Notifications
Clear all

Crest of the Stars

JGZinv
(@jgzinv)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

There a heavily spaces based anime known as Crest of the Stars and it's

later chapters Banner of the Stars that I thought the folks here might be interested in.

Originally a several novel series, it became an anime about 10 years ago. In short here's the plot from

Wikipedia:

Quote:
Crest of the Stars and Banner of the Stars (series I and II) follow Jinto Lynn, a young count whose world is taken over by the space-dwelling race of the Abh. When Jinto was a young boy, his father, Rock Lynn, under threat of invasion, handed over their world, Martine, to the Abh in exchange for a position within Abh society. Young Jinto is sent off to school to learn the ways of Abh nobility and the story of Crest of the Stars picks up as he meets the young Abh princess, Lafiel as they are about to travel to military school for Jinto's further training.

However, in the midst of their travels, Lafiel and Jinto (along with the Abh ship Gothlauth, aka Gosroth) find themselves at the very beginnings of a war between the Abh Empire and the Four Nations Alliance of humankind—an anti-Abh alliance of the democratic nations of the United Mankind, the Federation of Hania, the Republic of Greater Alcont, and the People's Sovereign Union of Planets.

It's got a strong sort of space drama between the main characters, but there's quite a bit a depth to

the space battles and how they are thought out. Unlike many shows it's not about who's got the bigger stick,

but about how you use what little you've got. The author even developed a full spoken and written language for

use in his books. It is well dubbed.. although the subs aren't hard to find either.

Unfortunately youtube and the like don't have any decent videos, so you'll have to make do with this.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I just checked Netflix and they have both series and Banner of the Stars II series. Only on disc though no streaming yet. I will add this to my queue and watch it eventually. Thanks JGZinv.

ReplyQuote
frank
(@frank)
Petty Officer Registered

I like to watch sci-fi movies and this is the best movie ever.I have watch it out online.I like it.

ReplyQuote