Notifications
Clear all

The Walking Dead

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

I'm not sure if you would classify zombie shows/movies under science fiction but I think it is close 🙂

I have been watching this series on AMC the past three weeks and I really like it and it is very suspenseful and entertaining. And you should be able to get caught up if you miss episodes because AMC plays them often enough. Is there anyone else here that has watched this series at all? Because it does deserve the attention because for a zombie tv show it has some pretty good production quality and isn't a classic B rated movie style.

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Looks a bit like 28 days/weeks later

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

They do a good job at the survival aspect of the movie and you do get the feeling of no hope like in 28 Days and 28 Weeks.

You can watch the first episode here: http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walk ... 9216515001

ReplyQuote
Bullwinkle
(@bullwinkle)
Warrant Officer Registered

At the beginning of the first episode they make a very humorous commentary about the differences between men and women. For me, that has been the highlight of the series... the first 5 or 10 minutes.

After that, it's just a zombies, which have not improved much since the original Yawn of the Dead. 😉

ReplyQuote
frank
(@frank)
Petty Officer Registered

Walking Dead very horrible.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I think you definitely need to be a fan of the zombie movies (like me) to like Walking Dead and I don't think it is that bad at all and is better than most of the zombie movies that have been released the past few years and I think with the popularity of the show and the pickup of 2nd season the show will only get better and more funded for the effects so should get better as long as they keep moving the story and not make a zombie killing movie.

ReplyQuote