Notifications
Clear all

Oblivion

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Saw this trailer recently and it looks pretty good, least the movie concept seems sound.

Blurb of what the movie is about:

JACK HARPER (CRUISE) IS ONE OF THE LAST FEW DRONE REPAIRMEN STATIONED ON EARTH. PART OF A MASSIVE OPERATION TO EXTRACT VITAL RESOURCES AFTER DECADES OF WAR WITH A TERRIFYING THREAT KNOWN AS THE SCAVS, JACK’S MISSION IS NEARLY COMPLETE.

LIVING IN AND PATROLLING THE BREATHTAKING SKIES FROM THOUSANDS OF FEET ABOVE, HIS SOARING EXISTENCE IS BROUGHT CRASHING DOWN WHEN HE RESCUES A BEAUTIFUL STRANGER FROM A DOWNED SPACECRAFT. HER ARRIVAL TRIGGERS A CHAIN OF EVENTS THAT FORCES HIM TO QUESTION EVERYTHING HE KNOWS AND PUTS THE FATE OF HUMANITY IN HIS HANDS.

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

I'm very excited about this movies. The visuals are stunning, the story sounds cool and actors are good ... pretty much everything I could like in a movie.

ReplyQuote
traker
(@traker)
Petty Officer Registered

Looks good, even with tom cruise in it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Another one to keep a looks for.

ReplyQuote
shadmar
(@shadmar)
Warrant Officer Registered

Yeah going to watch this.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I haven't watched a movie in IMAX yet but I might for this film because the visuals look great and there is supposed to be a graphic novel getting released soon as well.

ReplyQuote
shadmar
(@shadmar)

Just watched this one, really nice eyecandy for the scfi eye, somewhat thin storyline, but you'll be suprised anyway.

Enjoyable.

ReplyQuote
NevilClavain
(@krakoukass)

Saw it last friday. Not bad at all, but there's some weird stuff in the scenario

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Yup, I saw it last night at the cinema. Although I felt the general spirit in the crowd was "meh" I for one really liked it. Those other people are probably just mindless drones who don't like a movie unless it's full of hot sex scenes and bullets flying everywhere.

If you're a sci fi fan, well then this movie is really cool, it's interesting, the graphics are just awesome, the storyline keeps you wondering "what's going on?" for at least the first half of the movie, so all in all I don't regret buying two tickets to see it even thou I ended up seeing it alone 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Just watch it on DVD, enjoyed it couple of unexpected turns in the story and a good performance from both Cruise and Freeman.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Watched Oblivion tonight and I liked it and the story had a Matrix vibe to it. Besides Jack Reacher this is probably one of his better films in recent years. And I think they did good on making just one movie and not really leaving it open for a second. Hate it how most movies houses try to leave story lines open for sequels. But good movie and the special fx were good, those drones can really lay the smack down 🙂

ReplyQuote