Guns to be allowed ...

Notifications
Clear all

Guns to be allowed on Texas campuses

ChillPenguin
(@chillpenguin)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

This is wonderful news! Colleges and universities in Texas are allowing students to carry guns now, it's nice to know the system works from time to time. Now we need this to pass nation-wide. This will significantly decrease the number of school shootings as well as decrease the death count when such shootings do occur. Also, Arizona is loosening their gun laws to make it easier for all citizens to be properly armed. Today is a good day to live in America people. I bet the liberals who want to deny us our civil rights are pissed, but who cares about them.

Quote:
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Texas is preparing to give college students and professors the right to carry guns on campus, adding momentum to a national campaign to open this part of society to firearms.

More than half the members of the Texas House have signed on as co-authors of a measure directing universities to allow concealed handguns. The Senate passed a similar bill in 2009 and is expected to do so again. Republican Gov. Rick Perry, who sometimes packs a pistol when he jogs, has said he's in favor of the idea.

Texas has become a prime battleground for the issue because of its gun culture and its size, with 38 public universities and more than 500,000 students. It would become the second state, following Utah, to pass such a broad-based law. Colorado gives colleges the option and several have allowed handguns.

Supporters of the legislation argue that gun violence on campuses, such as the mass shootings at Virginia Tech in 2007 and Northern Illinois in 2008, show that the best defense against a gunman is students who can shoot back.

Read more: http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/201 ... guns_N.htm

cultist
(@cultist)
Master Chief Registered

Thank God, i want to move to USA now, my shooting skills are getting rusty and i want to practice some.

In campus.

Good thing they have weapons too, it will be a fair fight.

Teachers should be allowed kevlars though, its kind of hard to find a replacement, even in a big federation such as USA.

ReplyQuote