Notifications
Clear all

Greenlit (finally!)

Jabberwocky
(@jabberwocky)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Hiya Space Sim Centrallers,

I'm just dropping by to say that Salvation Prophecy finally got greenlit for release on Steam.  I am very happy about this.  🙂  I wanted to thank everyone around here who voted for the game on greenlight.  When Salvation Prophecy got greenlit, it had over 42,000 yes votes, and was #7 out of >1,400 games.

I'm not sure when the actual release date will be.  I have some business and tech stuff to take care of first to prepare the game for a Steam launch.

Over and out,

-Jabberwocky

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Congrats Jabberwocky, Salvation Prophecy definitely deserved to be greenlit. Are you making only Steam related changes or will people that purchase the steam release have some new patches or functionality coming their way? And I hope it sells enough to warrant a sequel 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Excellent news Jabberwocky richly deserved

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hope you get lots of new sales out of it Jabberwocky, your game totally deserves the exposure this will bring it, also I will derive a small measure of satisfaction from knowing "a certain game reviewer" was wrong to dismiss Salvation Prophecy!

Hope you will still consider GOG too further down the line.

ReplyQuote
Jabberwocky
(@jabberwocky)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Nice, 3 of my fav SSCers dropped by to say congrats!  Thanks guys.

DarkOne - I haven't been adding any new features to Salvation Prophecy since the initial launch - just fixing the rare bug or hardware/joystick incompatibility.  That's not because I didn't want to, but more because I had to pick up some contract coding work to pay the bills.  The smaller distributers like Desura have been awesome, but they're just not big enough to make a living off of.  If the game rocks out on Steam, I'll definitely throw on my indie game dev hat, and start working on my own stuff again.

Geraldine - for sure, I'd love to release on GOG.  I really respect their stance on DRM.  Now that I've been greenlit, they're the only distributor I've dealt with who haven't accepted the game.  I just noticed yesterday you posted on a "Game wish list:  Salvation Prophecy" post over on GOG - thanks for that!  If there are any other GOGers around, here's the link:

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/salvation_prophecy

About reviewers - I think I know which one you're talking about.  😉  Most reviews of Salvation Prophecy have been quite positive.  And to be honest, I'm ok with a negative review - not all people like the same kind of games.  I did take a lot of risks with Salvation Prophecy which might not sit well with everyone.  The only thing that bugs me is when a reviewer so misrepresents the game that it is obvious they didn't really take the time to play it. 

It's all part of the interesting and crazy life of making indie games.  🙂

ReplyQuote
Neagoth
(@neagoth)
Senior Chief Registered

Congrats Jabberwocky, i know i voted for you and when i seen the post about the greenlit games i was happy when i seen Salvation Prophecy had been 🙂

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

Congratullations Jabberwocky. Also voted, for GoG distribution.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Geraldine - for sure, I'd love to release on GOG.  I really respect their stance on DRM.  Now that I've been greenlit, they're the only distributor I've dealt with who haven't accepted the game.

Oops, I forgot that they turned the game down. Sorry about that Jabberwocky, still, lets do hope they re-consider. After all, I remember how some reviewers hated Deus Ex when it first came out and that in turn influenced distributors of the time too. They were incorrect then and they are incorrect now. The Greenlight can only strengthen the case for the game and GOG have proven in the past that they will listen to their customers/supporters. So yes, please vote folks.

ReplyQuote
Jabberwocky
(@jabberwocky)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Cool, making a bit of noise on the GOG forums, plus landing steam greenlight might just make the difference.  Thanks, you guys are awesome. 🙂

ReplyQuote