Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wanted: new screenshots

Page 17 / 30

Anonymous

Venturestar. From Earth to Mars. All went well, until I accidentally hit CTRL-F12 instead of CTRL-PrintScreen...

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Arrrrgh! To my shame I didn't check this thread before doing the upload and did a Venturestar pic myself, but yours are way better Tichy. Anyway will add some of those and others before your last post are already there. Many thanks again folks.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Big ships 🙂

ReplyQuote
Loki999
(@loki999)
Master Chief Registered

Big ships 🙂

That's just awesome

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

The first is another shot from Scout+. The others from plain Pioneer: after a delivery to Clarke's Station I found a nice planets alignment: Europa, Jupiter, Io (slightly misaligned... damn...) and Sol.

And, by the way, the new hyperspace range sphere is really useful. Now is much more easier to clearly see which systems are in range, and which ones are not.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Two reasons for staying in prison:

1: Valerie Kidd

[attachment=2168:screenshot-20130818-111423.png]

2: There are shadows outside

[attachment=2169:screenshot-20130818-111558.png]

ReplyQuote
NeuralKernel
(@neuralkernel)
Warrant Officer Registered

[attachment=2170:screenshot-20130818-060917.png][attachment=2171:screenshot-20130818-060944.png][attachment=2172:screenshot-20130818-061002.png][attachment=2173:screenshot-20130818-061246.png][attachment=2174:screenshot-20130818-062204.png][attachment=2175:screenshot-20130818-062226.png][attachment=2176:screenshot-20130818-062234.png]

Had a close encounter with a BIG planet...

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

How much close? I tried to scoop a gas giant only once... I crashed in it 😀

ReplyQuote
NeuralKernel
(@neuralkernel)

Well I can scoop Small and Medium Gas Giants, sometimes I can scoop a large one... but Hercules is Very Large... and I mean VERY large! 😀

I actually bounced off the surface... I only hit at a few hundred meters per second and had plenty of shields to absorb the damage. The Mola Mola is a nice ship, but it just doesn't have the thrust to maintain both Velocity and Altitude above a planet like Hercules. Neptune, Saturn and Uranus aer all fine... I just figured I'd try Hercules since I hadn't tried it since the new orbital view was available, made all the difference since I've almost always crashed before.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Our pale blue dot have nice places. This is the north pole (almost).

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Tichy? Your getting damn good at this!

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Thanks 🙂

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

I tried to find the location of Europa Report 🙂

http://www.magnetreleasing.com/europareport/

ReplyQuote
StarMax
(@starmax)
Senior Chief Registered

^ Worlds of awesome.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi Folks

It's getting near that time again for updating ModDB. Once again I come begging to you all for cool screenshots. Tichy has really out done themselves not only for this month but consistently. Great stuff there Tichy!   However, if anyone else has nice images lurking on your hard drives, please up load em.

ReplyQuote
NeuralKernel
(@neuralkernel)

[attachment=2202:screenshot-20130824-053430.png][attachment=2203:screenshot-20130824-212725.png]

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

After a month, my piloting skills rusted a bit...

Miranda colony, in Tau Ceti. One of my most favourite planets near home.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Aha!   I see Tichy has been busy again. Great shots there Tichy. Yes,  it's getting near that time again folks when I am once more updating ModDB. So if you have any screen shots, please, please upload them. Also, I know many of you use Walterar's excellent Scout mod. Recently I have stayed away from images that show assets from mods, but y'know what? As long as you clearly state the shot contains mods and what mod it is, that's ok I reckon. Robn and the rest of the dev team might disagree and if they do, that's fair enough and I will comply with their wishes, but I hope they don't mind as at the end of the day it's all about showing this fantastic game to everyone.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Thank you 🙂

I hope to have some time, this weekend, to do a long travel. I want to find some of those strange planets I always see in Arrakkh's screenshots. Guess I need to learn how to scoop gas giants. 

(Leaving my home sector...  :O scary...  )

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

You will be fine Tichy, now get out there!

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Almost all screenshots are from Adanlia A d. It's surface is mostly liquid and ice. Inhabitated by hipsters, who choose the planet because of its sepia colours. Major imports: scarfs and old Polariods. 😛

The ship is my favourite variant of the Viper, from Scout mod.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Many thanks once again to Tichy & Neutral Kernal for your pictures. A selection of them are on deck and getting plenty of hits.

ReplyQuote
flyingfetus
(@flyingfetus)
Petty Officer Registered

My attempt at taking some screenshots. Any tips for a noob on how to take nice pictures? 😛

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I think your doing quite well as you are SuperNewtable.

A general tip? Try and do something crazy in the game, something that hasn't been done before or something no one has taken a picture of yet. Also, with the sheer size of the galaxy in Pioneer, we have only seen a very tiny fraction of what is out there. Who knows what wonders await you out in the far reaches of the high frontier.

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Don't forget some ship close-ups too - we're getting some really pretty ships coming through now, especially with some of the new model engine features that have been added recently 🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 17 / 30