Notifications
Clear all

Globalization & Americanization

ChillPenguin
(@chillpenguin)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Do you support globalization and Americanization? In other words, do you support the movement towards earth one day being under a single secular democratic government as has been depicted in science fiction media to great extent over the past century?

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Never going to happen, just because governments and leaders don't want to loose their power and religion won't allow this to happen. But would a single governing body be better? Who knows maybe, depending on the checks/balances in the government.

ReplyQuote
ChillPenguin
(@chillpenguin)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
Darkone wrote:
Never going to happen, just because governments and leaders don't want to loose their power and religion won't allow this to happen. But would a single governing body be better? Who knows maybe, depending on the checks/balances in the government.

I hope you don't mind me making all of these polls?

ReplyQuote
Braindead
(@braindead)
Master Chief Registered

I strongly support globalization because this should solve allot of problems. It is highly unlikely this will happen anytime soon because of religion and different points of view humanity has. I strongly feel against Americanization, because of the simple reason that the word alone is IMHO the complete opposite of globalization. I'm not insulting Americans here (at least not intentionally), but the term just rubs me the wrong way...

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

ChillPenguin wrote:
Do you support globalization and Americanization? In other words, do you support the movement towards earth one day being under a single secular democratic government as has been depicted in science fiction media to great extent over the past century?

Never happen just look at the EU, 27 member states and first time Europe been that united since the Roman empire. Result utter chaos, its not just a single currency you need but a single law code and single language and lets face it you never going to get the French to speak English. 😆 😆

ReplyQuote
Leafcutter
(@leafcutter)
Crewman Registered

globalisation is spelt with an 's' mate.

-LC-

ReplyQuote
ChillPenguin
(@chillpenguin)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
Leafcutter wrote:
globalisation is spelt with an 's' mate.

-LC-

Not according to Firefox's spell check or dictionaries.

ReplyQuote