StarWars original v...

Notifications
Clear all

StarWars original version

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

for some reason last weekend I decided that I wanted to watch the original version of StarWars from 77 and not the monkeyed around special edition, after a quick google I found that they only version is on the 2006 Blu-ray release of the special edition of StarWars, but by all accounts not good version. It's really annoying that you can't get the film in any modern formats and you think the mouse house would have put something out, given that their are a group of fans trying to do their own hi def version of the film. 

So I remembered that I have a VHS tape of the film, which must have been bought in the late 90s as says on the box " original StarWars available for the last time". And I still have a VCR, luckily it has a scart connector on it so I should be able to connect it up to the TV. So I'm going to try watching a 22 year old tape on 20+ years player, that if I can find the scart cable for it.   

Topic Tags
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

On my last move all my vhs tapes hit the landfill... I should have transferred all those movies too digital media. I try to do searches for movies from 20-30+ yrs ago and it is very hard to find them in today's format. Its a shame, there is some movies I loved and would like my kids to see but its not on any streaming services or blu-ray. Trying not to buy DVDs any more.

Good Luck @Pinback with the playback... hopefully its viewable. I thought they released the old starwars on a blu-ray collection package? I will have to do some digging.

Do you have access to Ebay where you are, you can find a lot of rare cables and connectors there.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Found the scart cable, had forgotten how chunky theses cables are and the film work although it does now look a bit low def. Will have to try Empire now as it an even older tape.

Their is a version of the film on Blu-ray but by all accounts it not a good transfer.

ReplyQuote