Notifications
Clear all

Also get access to over 60 free games in their trove of games, get 20 percent off all purchases and you can stop the subscription at anytime and keep all the games

Some new screenshots

Jabberwocky
(@jabberwocky)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Hi Space Sim Centralers!

Development update: The game is now undergoing an internal beta.

Some new screenshots:

stellar_planet_nebula.jpg

planet_jalakar_1.jpg

planet_jalakar_2.jpg

planet_jalakar_3.jpg

planet_sareel_1.jpg

planet_sareel_2.jpg

stellar_drone_station.jpg

planet_zoul_1.jpg

planet_zoul_2.jpg

planet_zoul_3.jpg

stellar_sun_planet_wormhole.jpg

If you get a chance, drop by the Salvation Prophecy forums and say hi. I'd love to have a little more traffic around there.

http://www.salvationprophecy.com/forum/index.php

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Screenshots are looking great Jabberwocky and nice to know your into beta phase now. I think the art style is great for salvation prophecy, it must keep your art team members busy 🙂

What are those gold spheres?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator

Great screen shots Jabberwocky 😎

Are you using a new graphic engine as they look different to the old ones. ❓

ReplyQuote
Jabberwocky
(@jabberwocky)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  
PINBACK wrote:
Are you using a new graphic engine as they look different to the old ones. ❓

Hey PINBACK,

Same graphics engine. Just some art updates, and more time refining the artwork and lighting.

I'm glad you notice a difference - hopefully it's better. 🙂

Hey DarkOne,

Thanks for the kind words on the art style. It's particularly nice to hear because there are actually no full-time artists on the team (can't afford it), so largely I've just done what I can myself, and contracted out everything else. Getting art from many different people and sources, without having the artists working together in the same place is a huge challenge for the art direction. And I am not an artist by trade, so it took a lot of effort to make everything look somewhat consistent.

Those gold spheres are just part of the decor of the planet. They look pretty neat in game - the texture sort of swirls and changes as you watch them. It was just an idea I had to give the landscape a splash of colour with something that looks kind of alien and freaky.

ReplyQuote
Kaesho
(@kaesho)
Petty Officer Registered

Recently signed up to these forums and will sign up to yours as well. This looks like a great game, looking forward to it!

ReplyQuote
Jabberwocky
(@jabberwocky)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Welcome Kaesho!

Thanks for signing up over at the SP forums too. I appreciate getting some extra discussion over there.

ReplyQuote