Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Danger Will Robinson.

Anonymous

😎    :O           

... OMG OMG OMG OMG ... OOOOMMMMMGGGG!!

This is one of my favourite novels from my teenage years.

OMG I'm so happy .... I think I'm going to cry :')

ReplyQuote
LancerSolurus
(@lancersolurus)
Senior Chief Registered

I can't wait, this is one of my all time favorite books! Hope they don't screw it up.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Guess it's weird that I never heard of it ? 🙂  Well, the trailer does seem really cool !

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Never read the book myself, the trailer looks good but it might turn out to be brats in space.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I have this book on my desk right now and was going to read it since my daughter said it was excellent. I will read the book before I watch this movie, I did read one of the graphic novels for the Enders Game series and it was quite good.

ReplyQuote
Pyros
(@pyros)
Master Chief Registered

Never read the book myself, the trailer looks good but it might turn out to be brats in space.

While the book inital story outline did make me a bit cautious, it more than delivered. Yes, it is about a "child's world", but a very harsh vision of it.

Regardless, I still find the Speaker for the Dead follow-up (there were more, with one subseries about Ender's "friends") to be better.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

In November 2010, Card stated that the film's storyline would be a fusion of Ender's Game and its parallel novel, Ender's Shadow,

I've not read Ender's Shadow - that was written a long time after Ender's Game.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I have Wesley Crusher syndrome every time I see kids in a scifi film 

Guess a lot will depend on how well they handle the story.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

I have Wesley Crusher syndrome every time I see kids in a scifi film

<sniggers>

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
LancerSolurus
(@lancersolurus)
Senior Chief Registered

Orson Scott Card is one of my favorite authors, this particular book was one of his best. They kinda gave away the ending already in the video which in the book you don't find out about until the end of the story. If you like reading sci-fi, it is well worth reading.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

2nd trailer

ReplyQuote
Amorzka
(@amorzka)
Crewman Registered

Sad book written a religious homophobe.

Nothing new here - eww - bugs invade Earth and instead of the military leaders we have supposedly trained for this occurance, we send children. Lot of sense there.

If you read between the lines you'll see this is a pedophiles' paradise where children are put into adult roles to fulfill the twisted fantasies of the author

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Best description of this film is two hours of tedium.

ReplyQuote
DiabloTigerSix
(@diablotigersix)
Master Chief Registered

We were choosing between this and Thor: The Dark World to watch in Cinema. In the end we chose Thor, but that movie turned out to be meh :/

ReplyQuote
icolecthings
(@icolecthings)
Crewman Registered

Sad book written a religious homophobe.

Nothing new here - eww - bugs invade Earth and instead of the military leaders we have supposedly trained for this occurance, we send children. Lot of sense there.

If you read between the lines you'll see this is a pedophiles' paradise where children are put into adult roles to fulfill the twisted fantasies of the author

I think you need a history refresher, in nearly every war dated from 17th century to present day children have played an active role, gathering intel, spotting spies, used as human bombs, pointing out plaws in battle plans while on holiday with there army parents, on tour of military facilities with their class. ( no one shoots at children, they befriend them.) As for the pedophile undertone of the book , I would sugest you look in the merror and ask yourself when did I get so jaded.

(Transmition received by SETI Oct18 2014 (We are coming) Origin, Orions Belt.)

ReplyQuote
theAntiBob
(@theantibob)
Petty Officer Registered

I actually stopped waiting in anxious anticipation for this movie to FINALLY be released back in 2008 or so after closely following progress since the early 2000s.

This is an EXCELLENT novel expanded from a short story. The "Shadow" series is also VERY good, though while attempting to replace my copies of the series (which were destroyed in a flooding incident) I discovered there are several newer books in the series that I still haven't read. You can easily skip the other 3 "Ender" books (Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide and Children of the Mind) as they are somewhat unrelated and (in my opinion) not particularly good. Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow are MUST READS.

Ender's Game single handedly ruined all other novels for me back around 1990 or so... and i'm 33. I've probably only made it through about 6-7 novels since then without punching out 3/4 of the way through. It is also directly responsible for sparking my interest in multiplayer gaming, which has grown into a raging inferno rivaling the intensity of a type O blue giant. Thank you, battleroom!

I actually thought the movie was pretty decent. (shhhh.... don't tell anybody)

Orson Scott Card did epic amounts of historical research on warfare while writing the first few "Shadow" books, inspiring me to read "Makers of Modern Strategy: From Machiavelli to the Nuclear Age"

The interesting thing about this book (Ender's Game) is that it is not really a typical SciFi novel, but is actually a story about relationships, alliances and societal self-identification. A master of dialogue, he is. Also, if you read between the lines, you'll see anything YOU want.

OSC fans MUST play Lucas Arts/Film Games' title "The DIG"

Written by Spielberg, produced by Lucas, dialogue by Orson Scott Card. Need I say more?

ReplyQuote
CrossDressiNate
(@crossdressinate)
Senior Chief Registered

The movie wasn't bad. it was just boring.

ReplyQuote