fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Well done walterar, on this day in particular you have won the thread 😀

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Yes nice pictures Marcel, nozmajner & Walterar! A question though Walterar, what is that blue line behind the Eagle's thrusters?

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

@Geraldine

Micrometeorites perhaps? 

That is an effect "speed lines" of Luomu presented by fluffyfreak   the November 5, 2013

I have "softened" a little to my taste to apply to Pioneer Scout Plus.  

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

In Pioneer, Pluto is grey and Charon is brown. I bet that will change soon.

Continuing my journey, I did my business at Bennet's World and took off to explore the big green rings. They seem to be floating on the water, and green vegitation roughly traces their path across the land.

[attachment=3150:Screenshot from 2015-06-17 2126.png]

The thing looks like a giant superhighway.

[attachment=3151:Screenshot from 2015-06-17 2148.png]

I thought there must be some interesting topography here, but the place looks as flat as FE2.

[attachment=3152:Screenshot from 2015-06-17 2157.png]

[attachment=3153:Screenshot from 2015-06-17 2142.png]

[attachment=3154:Screenshot from 2015-06-17 2153.png]

I considered landing on it, but I've gone into the wrong pond before. I had to blow out all my vents afterward. It was rather messy.

[attachment=3155:Screenshot from 2015-06-17 2100.png]

Stay tuned for more pictures. Same Ladybird time, same Ladybird channel.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

I'm saying goodbye to Bennet's World. Rear view, moving away to see the big picture.

[attachment=3157:Screenshot from 2015-06-17 2149.png]

[attachment=3158:Screenshot from 2015-06-17 2109.png]

[attachment=3159:Screenshot from 2015-06-17 2134.png]

[attachment=3160:Screenshot from 2015-06-17 2157.png]

[attachment=3161:Screenshot from 2015-06-17 2142.png]

[attachment=3162:Screenshot from 2015-06-17 2247.png]

[attachment=3163:Screenshot from 2015-06-17 2248.png]

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

In these pictures I'm still heading back to Earth so I can start a new game in Scout Plus 23. I stopped at Wong's Misery. It does look miserable. There are no clouds in Pioneer yet, but it looks like it.

[attachment=3175:Screenshot from 2015-06-22 1821.png]

Speaking of clouds, I'm coming in to scoop a gas giant here. It's my last refueling stop before Sol. Again it looks like there are clouds down there.

[attachment=3176:Screenshot from 2015-06-23 2015.png]

[attachment=3177:Screenshot from 2015-06-23 2018.png]

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Very nice marble that Wong's Misery 🙂

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Thank fluffyfreak for that. I just took the picture.

After all my travels, I realized that the place I was looking for was there all along.

There's no place like home...

[attachment=3178:Screenshot from 2015-06-23 2132.png]

There's no place like home...

[attachment=3179:Screenshot from 2015-06-23 2119.png]

There's no place like home!

[attachment=3180:Screenshot from 2015-06-23 2101.png]

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Marcel's Mysterious World, nozmajner & Walterar's pictures are on deck! Many thanks once again guys! Without you the ModDB page would be a much less colourful place. And Nozmajner? Great build this month, I've been having lots of fun with it so my thanks to you and the dev team too, you guys are awesome!

Edit: For a laugh I thought I'd create a gif of the end sequence of the Eclipse Pioneer video.

Eclipse_zpsv9vhsxlm.gif

ReplyQuote
Arrakkh
(@arrakkh)
Senior Chief Registered

[attachment=3185:screenshot-20150801-000958.png][attachment=3181:screenshot-20150801-001136.png][attachment=3182:screenshot-20150731-234942.png][attachment=3183:screenshot-20150731-235105.png]Some solar system views: Earth, Io, Pluto and Charon. (would be nice to update the pluto views with the last pictures from NASA)

ReplyQuote
Arrakkh
(@arrakkh)
Senior Chief Registered

My last explorations. Including some nice "earthlike" worlds.

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

@Geraldine

And Nozmajner? Great build this month, I've been having lots of fun with it so my thanks to you and the dev team too, you guys are awesome!

Thansk, but I won't put myself that forward, the others put a lot more work in Pioneer than me. Although I slowly chipping away on my stuff, like a bulk ship and other ships and stuff to mention some, but that doesn't warrant your limelight. 😀

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

You are finding some amazing looking worlds!

ReplyQuote
Arrakkh
(@arrakkh)
Senior Chief Registered

the "earthlike" planet in system Aymi has some interesting features: It has 3 moons, and is orbiting in a triple star system. his surface almost never knows night. But there are often eclipses, in one of the screes I posted is clearly visible the shadow of one of the moons on the surface. The planet has not setllements, but there are in 2 of his 3 moons.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

@Geraldine

Thansk, but I won't put myself that forward, the others put a lot more work in Pioneer than me. Although I slowly chipping away on my stuff, like a bulk ship and other ships and stuff to mention some, but that doesn't warrant your limelight. 😀

nozmajner, all of you who give of yourselves each and every day to work on this great game is and always will be a hero in my books. All the way from Tomm himself to past and present contributors and that includes all you screenshot folks too. All of you are helping in your own ways to create and bring this awesome game to the masses out there who are desperate for an expansive fully newtonian spacesim. Without your efforts they would have very little to look forward too, so well done, well done to each and everyone of you!

Arrakkh is certainly quite the explorer. I think he may have some of Columbus's or perhaps Marco Polo's blood in his veins! Wonderful images once again Arrakkh and thank you. They are on deck!   

ReplyQuote
Arrakkh
(@arrakkh)
Senior Chief Registered

Of

nozmajner, all of you who give of yourselves each and every day to work on this great game is and always will be a hero in my books. All the way from Tomm himself to past and present contributors and that includes all you screenshot folks too. All of you are helping in your own ways to create and bring this awesome game to the masses out there who are desperate for an expansive fully newtonian spacesim. Without your efforts they would have very little to look forward too, so well done, well done to each and everyone of you!

Arrakkh is certainly quite the explorer. I think he may have some of Columbus's or perhaps Marco Polo's blood in his veins! Wonderful images once again Arrakkh and thank you. They are on deck! 

Of course I have some blood from Marco Polo and Colombo, as I'm italian too 🙂 

Seriously, I explore because is the only thing in pioneer I'm able to do, I 'm totally unable at combat!

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

We're looking for a selection of screenshots to update the webpage scroller.

There are some restrictions on the contents and format of these, namely:

• Pioneer content ONLY; no fancy skyboxes, mods or non-standard ships please.
  • 1440x900 resolution minimum, feel free to submit higher resolutions!
  • Show off a specific ship, planet, station, feature or just something really damned pretty/amazing.
  • Give permission when you post that we can redistribute the screenshot under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license

The scroller contains some seriously out-of-date screenshots. Until it was mentioned last night I hadn't realised just how old.

Help us out and your screenshots can be there until the next time we realise it needs updating 😉

Andy

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Ooooh I have competition for screenshots!   Seriously though Andy I think it's a great idea. Pioneer's own site does need a little sprucing up. Feel free to use that animated gif I made of the end of the Eclipse video if you want too Andy. Its back a page in this thread.

And speaking of screenshots since Andy needs some for this month I wont use any for ModDB. I've got plenty I can use on there already. Must take some shots of Scout Plus though since I will give walterar a bump too with the monthly update.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

We're looking for a selection of screenshots to update the webpage scroller.

These are my most recent ones... Not many. Do whatever you want with them.

https://app.box.com/s/qawmsc7i3b2tguygs0dop2yo109yefgn

https://app.box.com/s/f0itqdqshkaf5gz5vmjsnpp2jt4edpua

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

They are really nice Tichy!

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

@Geraldine, no need to hold off on using any screenshots, the more the merrier!

You do a fantastic job on the ModDB stuff and it's probably one of the primary ways that people discover us so keep it up please 🙂

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Thats very nice of you to say Andy but its you guys who deserve all the credit. I am just trying to help in my own little way.

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

@Geraldine: your little way is actually quite huge. 🙂

ReplyQuote
StanPancakes
(@stanpancakes)
Petty Officer Registered

My current findings in newest build (reposting a couple from another thread):

The eclipse as seen from the Nest. Probably everybody has seen it already, but it isn't less beautiful for it:

[attachment=3269:Screenshot from 2015-11-04 20-07-15.png][attachment=3270:Screenshot from 2015-11-04 20-11-16.png][attachment=3271:Screenshot from 2015-11-04 20-16-35.png]

Ewing's Dream (Aackand) - in the warm yellow light of that red dwarf, this world looks like a strange mix of Arrakis and the Moon:

[sharedmedia=coreScreenshot from 2015-11-03 21-41-04.png]

Phila - inhabited worlds are rather plain, but the brown dwarf is so close you can almost touch it:

[attachment=3267:Screenshot from 2015-11-03 22-47-16.png][attachment=3268:Screenshot from 2015-11-03 22-49-06.png]

ReplyQuote
impaktor
(@impaktor)
Pioneer Moderator

Wow, the first one is like "Everything with everything!", the last one makes me think of 2001 A Space Odyssey

ReplyQuote
Page 26 / 30