Notifications
Clear all

Gun Control

ChillPenguin
(@chillpenguin)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Should guns be banned by Big Brother (the government)?

braddw25
(@braddw25)
Senior Chief Registered

No way. Gun ownership is not only protected by the constitution, but a very important part of our national heritage. Not to mention the fact that in the opinion of many they are a vital means of sulf defense for law abiding citizens. Enforce the laws we already have. We don't need any more gun laws. It would also be nice if our own government would not sell our firearms to drug lords in Mexico only to have them end up being used against our own border agents. The solution is not to restrict firearms from being used by law abiding citizens.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

braddw25 wrote:
The solution is not to restrict firearms from being used by law abiding citizens.

100% agree with that. Maybe that technology they are working on for biometrics will come true someday and least make it harder for non legit owners to have new guns at least and they will have to keep with the old. But any biometrics would be nice to prevent accidents from happening.

ReplyQuote
Spork
(@spork)
Crewman Registered

Protection against weapons is key when owning them, but I couldn't imagine living in a place where the government had them and you as a citizen couldn't own them...

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I cannot remember the article, but in Dec 2011 alone there was almost 500,000 background checks done by the FBI for gun license/permits for ownership. That should be a gauge on what people think about the economy in general, if people are desperate they are willing to to desperate things these days and people need to protect their homes and property. Especially they are laying off cops in some cities, so good for the gun business. I think the government would have a civil war on their hands if they ever tried to take the guns from the people and they know it.

ReplyQuote