Notifications
Clear all

Also get access to over 60 free games in their trove of games, get 20 percent off all purchases and you can stop the subscription at anytime and keep all the games

Freedom Phone

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

I have never really been a huge fan of smartphones just because of how intrusive the apps can be on your privacy but like most everyone else I have one. But with all the drama that has been happening in the USA over the last 1-2yrs about the media and big tech telling us what we can see or do you could see this outcome coming......  Read article here: https://www.vice.com/en/article/bvxqxa/22-year-old-bitcoin-entrepreneur-announces-free-speech-phone-for-trump-fans

I like the concept if they stick too the whole freedom and no censorship thing, I might look into one of these new phones when the time comes to replace my own. I bet big tech kills this project out in some way 😉

This topic was modified 2 months ago by DarkOne

Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Not a 'freedom phone' exactly, but this degoogled phone will be my next purchase. I'll be my first mobile phone of any sort! Never had the need of one before, but I expect I'm going to need a vaccine passport of some sort this year, so it'll be used for that.

If that link shows no phone, select English/UK at top to see what I'm on about.

I dreamed I saw the silver spaceships flying, in the yellow haze of the sun
There were children crying and colors flying, all around the chosen ones
All in a dream, all in a dream, the loading had begun
Flying Mother Nature's silver seed to a new home...

ReplyQuote
Gaius Konstantine
(@gaius-konstantine)
Master Chief Reporter

Posted by: @sscadmin

I have never really been a huge fan of smartphones

And you are not alone. I spend enough time on PCs and the net as is, the only thing I want from a phone is to be able to make calls.

Big tech needs to be reigned in, similar to how the US dealt with certain companies at the turn of the 20th Century... too much power concentrated in way too few hands, is never a good thing

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @cody

Not a 'freedom phone' exactly, but this degoogled phone will be my next purchase.

I will definitely be looking into something like that, I have seen a few smartphone OS that seem promising but like the article points out we need more apps on their stores because google and apple have a huge stranglehold on the market when it comes too apps. And it would have to be a android based phone because at least you can install APKs so you don't really have a need for a phone, apple locks users down where they can only install from their store. 

Posted by: @gaius-konstantine

Big tech needs to be reigned in, similar to how the US dealt with certain companies at the turn of the 20th Century... too much power concentrated in way too few hands, is never a good thing

I agree 100% I have been reading the news over the last few months and these big tech firms are definitely censoring the people and they get away with it because of their 'Terms of Service' statement.... I mean Twitter banned Trump haha, if I was president at that time I would have used my powers to shut the company down for the sake of national security 🤣 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

It's the constant tracking by google et al that gets my goat! They'll be first against the wall when the revolution comes!

I dreamed I saw the silver spaceships flying, in the yellow haze of the sun
There were children crying and colors flying, all around the chosen ones
All in a dream, all in a dream, the loading had begun
Flying Mother Nature's silver seed to a new home...

ReplyQuote