What should happen ...

Notifications
Clear all

What should happen to US territories?

ChillPenguin
(@chillpenguin)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

What do you think should happen to American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Bajo Nuevo Bank, Baker Island, Howland Island, Jarvis Island, Johnston Atoll, Kingman Reef, Midway Atoll, Navassa Island, Palmyra Atoll, Serranilla Bank, and Wake Island?

braddw25
(@braddw25)
Senior Chief Registered

Interesting question. For the territories that are inhabited, I feel that it should be up to the people who live there as to what they want to happen with their status. If they are content to remain a territory, fine. IF they would like to pursue full statehood, we should entertain that notion, and if they decide they want to go off on their own and be independent like the Phillipines did, then that is what should happen. I Never really gave much thought to the uninhabited territories. I guess as long as nobody lives there and they serve a potential strategic importance like Midway for instance, then they should remain in US hands. I would be interested to hear what your thoughts are as well, ChillPenguin.

ReplyQuote