Notifications
Clear all

I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4

Freaked OUT!

GUNSMIF
(@gunsmif)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I watched `The Road` last night, a film set in the Apocalypse of a world wide natural disaster where the most of remaining population have turned to cannibalism due to the near none existence of food remaining. the story follows a father(strider from lord of the rings)and 10yr old son trying to survive in the ravaged world and trying to find food and some thing, anything like civilization and avoid the gangs of roaming cannibals.

A excellent movie, but be warned! its a harsh and depressing view of survival after the collapse of society that will leave you haunted and rather unsettled. it freaked me out and i soon decided i didn't like it, but after, thinking about it, that's what the film wants you to feel and as a result adds merit to the films well made sad gritty story, production and direction.

Not for every one, but leaves you with a prevailing sense of gratefulness to what you do have. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

This must be really new because my Netflix doesn't have a DVD/BR release date for it? I did have it in my queue already though ๐Ÿ™‚

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

farcodev wrote:
It's one of the best pos-apo movie, a tricky blend between Threads and Road to Perdition.

If you liked this one i recommend you to watch Threads, it's a bit old but it gives you a good punch in your face.

Good call there farcodev! I was going to suggest Threads there until I saw your post. So here is another, When The Wind Blows cartoon bothered me a bit as a teenager growing up in the early 80's. It really rammed hope the message of the UK government's civilian "preparations" for nuclear attack. The bottom line? We are all screwed! ๐Ÿ™„

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Netflix doesn't have Threads ๐Ÿ™ Never seen this one.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi Darkone

If I remember correctly, Threads was made by the BBC in the 1980s. This was a time they used to make great programs instead of the pap they push on TV licence payers these days. ๐Ÿ˜ก Yes that's right for those who don't know, in the UK you have to buy a TV licence, just for the privilege of watching the rubbish they make these days; it might be ad free, but its still rubbish. If you don't have one you can be taken to court and fined! ๐Ÿ˜ก

Anyways, perhaps they should put it up in BBC iplayer, but I wouldn't put up much hope of that. The BBC has a massive archive to draw upon, but for some reason known only to themselves, they rarely dip into it. ๐Ÿ™

ReplyQuote
GUNSMIF
(@gunsmif)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Quote:
Yes that's right for those who don't know, in the UK you have to buy a TV licence, just for the privilege of watching the rubbish they make these days; it might be ad free, but its still rubbish. If you don't have one you can be taken to court and fined! ๐Ÿ˜ก

Erm... yeah Ive kinda got in trouble about the tv license thing before. TOO EXPENSIVE!!! ๐Ÿ˜ก ๐Ÿ˜ก ๐Ÿ˜ก

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I didn't know that at all. So each individual has to purchase a TV viewing license (per month)? So it's kinda like paying for cable/satellite or do I have it wrong ๐Ÿ™‚

But if it is like a tax to just watch your own tv that is rubbish.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Darkone wrote:
I didn't know that at all. So each individual has to purchase a TV viewing license (per month)? So it's kinda like paying for cable/satellite or do I have it wrong ๐Ÿ™‚

But if it is like a tax to just watch your own tv that is rubbish.

Basically Darkone, you are correct. If you own a TV, it matters not if it is set up for cable or satellite. You still have to pay over รƒฦ’ร†โ€™รƒโ€ รขโ‚ฌ™รƒฦ’ร‚ยขรƒยขรขโ‚ฌลกร‚ยฌรƒโ€ฆร‚ยกรƒฦ’ร†โ€™รƒยขรขโ€šยฌร…ยกรƒฦ’รขโ‚ฌลกรƒโ€šร‚ยฃ140 for a colour TV licence. Some of that money goes directly to the BBC and some (although the Government doesn't like to advertise this fact) goes directly to the Westminster money pit. If you have cable ect, you have to pay extra for that on top of the TV licence. Living in the UK is expensive. I think we are some of the most taxed people on Earth. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Warrant Officer Registered

Quote:
think we are some of the most taxed people on Earth.

lol, well not quite but it does certainly feel that way on occasion! ๐Ÿ™‚ I completely share your pain, however, with the TV tax - "the unique way the BBC is funded" (a selling point used in more than one of the corporations' adverts). I'd be more appreciative of the BBC if I had any choice whatsoever in paying for it. And they get very hard-line about anyone who refuses to pay, basically threatening them with huge fines and all sorts of legal action. Still, a few people do and get away with it successfully - any year now I may find myself joining their ranks... ๐Ÿ˜Ž

ReplyQuote
GUNSMIF
(@gunsmif)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I hate them!they come to your home banging on the door like their the police! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ a guy once had a custom built monitor that was incapable of picking up the BBC frequency so he could not watch BBC....Yeah, they came round and fined him and when he didnt pay they threatend him with jail!

ReplyQuote
prime
(@prime)
Crewman Registered

This movie I thought portraits well what would happen with people, people going into gangs and teaming up to hunt down food (people, woman and children mostly). It is probably very accurate in portraying MALES as being the offending party for the most part. The movie is all ok it has a happy ending just a tuff road it travels.

Moral of the story, if the world ends, eat the bad guys so they can't eat others. Oh and don't have fricken children ok, there is almost 7 billion other people you can eat in these trying times!! ๐Ÿ™‚

๐Ÿ˜†

ReplyQuote
Madtoaster55
(@madtoaster55)
Petty Officer Registered

Geraldine wrote:
This was a time they used to make great programs instead of the pap they push on TV licence payers these days.(

Ahem. Ashes to Ashes. You cannot say that is not good.

Anyways, on topic, I read the synopsis of this book and ran away crying. Dont wanna watch the film.

ReplyQuote