Notifications
Clear all

Mars

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Just finished watching this 6 episode series on Netflix and it is pretty good at covering what our journey to Mars would possibly be like, looks like it was produced by National Geographic

They mix it commentary from pioneers and they also have a story based narrative.

This topic was modified 4 years ago by DarkOne

Topic Tags
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Looks good but I'm always in two minds as to weather theses sorts of series should be a straight science based one or more of a docudrama.

ReplyQuote
D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
Warrant Officer Registered

Must admit I'm with Pinback on this one. To begin with the astronauts in "Mars" feel a bit too amateur IMHO. I really preferred "The Martian", although it's certainly not the same budget to be honest! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

One docudrama done by the BBC a few years ago called the space race, which I think works pretty well. Where you have a narration covering events shown in the docudrama, it in 4 parts and you can find them all on YouTube.

ReplyQuote
D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
Warrant Officer Registered

Just watched the first part and I liked it a lot, thanks 🙂
To be fair to "Mars" I'd say that anticipation is probably more difficult than historical reconstitution though.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Netflix just released a second season of this, so I started watching it. It's only 6 episodes but its pickup after 5yrs of being on Mars, should be interesting. So if you have't watched this I recommend you should its actually a really good tv show documentary on possible life on Mars.

ReplyQuote