why would they be wearing space helmets? Might work well if ship to ship com links are implemented!

robn wrote:
How about aliens? Or robots? I don't know if there's back story that prohibits aliens, but robots would be fun 🙂

I agree, robots would be sweeeeeeeet. I could look into making some but only if people agree that they fit into the universe 🙂

Gudadantza wrote:
The faces as getting better and better. The final combination will be great! 🙂

Some of them have a lot of character.

Thanks! I'm working on different races now (albeit slowly). I cant wait to get faces done to an acceptable level to be honest, as transpanting eyes and mouths can get suprisingly tedious after a while 😆 Be good to get onto doing more hair, clothes and accessories

38075833.png 28597878.png 50243099.png

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

can u generate a set of faces for me?

i would have to go outside else and hire pilots for pioneer 😉

no, i would like some to put on the pilots heads.

until now i used what i got from sim's "face lift", but that's only a helping solution,

your's would be 10 times better and also 100% gpl.

i need one with the hair greased back at least 😆

is it possible to have the back to? i would place that then into one standard face mapping for all pilots.

btw, the second in the row above, looks like he's poisoned with somekind of mushroom 😆

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 5