Star Trek: Prelude ...

Notifications
Clear all

Star Trek: Prelude to Axanar

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Probably only of interest to Star Trek fans is this Kickstarter for an short film about the battle of Axanar  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/194429923/star-trek-prelude-to-axanar?ref=live What stand out about this is the cast. 😎 it only has another two days or so to run but has already gone way over the orginal $10K target and now stand at over $63,000.

And look who doing the effects for it anyone familiar with the Amiga will know Tobias Richter

Website http://startrekaxanar.com/

"Prelude to Axanar" is a short film that will lead into, and act as a primer to, the feature length "Axanar".

c8a6b41e4492d8864f6a16c59c5737e1_large.p

PLEASE NOTE:  We reached our $ 50,000 stretch goal!  We are fully funded the way we need to be to execute Prelude to Axanar. We now have a $ 60,000 stretch goal!

Prelude to Axanar is a short film that will give viewers a historical look at the events leading up to the Battle of Axanar, the central event of the film Axanar, to be filmed later this year.  Shot like a History Channel special, Prelude to Axanar will be Star Trek like you have never seen it before, showing the central characters of Axanar giving both a historical and personal account of the war.  How did Starfleet build its fleet?  How did they hold off a Klingon fleet that had been conquering star systems for centuries?  What role did the various founding planets play in Starfleet? Why were the Constitution class ships so important to Starfleet? How did Garth of Izar come to be regarded as the greatest Starfleet Captain of his time?

This Kickstarter is for Prelude to Axanar, which we will film at the beginning of May.  The Kickstarter for  Prelude will pay for the actors, the make-up, visual effects and actual filming costs. The resulting film will be about 20 minutes and also produce about half a dozen vignettes of the characters talking about different subjects.

Prelude to Axanar will then allow us to launch into Axanar having proven our ability to deliver professional quality Star Trek.  There will be a subsequent Kickstarter for the feature-length "Axanar".

The Axanar team is determined to make the first true independent Star Trek film. 

THE STARS OF PRELUDE TO AXANAR

Prelude to Axanar features some well known actors portraying both new and familiar characters in the Star Trek universe.

e9073c7ff92281152225828df9b33a92_large.jRichard Hatch as Kharn, the Klingon Supreme Commander

561fb406e25b9e91d4a593fdbff121e6_large.jMichael Hogan As Captain Robert April

8f53d7434908b669beacc4512697ca21_large.jJG Hertzler as Captain Samuel Travis

dad7fc415d7038b660c1cd78117f11cf_large.jGary Graham as Soval, Vulcan Ambassador to the Federation

THE VISUAL EFFECTS OF AXANAR

Prelude to Axanar has the amazing talents of Tobias Richter, one of the top Visual Effects artists in the world.  What you have seen in our videos is all Tobias and his crew.

ExpandingMan
(@expandingman)
Warrant Officer Registered

Normally I ignore these sorts of things, but the fact that these are actors who are (at least so it seems) working steadily intrigues me.  (Not that there aren't good actors out there without steady work, but it gives the impression of being a little more than just a fan film.)  The CGI looks quite good, and it definitely looks like they made those models specifically for this project.

There was something about the way that Michael Hogan delivered his lines in BSG that I found absolutely enthralling...

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Not a big Trekkie myself but have been thinking at going in on the $15.00 tier as I would like to keep up with it if they go on to do the feature film.

ReplyQuote