Notifications
Clear all

Alien 5

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

So Alien 5 has been greenlit http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/alien-5/34187/alien-5-neill-blomkamp-sequel-officially-greenlit with Neil Blomkamp to direct.

And it look like granny Ripley back in the form of Sigourney Weaver no doubt killing aliens with her zimmer frame, even more surprising is that Hick's may be back as well. Maybe they are just going to pretend that Alien3 and Resurrection never happened, bit like Dallas

Gunbladelad
(@gunbladelad)
Master Chief Registered

I thought that Ridley Scott claimed that the Xenomorphs in the series was going to be no more as he was more interested in exploring the aspects of the "Engineers" (Despite what Ridley says, I still maintain that the "Pilot" in the original movie wasn't an Engineer - last I checked space suits don't fossilize - In the film & novel - which included unused sections of the script - the Pilot was completely fossilized)

Still, here's hoping that it's better than just Sigourney Weaver wanting to make a quick buck - and has a decent storyline handing the reins to someone young enough to do any future movies.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Different film series, Scot talking about Prometheus and as Prometheus 2 has also been given the go ahead we are now getting two films in the in the Alien cannon, another prequel and this one.

Talking of handing the reins to some one younger, was that not supposed to happen with the Winona Ryder character from Alien Resurrection?.

ReplyQuote
Gunbladelad
(@gunbladelad)
Master Chief Registered

|You could argue that they attempted that with both of the AvP2 movies as well...

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Tend to think this Alien 5 film might just turn out to a be cash in given that what is left of the cast are over or approaching 60 years old.

And where are they going with the film story given that Riply died at the end of Alien 3 and then another 200 years past before the events in Resurrection happened and how does Hicks end up their.

ReplyQuote
Overlord
(@overlord)
Master Chief Registered

Hicks better not be alive. Resurrection pushed it far enough with Ripley, but Hicks? Why not just bring Newt back too..

ReplyQuote
Lexa Stanton
(@lexa-stanton)
Crewman Registered

I am looking forward to it, and somehow I found myself alone in my entourage to have like prometheus and to be generally excited about the follow up of one if not THE best franchise of all time.

ReplyQuote