Notifications
Clear all

Ukraine

Page 4 / 4

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I remember listening on some youtube video that nato countries are allowed to assist any nation in fighting a conflict no matter if they are a nato member or not. But as both of you stated in doing so we are increasing the likelihood of this conflict expanding, which in my mind would be a mistake for the world. Sending main battle tanks to any country for assistance is a big sign of support and it tells Russia that everyone wants a war but instead of us fighting it we will use the Ukrainians to do it for us. And of course all of the press in all the countries will spin it in Ukraine's favor but in the end regardless of who wins Ukraine country will be just devastated.

The longer this war drags on the more pressure it puts on all the economies of the world. Can't wait for summer these oil prices are expensive for heating oil 😉 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Media is making a lot of noise about these German tanks and how it's going to change everything, so I was surprised to learn that the Turkish army lost a number of these tanks in Syria.

Apparently due to bad tactics and crew training, maybe the Ukrainians will do better. 

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Sending 10-30 tanks is NOT going to change the tide of any war.... haha you are 100% right that the media is hyping up the actions. Personally I think its a good way to get rid of old hardware the militaries have so they don't need to maintain them. When I was in a Bradley unit those tanks were pretty reliable but the unit spent thousands per week to keep their readiness state.

And what and how are the Ukrainians going to fix this hardware IF they get it 🙂  

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @sscadmin

Sending 10-30 tanks is NOT going to change the tide of any war

Agreed - hundreds are needed. Air cover too, I expect... which comes back to NATO/EU and how far they're prepared to go?

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I see that sleepy joe has popped up in Ukraine today.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

One year on! Didn't think it'd last that long, I must admit!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Down to the heroic defence of the Ukrainian's and the staggering incompetent of the Russian military.    

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Personally, I think NATO/EU/USA are just trying to drag this out by continuous support in the hopes that Russia gets sloppy and does something to a NATO asset/country so then that gives NATO countries the ability to make this conflict much bigger if they desire. IF (and its a big IF) China and Russia start helping each other with military tech/assets that could prove to escalate this conflict a bit more and then we will see how far countries are willing to go. We all know without support Ukraine will fall fairly quickly now, all this money these countries are giving out could do wonders helping the people of that given country 😉 

Its a shame that people cannot vote on these military conflicts...

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Escalation may come from another part of the world in the form of Iran and what are they getting in return for supplying weapons to Russia, if it turns out to be nuclear tec then will the Israeli sit back and watch them develop a bomb. 

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

If Iran developed a nuclear bomb, Israel wouldn't hesitate to launch pre-emptive strikes!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Splash one drone! Oh-oh!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

You have to wonder why they did not fly the drone closer to the sea as apparently this not the first time that the Russians have buzzed drones.

Be interesting to see the video of this.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Looks like Prigozhin might be finding that balcony soon, with what's going on in Russia. 

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Hard to be sure what is actually going on, but I bet his security detail are nervous!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Can't help but think this looks like some kind of theatre with Prigozhin slinking off to Belarus and maybe to fall off a balcony their ?.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Hmm... something like: "Here's a few million dollars, now piss off to Belarus. And by the way, we've got your family, so be a good boy!"

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Looks like Putin might be having a purge and who's next?.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Its kind of expected that a purge is coming since it looks like Putin was backstabbed by some people he trusted or least had a working relationship with. I am sure the governments of the world had a little hand in these recent actions, I think you touched on it Pinback.... money. But regardless of money eventually someone will get to you and give you a send off you didn't want 😉

All sides of this conflict is dragging it out...... why? That is the big question, why drag this conflict on for years if your Putin?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Posted by: @sscadmin

All sides of this conflict is dragging it out...... why? That is the big question, why drag this conflict on for years if your Putin?

Well his ten day special military operation went south in the first 24 hours of starting and nothing he has done in the last year and half has had any effect.

His only hope now is to drag the war out in the hope that the west will become tired of it and he is also hopping for a political change in the USA at the next elections.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4