Notifications
Clear all

National Intelligence Council report for 2040

Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

If you've got the time to read it all, it doesn't predict a rosy future. All speculation, of course, but... PDF here

Oolite Naval Attaché

andrax_iON
(@andrax_ion)
Crewman Registered

Posted by: @cody

All speculation, of course, but... 

Mmm.. the Sherman Kent quote is elegant.

Almost too scared to read past the key themes; casting occasional scanners over Taiwan & the South China Sea.. 8~/

Ta for posting. 

Last known location : –64° 00′ 11.0528″

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I skimmed through a lot of this but I kind of already suspected its contents. It is very obvious the west will drop down a peg or two. Our govt thinks they can create money from nothing and expect there will be no consequences....? Stupid news says we are recovering but new jobless claims are 500-700k every week... and govt is wanting to try to implement a universal basic income.... ugh yes lets make our kids even more damn lazy by giving them money to sit at home. Its hard to see my country going to shit slowly, all I am hoping for now is the ability to retire because I have seen some co-workers man they have that zombie look and they are approaching 70yro and they say they not have enough. I definitely don't want that for me.

I do think the African and Asian countries will definitely surpass us on GDP and innovation before 2040. For instance I have been in the market for a huge ass TV and was looking into the brands and I never heard of TCL (china brand I believe) and wow their TVs are really good and the reviews are great for them and cheaper than the usual big brands (samsung, lg, sony) so tech will be a fight over the next few years.... especially since China is resource rich with the raw materials to what is used in electronics so if they decide to flex their muscles in that department they could squeeze everyone and produce products that are always cheaper than anyone else.

In the end briefly.... Our youth are unmotivated and think they are entitled this will be our downfall. We really haven't had a war that produced huge losses and give our countries adversity. The kids/young adults now really don't know what it is like to struggle. I think in the USA we need struggle to wake our asses up..... we didn't become a 1st world country by sitting on our asses.... this is why we will loose our 1st world country status. We are the most in-debt nation and we have a fragmented message, I will give a little tip of the cap to Trump, at least he tried to bring us together and try to generate pride. We have riots everyday and our press is the scum of the earth.

That's why I chill with my fellow pilots, your some of the most real people I know. Its nice to be on the edge of space where no one bothers us 🙂 This round of drinks are on me 🍻 

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Aye well - I'll be lucky to see 2030, let alone 2040!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Blah64
(@blah64)
Senior Chief Registered

Posted by: @sscadmin

I skimmed through a lot of this but I kind of already suspected its contents. It is very obvious the west will drop down a peg or two. Our govt thinks they can create money from nothing and expect there will be no consequences....? Stupid news says we are recovering but new jobless claims are 500-700k every week... and govt is wanting to try to implement a universal basic income.... ugh yes lets make our kids even more damn lazy by giving them money to sit at home. Its hard to see my country going to shit slowly, all I am hoping for now is the ability to retire because I have seen some co-workers man they have that zombie look and they are approaching 70yro and they say they not have enough. I definitely don't want that for me.

I do think the African and Asian countries will definitely surpass us on GDP and innovation before 2040. For instance I have been in the market for a huge ass TV and was looking into the brands and I never heard of TCL (china brand I believe) and wow their TVs are really good and the reviews are great for them and cheaper than the usual big brands (samsung, lg, sony) so tech will be a fight over the next few years.... especially since China is resource rich with the raw materials to what is used in electronics so if they decide to flex their muscles in that department they could squeeze everyone and produce products that are always cheaper than anyone else.

In the end briefly.... Our youth are unmotivated and think they are entitled this will be our downfall. We really haven't had a war that produced huge losses and give our countries adversity. The kids/young adults now really don't know what it is like to struggle. I think in the USA we need struggle to wake our asses up..... we didn't become a 1st world country by sitting on our asses.... this is why we will loose our 1st world country status. We are the most in-debt nation and we have a fragmented message, I will give a little tip of the cap to Trump, at least he tried to bring us together and try to generate pride. We have riots everyday and our press is the scum of the earth.

That's why I chill with my fellow pilots, your some of the most real people I know. Its nice to be on the edge of space where no one bothers us 🙂 This round of drinks are on me 🍻 

Some big boomer energy in this one.

Anyways:

- https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/countries-by-national-debt

- https://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/first-world.asp

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Posted by: @blah64

Some big boomer energy in this one.

How could you tell 😉

Nice link, was actually surprised with USA debit to gdp ratio against china.... they are 50% better than the USA according to this info. It would take a generation or two to get even close to that level. Doing a quick check online, the avg debt for a usa citizen (not counting mortgage) is about $33k ... I am in that average (damn car payment). 

I don't even want to speculate whats going to happen when the states/govt finally remove protections from renters and home owners who haven't paid their rents in months???

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Posted by: @cody

Aye well - I'll be lucky to see 2030, let alone 2040!

We have to make it too at least 2045.... they are talking that we should be able to singularity between humans and computers by that time where we could possibly download our consciousness into a computer and I guess from a non-spiritual aspect you would live forever (unless some erases your ass haha)

ReplyQuote
terihaa112
(@terihaa112)
Crewman Registered

In 2040, the international system is directionless, chaotic, and volatile as international rules and institutions are largely ignored by major powers such as China, regional players, and nonstate actors.

ReplyQuote