Notifications
Clear all

The best sci-fi movies/series/anime

Page 2 / 2

Bullwinkle
(@bullwinkle)
Warrant Officer Registered

Shant wrote:
Thoroughly enjoying Farscape, bullwinkle. Just thought I'd let you know and say thanks again. How many seasons did they make? These must've been very expensive shows to produce, especially for a network like the sci-fi channel. Very surprised they made as many episodes as they did in just the first season. I've already watched 7 or 8 episodes and there's nearly 30 more left to go!

Hi, Shant. Good to see you back! I am glad that you are enjoying Farscape.

There were four seasons of Farscape, plus the Peacekeeper Wars mini-series.

Yes, I imagine it was expensive. If you visit Farscape.com you will find that it is hosted by the Jim Henson Company. It would not surprise me if they played a major role in funding Farscape.

Off topic: Did you continue with the Crossfire mod for Freelancer? I have been playing it for a month, and am in the third Sector now (Sirius, Altair, Inner Cloud). All I can say is, "wow". And that is a huge understatement! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Yeah I did continue with the mod for quite a while. I figure I got about half-way through the game. I eventually got to a battle where I was literally in a dog-fight with one enemy for almost half an hour so I quit and haven't picked it up since. He wouldn't come straight at me long enough to hit him with more than a few shots, he'd just break away and make another round while his shield charged back up. The problem wasn't with my loadout either, I had very powerful weapons and shields. I could've used the editor and equipped guns that would've shot down enemies with just a few shots I suppose, but I made a commitment after a certain point not to cheat anymore because it was taking the fun out of the game.

Also, I stuck with 1.7 instead of 1.8. The main reason I went with crossfire was because you spoke of another mission added to the end...mission 13 was it? Anyway, right before I was about to switch over to 1.8 I read a post where you said they took out that mission in place of somekind of puzzle, which didn't sound appealing.

I will pick it back up though, I'm hoping that encounter was just somekind of fluke.

ReplyQuote
Songbird
(@songbird)
Senior Chief Registered

Hhhhmmmm...

Movies:

Serenity, The American Astronaut, The Fifth Element

TV:

Firefly, Battlestar G. (new), Starhunter (some of the old &new anyways)

Anime:

Cowboy Beebop

ReplyQuote
samchn07
(@samchn07)
Crewman Registered

let me clear there is no one who firstly get master in any place in the world , even i was the same like you to play my life as i wanna be. There are some of the best sci-fi movies you may like to watch:

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)

Alien (1979)

WALL·E (2008)

A Clockwork Orange (1971)

Aliens (1986)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)

Back to the Future (1985)

Metropolis (1927)

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Shant wrote:
Thoroughly enjoying Farscape,

Did you know that Farscape also has its very own game? A squad based shooter, made here in Scotland no less if my memory serves. Here is some screen shots http://uk.gamespot.com/farscape-the-game/images/196595

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Farscape a great series, pity it was canned.

The game not that great but if you’re a fan of the series you might get some enjoyment out of it.

Pick up season 4 of Enterprise on DVD, didn’t see all of it when it shown on TV a few years back. Another series which got canned just when it was getting good.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2