Notifications
Clear all

Video link randomised faces (pics inside)

Page 5 / 5

Taquito
(@taquito)
Petty Officer Registered

memnoch wrote:
Each eye is going to be subtly different. If you simply invert one you mat be heading into uncanny valley.

Have a look at some celebrity mirrored faces on the net. It's difficult to put your finger on but there is something not quite right about them.

lol I learned this the hard way. I inverted the eye and no matter how close or separated I placed the eyes they end up looking weird:

2m36a1k.png

This makes it a bit more difficult to find good set of eyes due to the angle and often shadows in the picture most pics have one eye that is very clear and the other one is not or not in the right angle. 😕 I also tried to do a blank template for the face but ended up looking weird too:

15ouhhf.png

Seriously Sub I think you should consider making all the models male and female completely bald, I can't imagine all the work with the hair. I mean. who needs hair in space anyways? 😀

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Haha actually I've found hair pretty easy. It's mouths that give the most trouble I think.

I also failed at making a blank template but it doesn't matter as I'm now using seperate eyes, nose and mouth templates to make things easier.

This is the eye one-

eyestemplate.png

I cover it up with the new eyes I'm going to use and make sure that it fades out enough towards the edge to blend with the rest of the face.

Here's the nose-

nosetemplate.png

This one, I simply use liquify tool to stretch it into various different shapes. Again, the edges must match the face template still.

And here's the mouth-

mouthtemplate.png

The same process is used as with the eyes except for some reason it can be really difficult to make them look.. normal

Here's the face template-

facetemplate.png The black blocks are there to easily slot the other sections in place. They should fit the black "slots" perfectly. You can use this to test how well your edges blend. Some of mine are hit and miss so don't worry about achieving perfection. I'm only truly happy with a couple of mine 🙂

Sorry, I told you I'd give you these sooner Taquito! Been a tad busy 😳

If you want more pm me your email and I'll send you the female templates along with the other race templates too.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Btw the system we have been working on will create a potential 384,000,000 different faces 😉 That doesn't include accessories or extras like scars and freckles though.

ReplyQuote
Taquito
(@taquito)
Petty Officer Registered

s2odan wrote:
Btw the system we have been working on will create a potential 384,000,000 different faces 😉 That doesn't include accessories or extras like scars and freckles though.

Wow O.o! Btw No worries Sub. You can send me the templates via PM. Are those the final sizes for the templates? I'll send you more faces soon.

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Taquito wrote:
s2odan wrote:

Wow O.o! Btw No worries Sub. You can send me the templates via PM. Are those the final sizes for the templates? I'll send you more faces soon.

Actually.. we've just changed them haha. I'll send you the new ones 🙂

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Here's the example pic I mentioned in the pm, Subzeroplainzero.

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Awesome! looks really good and I cannot detect the black line problem at all in that one!

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

🙂 Are the parts aligned correctly in that one or are they slightly out of alignment?

Same starport, this time with accessories and background 😉 I think his glasses are a bit out of alignment though.. :

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I'm not sure but the nose might be a bit out of place. I'll send you the face template in the new dimensions but with the black parts back on it for testing purposes 🙂

Edit: oh by the way, the background fits really well 🙂

The glasses do look a little bit high, maybe a couple of pixels lower will be perrrrfic

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I decided to play around with making some armour. It's probably a bit too advanced looking for police armour,, possibly mercenary type npc's might sometimes wear it or maybe the military?

19671425.png

Anyway, i likes it a lot 😎

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered

384 million faces nice

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  
ollobrain wrote:
384 million faces nice

If you're really lucky you might run into a familiar face or 2 😆 😆 😆

84729517.png

By the way, if anybody would like to know how they would look within the face gen, send me a pic of yourself! Go on.. don't be shy 😉

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

I won't be satisfied until the entire universe is Justin Bieber.

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered

more the betteerer

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

[attachment=666:pioneer-msvc-9 2011-04-14 18-01-31-17.jpg]

This one made me laugh 🙂

ReplyQuote
Grimm
(@grimm)
Senior Chief Registered

Great work with the faces.

I just want to ask: what i have to do to include own picture to the video link in pioneer? Is it enough to place it in the right folder and change some files or is more coding necessary? I would like to use the original frontier faces but i don't know if it is possible.

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Grimm wrote:
Great work with the faces.

I just want to ask: what i have to do to include own picture to the video link in pioneer? Is it enough to place it in the right folder and change some files or is more coding necessary? I would like to use the original frontier faces but i don't know if it is possible.

Hmmm I'm not sure. It would involve cutting the frontier faces up and making them fit together in the same way that my current faces do.. quite a fiddly job. Also, females are yet to be implemented but it may be possible in the future! Once I have completed the 3 races in both male and female, I'll have a look into possibly making frontier mod 🙂

ReplyQuote
Grimm
(@grimm)
Senior Chief Registered

Subzeroplainzero wrote:

Hmmm I'm not sure. It would involve cutting the frontier faces up and making them fit together in the same way that my current faces do.. quite a fiddly job. Also, females are yet to be implemented but it may be possible in the future! Once I have completed the 3 races in both male and female, I'll have a look into possibly making frontier mod 🙂

Great! But you are talking about the randomised faces. I just want to know if i can take a jpeg or png file and let pioneer load it on the station as a video link.

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

Grimm wrote:
I just want to know if i can take a jpeg or png file and let pioneer load it on the station as a video link.

Not currently. Could you please describe the use case? It would be simple to add, but I don't understand why you'd want it or how it would be triggered.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Grimm wrote:
Subzeroplainzero wrote:

Great! But you are talking about the randomised faces. I just want to know if i can take a jpeg or png file and let pioneer load it on the station as a video link.

Actually you can, but theres no point. If you created one of the backgrounds witha bult in face and replaced all the facial parts with blank empty pictures then you could do this....

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Grimm wrote:
Subzeroplainzero wrote:

you do realise that frontier's faces were procedurally generated don't you? ..though not as advanced as pioneer's. (at least I think they were)

ReplyQuote
Grimm
(@grimm)
Senior Chief Registered

actually i didn't realise that 😉 I thought the video link in frontier was just a image, but as i see my memory is playing tricks on me 😀

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Me again. Thought I'd put up a few examples of what's coming up with the facegen 🙂

49733096.png 93143710.png

48790433.png 56160513.png

24769806.png 81521251.png

42004040.png 40808798.png

ReplyQuote
Coolhand
(@coolhand)
Master Chief Registered

oh you crazy northerners. Where's Sean?

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Coolhand wrote:
oh you crazy northerners. Where's Sean?

Damn! I should have used him for some of the face parts. As it is, you could possibly run into nicholas cage, simon pegg, keanu reeves, arny, or Liam neeson during your travels. I'm thinking of using a photo of myself for an eye and mouth set, then go out into the galaxy in search of "myself" 😛

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5