Notifications
Clear all

Falling Skies

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Came across this new TV show that will be coming out in June called Falling Skies.

What is it about?

Quote:

FALLING SKIES opens in the chaotic aftermath of an alien attack that has left most of the world completely incapacitated. In the six months since the initial invasion, the few survivors have banded together outside major cities to begin the difficult task of fighting back. Each day is a test of survival as citizen soldiers work to protect the people in their care while also engaging in an insurgency campaign against the occupying alien force.

Here is the trailer for it and I will be adding this one to the watch list.

shadmar
(@shadmar)
Warrant Officer Registered

Wow, looks great 🙂

ReplyQuote
LadynightShade
(@ladynightshade)
Master Chief Registered

ohhh a new Science fiction tv show nice its about time somebody did a new one 🙄 i will be watching too

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Steve Spielberg is going to be producing it so we'll see how it comes out. The TV show has a 'V' feel to it, but i'm sure the production value will be better than 'V'.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

I tend to like scifi which is set in the future and which has some space travel in it. Theses present day scfi show never really appeal to me much.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

I have to agree with Pinback on this one 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

yeah I agree to but with no one putting these types of show out I guess we have to take what we are given. Maybe BSG: Blood & Chrome will meet the needs? http://www.slashfilm.com/new-battlestar ... od-chrome/

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Darkone wrote:
yeah I agree to but with no one putting these types of show out I guess we have to take what we are given. Maybe BSG: Blood & Chrome will meet the needs? http://www.slashfilm.com/new-battlestar ... od-chrome/

Looks good and if they return to the action the early BSG series. 😎

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

The season finally is this weekend and they will also be playing all the episodes back to back to get everyone caught up. I think the show has been progressively improving each week and is starting to get really good. I don't like the time slot it is in so I hope that doesn't effect the renewing it for season 2?

Will be interested in knowing what the deal is with the new aliens we saw and the fact that skitters are probably different species other than what we are seeing, basically a slave race for them to use.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Anyone watch that 2hr premier the other night? It was really good and probably better than all the other seasons up until now, I think they just needed time to build the story and characters and now its going to get interesting.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I thought it was rather mediocre and extremely predictable..

Also, I thought the acting of some of the actors was pretty darn bad.. ._. ..not to mention it felt rather repetitive by the time I was midway through season 2.

So I stopped watching and instead rewatched Babylon 5.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

So I stopped watching and instead rewatched Babylon 5.

A quality choice (For the first four seasons at least).

ReplyQuote
DiabloTigerSix
(@diablotigersix)
Master Chief Registered

A quality choice (For the first four seasons at least).

Season 4 is where the problems began. Originally, it was supposed to be focused around the Shadow war almost exclusively whereas the war against Clark was meant to occupy the first half of the season 5.

Unfortunately, WB threatened JMS that there would be no season 5 at all so he crammed everything into season 4. The Shadow war finale felt rushed and ended prematurely, the war against Clark turned out okay, but the season 5 was literally about nothing until the Centauri-Drakh plot fired up in the final episodes the end.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I thought the ending to this past year was pretty good and setting it up for something good. And technically the fourth season hasn't started yet it starts in Summer 2014.

ReplyQuote
DiabloTigerSix
(@diablotigersix)
Master Chief Registered

Well, I was talking about Babylon 5, haha 😀

ReplyQuote